Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: [char] Slime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Introduction

This was supposed to take me like a day or two. A green slime with stretchy powers and powerful throws, focused on grab spells. But, the idea to morph forms came to me. First just 1 extra form, then 2 then 3. Aaand it freaking took me almost a week to make.

Quite new to the data-changing scene and a beginner spriter. This is my first original work. Hope you guys like it.

Enjoy!

Update: v1.1
- Reduced file size. Don't know what I was thinking putting double spritesheet. Realized my dumb mistake while I was thinking about a new minion char to make.
- Blue Slime's Icy Wind [dFa] MP reduced to 100 (from 130), damage drastically reduced, pushback increased.

Description

[Image: ilTwRV9.png]

Slime, the slime. But this ain't your normal, run-of-the-mill, worth-only-3-exp slime. This one here is a mighty morphin' slimey ranger. Able to morph into 4 different forms, each with it's unique spells, Slime is a great supportive character in team fights and has a spell for every situation. Also good in FFAs. Kinda weak in 1v1s though as it requires some protection from direct fights.

Screenshots & Spells

- Morph form
MP:50 & HP:20
Common spell for every form. Morphs into a different form:
[dUa] - Red
[dDa] - Blue
[dUj] - Purple
[dDj] - Green
Screenshot (Click to View)
#Green Slime
[Image: ilTwRV9.png]

The base form. Remnants of my scrapped Grab-Based slime is seen a bit here. This form can hold out on it's own compared to the other forms.
Moves a bit faster than other forms.
50% higher throw damage. (30 -> 45)
Great throwing "arm"

- Rubberneck [dFa]
MP: 60
Extends itself forward to hit opponent for moderate damage.
- Gitouttahere [dDj]
MP: 30 (-6 per tick)
Runs forward and flings the first opponent it comes across. Can stop running with [d].

#Red Slime
[Image: IsGWGWL.png]

The fire form. Needs good positioning for it's low cost, high dmg Bombs. Afterburn can somewhat help him position, but it ain't cheap for positioning at 85mp.

- Afterburn [dFa]
MP: 85
Dashes forward leaving flames behind. The dash itself deals very low dmg but the flames deal moderate dmg.
- Cannon Form [dUa]
MP: 0 (100 to fire)
Enter "Cannon Mode". You are immobile in this form.
Press [a] or [j] to fire a bomb, [a] for a short range, [j] for moderate range, [d] for long range.
Bombs explodes for high damage after it's on the ground for sometime.
[dUa], [dja] reverts back. You can use Afterburn [dFa] in this form.

#Blue Slime
[Image: DmiBmPx.png]

This form is chill and likes to take things slow. Has a low dmg but freezing super punch. Chill out somewhere to save mp. Push back those who gets close with Icy Wind (don't spam it though. 100 mp ain't cheap) and when you have enough mp, stop global warming with Sub Zero.
Freeze time is halfed.
Slowest among all the forms.
Weak throwing "arm"

- Icy Wind [dFa]
MP: 100
A blast of freezing wind that pushes opponents and freezes. Has low damage but high pushback. Deals higher damage and push back the nearer the opponents are.
- Sub Zero [dDa]
MP: 400
Freezes everyone nearby, sprouts impenetrable icicles and rain down Hail stones.
Hail stones breaks and sprouts mini icicles after sometime.

#Violet Slime
[Image: a8SYpCY.png]

Void Slime does what Void Slime wants to do. Excels at mass dmg, but quite weak in single fights. Except when there are lots of items strewn around. Sudda listened when mom told you to pick your stuff up.

- Void Ball [dFa]
MP: 95
Shoots a ball that sucks in nearby objects and opponents. Deals moderate dmg.
- Black Hole [dDa]
MP: 130 (11.5 per tick)
Transforms into a black hole that sucks in nearby objects and opponents and deals damage. Can stop with [d].

Download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qvbUY-j...sp=sharing

CREDITS
shadowman44 (spriters-resource) - Slime sprite is based on one of his sprite rips.
Siul (spriters-resource) - Void Ball sprite is based on one of his sprite rips.
Drshnaps (spriters-resource) - Black Hole sprite is based on one of his sprite rips.
tombmonkey - Face sprites are based on one of his sprite rips.
Namco X Capcom Slime

I do remember a slime created by Rudolf27 which I used for my stages in replace of bandits.
Your slime is more bosslike rather than minion, but I love it!

Perhaps you could also work on orcs and goblins for your next minion, as we already have our natural "Goblinslayer" - Knight.
(06-22-2021, 03:05 AM)Sorcerer Wrote: [ -> ]Namco X Capcom Slime

I do remember a slime created by Rudolf27 which I used for my stages in replace of bandits.
Your slime is more bosslike rather than minion, but I love it!

Perhaps you could also work on orcs and goblins for your next minion, as we already have our natural "Goblinslayer" - Knight.

Thanks. It was meant to be on par with the lf heroes, perhaps a wee bit stronger, like "Bat".
The sprites in RUDOLF27's slime looks much more clear. If only I knew about this earlier. Comparing the 2 chars side by side, mine looks really pixelated.
Gonna see if I can work together with him to up my slime to his sprites.

Thinking of making a "Wolf" minion char for my personal LF+ mod, basicaly a  bigger, faster and stronger version of bandit, but (probably) no spells.
Wow! It's been more than 10 years! Feel free to use my character. Just credit me. Thanks.