Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Character in progress by [REDACTED](suggestions allowed :))
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
First i'm going to say that post count or rank doesn't say who ppl are, so i TOTALLY need help... I want to make a cool char, but so far i only have edited bat's color(and even THAT took me 10 hours -.-)
What should i improve? Tell me and i'll try to do something :)
Here is the 1st page(coz im sure you know the pages, just showing what have i done...):
[Image: vampire0ya7.png]
I would totally appreciate if someone could help me with shading... And i would be VERY happy, if someone would shade all 3 pages for me(2nd is 2 times smaller and 3rd has 2 sprites) :D
You need to use more colors.
What i mean is not THIS and THIS. More of different grey colors.

Example: [Image: dsa6ftv.png] I did this with Photofiltre Studio, it's much easier with the shading-tools or however it is called.
Well, I suggest that you don't use the short form. Why? Well, check out >this person's profile<

k, now to the sprites: I'd say you need to blur the shadows a little. Also, highlights are always good. Kinda like this:
[Image: 5306Untitled-2.png]

Furthermore, can you create your own head? It's cool that you use Bat's head, but it'd be even cooler if you could make your own head. ;)
On gimp you could have done it much faster...
By covering the clothes with black and changing the value scale lighter...
Nice any way...
Here's a tip...
Open a 79x79 dimension (on MS Paint)
Copy and Paste Bat (get rid of the black stuff)
Outline him
Then draw over him...
Forget the rest of his moves...
show the first sprite first when u post something...
It'll attract more people...to look at this thread...
Sorry BP, i don't think i can make hair... Face doesn't really matter, almost noone can see the same in most of the faces, but did you just blurred, nothing else?
Hey...
It's alright try and make it original - all of us do it...
You don't really have to do it LF2-stlye...
We just want to see what u can do...
It's really easy cut off his hair and make a shape...
Shading can wait for later...
Am i lame or what? -.- Just a little hairCUT...
[Image: singlecj2.png]
(02-05-2009, 09:27 PM)Kenert Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry BP, i don't think i can make hair... Face doesn't really matter, almost noone can see the same in most of the faces, but did you just blurred, nothing else?
I took your first sprite (top left), blurred the shadows (top right), added some highlights (bottom left), and added some darker shadows (bottom right). It's pretty easy to do that with a non-mspaint-program ;)
how do you add shadows and highlights? i use mostly mspaint :D
k, get a different program if you want to speed up your progress. PhotoFiltre, GIMP, Paint.NET, Photoshop, anything.

(02-06-2009, 05:12 PM)Kenert Wrote: [ -> ]how do you add shadows and highlights? i use mostly mspaint :D

Take a lighter color than the basic-color, use a low opacity, and brush over the parts that should be highlighted. Do the same with he shadows.

--

I think you misunderstood something, I have nothing against the name Gadope, I'd just don't use the abbreviation for it ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4