Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Abortion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
When i was a christian, i used to believe all life was sacred at birth and that no matter what size the fetus was still a child and shouldn't be aborted no matter what. As i've progressed i grew to accept the pro-choice position. It's very annoying since i can't really defend myself on some issues that are brought up during our family conversations. I think this has to due with me just being caught off guard and my slow response time.

Anyways, to me it makes more sense to not interfere with the woman's decision since its her body up until you get to the thri-mester. There is a grey area where the baby can still be viable and survive outside the womb. Before that, the baby can be considered a parasite if a couple was being irresponsible in bed. I don't think it makes sense to punish the couple and force them to take care of a child they didn't intend to have, especially if the couple are barely surviving financially speaking or are mentally in capable of taking care of one in the first place.

If they are forced to have the child, they will probably do a poor job at parenting and who knows what will happen to the neglected child. Maybe they would be influenced by trouble makers and commit crimes. This is why i believe (here in the US) that the poor areas in black community have a problem. The husbands ditch their women and they are left with the child. They don't have an abortion because the majority of them are pro-life and then this sh*t happens. In order for my folks to avoid seeing this grey area they see it as black and white like good and evil. I don't like falling into the the category that such and such things are intrinsically good but i also don't want to see myself slipping down the relative path. I think there are generally universal principles that fellow human beings should abide by.

As i type out my thoughts and re-examine my stance on this issue it seems to make sense but i wonder if i'm still wrong. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this matter as i don't want to be someone who is just lost and confused about it.
No abortion, it's just killing a baby before he was "taken out" which means that he did not died because he was too weak or he was "undeveloped", he died because he was unwanted. Do we realy need to die if world don't want us or atleast some people don't want us live? People should not do a quick descisions, they should do wise descisions. Before the baby arrives in the scene. If some girl or boy parents does not allow to have a child because of the mistake they did and similar reasons, they still should make a descision to wait and give a birth, who knows, maybe their life will start go forward instead of backward. After the birth, they can atleast allow baby to live in the adoption services (if possible). If we are talking about when the fetus is already made it's progress and just waiting to grow up and see the light.

The thing that makes people make abortions is the fear of responsability.

p.s funny thing, yesterday on a facebook I clicked on that program which was all about "be like bill" and I got this thing.
[Image: tdV1Lyw.png]

After seeing this, I realized that people must try to be responsible after learning from their own mistakes and they should continue living with everything without throwing away anything.
Everyone who comes in situation to decide between doing it or not doing it and thinks there are some positivies in abortion should be able to choose it.
Firstly, i guess, nobody here has been in situation to decide between those two so you can't know what your brain actually thinks in those moments.
Secondly, Earth is overpopulated already anyway.
Thridly, isn't abortion in early stage of embryo same as using condom? You are not murdering anyone. You are just preventing yourself from potential, unwanted baby. Baby didn't developed conscious yet so it's stupid to empathize with it. For the fact people barely remember anything till 4(i guess).
All abortion does is not killing a human, but preventing to become one.

I am approval of abortion. If so many people even think about it as a option then it must be really tough.

Personally i am not sure whether i would choose that option, but i don't see reason why to remove abortion as a option.

PS Religious things are irrelevant here since not everyone is believer. If someone doesn't want to do it because Bible says that way, that's fine, but if someone wants to do it is fine as well.
Marko Wrote:For the fact people barely remember anything till 4(i guess).
So following that logic, ending the life of anyone under 4 years in age is fine?
(01-26-2016, 09:02 AM)A-Man Wrote: [ -> ]
Marko Wrote:For the fact people barely remember anything till 4(i guess).
So following that logic, ending the life of anyone under 4 years in age is fine?

I am pretty sure he didn't mean that. He just said that abortion isn't a bad thing. Its not killing any individual, but stopping from getting developed.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that a couple messed up and the lady got pregnant. Now if she doesn't go for abortion based on her/religious beliefs, she needs to take the responsibility of the baby along with taking care of herself even though she may not be prepared for it. I am not saying that it is a bad thing, if she is determined enough that she can take care of both of them, then she should obviously go for it. BUT if she isn't, that baby will be a kind of burden on her. Then comes the possible solution i.e. abortion. Mind you, the baby isn't developed yet, so it can't be considered killing. Or she can have the baby and give it to adoption center. This thing scars the child forever that he was born an orphan without having any parents. This thought even scares me in a "What if" scenario. So in my opinion abortion is the better choice than adoption agency. These opinions may differ for certain individuals.
I'm not sure about this being taken lightly and being available as an option. A much better option could've been made beforehand that could save the couple and the baby the trouble.

As for ending the life of a fetus while it's still "unconscious", then come back when you have a solid definition of consciousness.
Its true that it shouldn't be taken lightly. But there are slim chances of getting pregnant even if necessary precautions are taken. In that case, even if you never did anything wrong, you will need to face the responsibility of the child growing within. In such cases what are they supposed to do? They took precautions because they never intended to have a baby but what the hell, it happened anyway. Are you saying that they should take care of the baby no matter what even without the confidence that they can take care of it?
Precautions? There is a slim chance you say. This means you're still taking the risk, and you're responsible in case something unfortunate happens.

Quote:Are you saying that they should take care of the baby no matter what even without the confidence that they can take care of it?
I am saying that only if they're ready to be held responsible for the result shall they even attempt taking that risk.
Okay just tell me, what is the possible way to have sex without impregnating the lady? I can only think of using a condom to prevent that. And still there are slim chances that the lady may still get pregnant. Nothing is definite. That is what I meant by precautions. It's not necessary that each couple have sex because they want a baby. They have unprotected sex, if having a baby is their main aim. So to avoid those kind of awkward situations they may need to abort the foetus. Still the main point being, I am neither supportive of abortion neither protesting. It clearly depends upon situation. Surely careless jerks may think it of a joke then proceed without protection don't deserve any mercy.
Quote:Okay just tell me, what is the possible way to have sex without impregnating the lady?
With 0% certainty? None that I know of. But refraining from doing it until capable of being responsible is what people can do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5