Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Javis Pre-test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone

Here's the Alpha version of Javis(Shock yes before Verss its only alpha)

Javis is a close combater just like Davis.Take my advice always stay close to enemies,they cant even push you back.As the sudden Aerektro's alway ready to strike.
And his continuous blows give you always trigger another attacks.

Some running moves

Penetrating Fist
[Image: hdyyMNZ.gif]
Deals greater amount of damage knock back's opponent.

CartRoundkick
[Image: MMY1OIT.gif]
Long range split kick.less damage,surprisingly knocks op on ground.

CartRoundcombo
[Image: yEd5mMB.gif]
A multi-hitter combo thats just does,nt give the opponents a chance.required accurate timing
right after super punch.

Aerektro-basher
[Image: J8xCuqF.gif]
Replicated through Davis's dragon punch, a straight air-cutter that rise with lying opponents too.

1.D>A AAA:Penetrating fist [a complete 3 hit blast attack keep spamming for spawing]

2.DvA:    Jaggetiing fists  [a 4 hit combo can inflict more hits if mixed with combos]

3.D^A,A:  Aerektro         [Air stirker with bonus down head smasher, can be used on lying enemies]

4.>><A:   Twin strikes     [rise enemy in air ready for Aerektro]

5.DvJ:    Zenshi           [alertness stance give rise to another attack]

6.DvJ,D>J:Invisible shock  [a straigt lightining fist able to put down 10 ops in a row]

7.DvJ J:  One-2            [1-2 a right head start for Dual thruster]

8.DvJ JA: Dual Thruster    [throws away enemy for a short distance]

9.D>J   : Forth Wheel kick [a surprise kick for a ranged enemy]

10.D>J,A: Double wheel Pin [another side kick before recovering]

_________________________________________neutral moves___________________________________
1.>>D,D^A. [rowing trigger's Aerektro]
2.>>J>JJJ-A.[backflips sounds new but can accompany forth wheel]

_________________________________________(combo list)____________________________________
1.AAA,DvA,D^A,A Javis style set C
2.AAA,A,A,D^A,A Javis style set R
3.AAA,DvA,J,D>J Javis style set M
5.AAA,DvA,J-stop,A(sp),D>J,A: Javis style set S.

_________________________________________(Download link)_________________________________
Download Javis here:http://www.mediafire.com/file/3jjl1sd7mx...elease.zip

All comments and critics will be kindly accepted

If you want to work with us for final version PM me!!

_________________________________________(Credits)_______________________________________
********************************This is a Alpha first release test***********************

Hope we have done enough for pre release,The final release of him will be with our-                                       -upcomming mod Lf2 Verss!.
For Lf2 verss! check out our thread at:http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...ight=verss

All rights are reserved to:
Marty wong,and Starsky wong for Little Figher 2****

Javis by:
Idea and concept:Skiperz.
Sprite's:Penew,Rein.(ripped from?? PM me to in LF2 Empire)
DCing and sfx:Penew.

Things we need for the final version.
1.4 new moves
2.AI scripter
3.Trailer promo
_________________________________________******__________________________________________
I downloaded to give it a try/review, but I ran into a few problems with the download itself:

After following the instructions and while loading up the game, there are several errors:
* some of the sound effects such as "114.wav" are supposed to be in a folder labelled "sounds". There is no "sounds" folder in the download.
* javis_kill.bmp is missing.

I've no idea what other files are missing, but please put the files in the appropriate folders and fix the download.
ok,the files are fixed now,use the available download link.
Do note I'll mostly be judging this character's data design compared to original LF2, not if he were compared to the mod he's intended to be in.

Since he uses id: 56, it is clear Javis is meant to be a boss character, though I want to point out that that doesn't mean he can break the game's own rules.

My main impression is that Javis has too many moves, and he feels awkward to control and stiff to combo with.
Damage is a little high, but the main thing that makes him overpowered is that abilities in particular that have a lot of tech advantage(mostly invulnerability frames) and pretty low mana cost. On the other hand, some of his moves feel very limited in use.

Let me elaborate on some examples:

When he dashes and then turns backwards(need to do it quickly), he will automatically do a backflip. This backflip is the same invulnerable backflip you use to "row" from falling; for some reason it can hit enemies and its speed is very limited compared to the normal LF2 characters(which means some original LF2 combos that normally can still work even if enemy flips will be broken if Javis flips). Furthermore, you can choose to keep backflipping non-stop(you can also move on z-axis), change into a dash, or even press A to reverse direction and do a very slow but long ranged attack. That means you can effectively run away or change positions all day without costing any mana.

His normal punch is very inconsistent. If you look at the data:
  • punch 1: start 2tu dvx2 -> 3tu itr bdef30
    punch 2: start 2tu dvx0 -> dvx2 3tu itr bdef40 -> frame 63 for 2tu.
That means sometimes he moves forward before punching and it can be blocked. Other times, he will move forward only when punching and it immediately breaks block, but takes a bit longer to recover.
I know original LF2 characters also suffer similar randomness in normal punch, but in this case the random factor is too much and even then, its not something in original LF2 that should be replicated.

Some input issues:
  • Running D>J (press all 3 buttons at the same time) = D^A(without costing any mana). This will also have potential bugs like doing running D<J/D<A without sufficient mana to do a backward dash attack.
  • If you press D^AA D^A, Javis will try to do D^A again in mid-air but fail(thus wasting mana unnecessarily). This needs to be fixed.
  • >> < A as a control for the upward kicks is pretty awkward, since players may want to do a normal punch at the end of that.
  • If you do >><A D^A, the D^A will be very weak. If you wait until you land on the floor before you press D^A, the combo will be much more powerful.

D>A is way too slow(even considering state 7) and can only hit a rather short range on the x-axis, so there is not much point using the attack outside of one specific combo: AAA(stun) D>AAA. Very high damage, not much mana cost, cannot be flipped. Outside of this combo the move is pretty much useless.

D^A is basically Davis' D^A, except it takes quite a long time to start. However, throughout this long startup time, Javis is invulnerable, so the slowness is a moot point, plus it costs less mana. In addition, you can just press A for an extra hit for no mana cost at all.

DvJ feels like a pointless attack. Why use that when I can just use DvA for a fast attack, or D>J for a slightly slower but still fast knockdown hit, or outright use D^A because its invincible?

Minor mistakes I noticed:
  • wpoint. Also, throwing height seems too low while also being too fast.
  • When using heavy weapon, he carries with one hand, but throws with two hands.
  • Running on z-axis with heavy weapon is faster than without a heavy weapon.
  • D^A can hit Julian/Knight twice even if they blocked.
  • DvA 1st punch sprite looks a bit too sudden.
  • Both >>A and >>AA looks a bit weird relative to the data. The 1st frame with itr doesn't look like a frame that should hit people, and it lasts a bit too long. Its weird to see >>AA have that wind effect considering that Javis just stands still without moving forward. Also, >>A generally moves forward too much.
  • When Javis does D>AAA, he punches, yet only the 1st punch has an itr.

I'd like to end on a more inspirational note rather than with a negative tone, so I'd like to show you some gifs/videos of combos that original LF2 characters have:
Combo Gifs & video (Click to View)
Notice that LF2 characters only have 4 special moves, yet those 4 are enough to create so many advanced combos, and those combos are not forced/automatic. You don't need to give Javis a million moves, you just need to give him about 4 distinct moves and build flexible combos based on just those 4 special moves AND normal attacks. That's one thing that makes me love LF2 - its combos are simple yet deep and you don't need to remember a lot of moves. That's what I hope Javis can be.
whoah, isn't that jin from tekken? cool sprites! :)
+1 dude

but seems awesome.
Is the character ready already ?
(04-11-2017, 08:09 PM)Sam Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]+1 dude

but seems awesome.
Is the character ready already ?

Get Javis from the download link given in my very first post.(letting u know about the link :) )
Yes the character is incomplete its the alpha version.He is playable to an extant,just some polishing and balancing needs to be done.

(04-11-2017, 09:23 AM)TheInfinity_08 Wrote: [ -> ]whoah, isn't that jin from tekken? cool sprites! :)

Yes he's been modified from Jin's sprites.