Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Programmable AI for Neora
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My last output is already a bit older, therefore: Now AI support for Neora!

Since there is no real support so far, I was asked if I could take it on.

Description

In the past, people have managed to write AI themselves (see, for example, YinYin's tutorial on how to get started). However, this has never worked in a modified EXE, such as for Neora. I have adapted the code of Silva/Boop/Doix and SomeoneElse and the extension of zort so that "all" hex addresses are correct. ( To be honest, a few addresses are still missing, but these should not be essential for now. )

Source Code

This project is open source, so anyone can look at the modified code.

Source Code on GitLab

Download

On the same page of the source code you can also find the download links. Make sure that you do not download the source code, but the compilation.

Release List on GitLab

[Image: gitlab_download8yjd4.png]

Breaking Changes

There is one change that unfortunately can not be done otherwise. For AIs to work for Neora, the call to
game
must be changed to
gamePtr.game
Furthermore, not a breaking change, but quite important: Neora supports 1000 objects, instead of 400, so if you find a for loop that goes to 400, just expand to 1000.

Version

The current version is 1.0.1.

Credits

Big thanks to the preliminary work of Silva/Boop/Doix and SomeoneElse. (Thread)
Big thanks to zort for the enhancements. (Thread)
Big thanks to seikosantana for the compilable AI version (Thread).
Also a thank you to Nakato for queries about Neora and offering help!

Donations
Even if this is rather untypical here: If you like my work (this or others like my Data-Editor), you can donate now.

Bitcoin: 39S7NWad3FyGVN43etz4K45s9MBaYj8sbp
Ethereum: 0xBf6722333D72Bd1C0B3C6B3ad970310D1Ea6E83B
Litecoin: MCi3b77HVTvJFAcDZ3wASsmJRJrmxGgzKj
PayPal: payment [at] lui-studio.net
This is amazing. We've been waiting a long time for this. Thank you very much for your hard work!
It's been some time since I've checked out Neora, I don't quite recall honestly... Could this be good for an improved version of the original game, but with the same mechanics in terms of how data works?

Having no options for adding custom AI, has been a reason to 'just' go with the original LF2 exe, so far.
(04-03-2021, 09:22 AM)Nakato Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for your hard work!

You're welcome :)

(04-03-2021, 01:51 PM)Memento Wrote: [ -> ]Could this be good for an improved version of the original game, but with the same mechanics in terms of how data works?

Maybe. However, I am not an expert in Neora either (I have asked a few questions to Nakato myself). In any case, Neora now has one less limitation.
Archer-Dante informed me that there was a bug (thanks for that, and thanks to the person who wrote to Archer-Dante). The bug fix causes a change, with which just about every AI needs to be adjusted, however the change is quite simple (see main post, "Breaking Changes"). Unfortunately, the access to "game" has to be changed a bit. Download link is in the same place as described in the main post (GitLab -> Releases).