Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: [MOD] L4LD (BRAAAAAAINS! XD)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Left for Little Deads

The new project i am working on ^^
It's a L4D mod for LF2.

For all the people, that DON'T know L4D:
Left for Dead is a Zombie-Ego-Shooter. 4 Random guys were left in a city full of walking deads. In Campaign (and Coop) you have to fight your way through MASSES of weak, but fast and annoying Zombies to reach a Safe Room at the end of each day... and next morning you fight again... and again...

The game bases on teamwork: Maybe some simpel bullets can stop one Zombie, but for dozens of them you need more.
Additional, there are 5 Special Zombies:
The evil slime-spreading big-bellied Boomer,
the fast and well-clawed Hunter,
a evil Zombie with a loooooooong Tongue, called Smoker (i dunno why XD),
a small, not-dangerous-looking zombie ladie, the Witch
and the ultimate super-big Tank.

Ok, now the reason why i told you this:
Instead only adding some chars, i will mostly rebuild LF2. All chars will be WAY more far-based, some will be able to build barricades, aid teammates etc...
Also i begun to rewrite the Stage Mode. Of course you will now encounte Zombies ^^ MASSES of Zombies...
AND i will also include the teamplay: ALL Zombies can grap you easyly... and most of them will attack you until you're dead (or someone helps you).
I will try to put some AI into it, too: The basic moves of the new char will be on D, J and A (Yes, you won't be able to defend or jump, but you won't need ;) ), so the CPUs will use "special" moves, too... AND they will automatically get the order to come to your position, if you get grapped ^^
Additional i will include as much possible "weapons" as in the game: Mainly things like the Beeping Bomb, the Molotov Coktail etc (instead guns most chars will use balls, of course... it's L4LD ^^)

A short preview of typical char move list:
A Energy Blast
D Quick Jab
J Grenade Toss
D>A Piercing Blast
DvJ Proximity Mine
D^J Dynamit (1x useable per stage part ^^)

I attached a small beta version. It includes 2 Zombie-STages (1 and 2, duu ^^) all new Zombie-types, but no new human characters (that's what i'm working on atm).
Simply place all dat-files in the data-folder of your LF2-folder (Make a safe copy of the original stage.dat before (duh)) and the 4 bmp-files in your LF2\sprite\sys-folder.
Then make a safe copy of your data.txt and put the downloaded one in it (Advanced DCers can of course alter the basic data.txt, too, but i recommend STRONGLY (!) to put the Zombie-data on id:30)

If you want to play Stage mode i recommend:
DON'T PLAY ALONE! Take at least 1 comp... Like i said most Zombies have a "deadly" grap. If one Zombie is left and he makes it to grap you, you are dead...
In full game, survivors will have a special move to evade graps... but the basic chars of course don't have ;)

Gl and Mf ^^

(If someone is interested... my kill count at the end of Stage 1/2 (with Deep and a Freeze com) were 2** and (exactly XD) 400 (not counted the 200 not-counted Zombies in Stage 2... Damn Boomer...))

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j12e1nwyt4rrzaf
>>>fantastic work dude!<<<

never imagined sth like L4D would fit into LF2 style! :P
However, a nice mod.

lil edity: How about some extra dmg with molotov gainst the witch?
Did you ever tried out?^^ Looks cool if they run burning towards you and it does a damn damage.
Just need to throw a molotov at her and use both pistols (cause of frequency) while going backwards. ;)
Btw, you could add a "hide" function. Some of them are hiden well! :P
XLittlebob252 Wrote:>>>fantastic work dude!<<<i love the idea and thought it will be an L4D lf2 and i can a little help if you get stuck in something because i have L4D 2 :)and there is a little problem in boomer when he catch the enemy with hes attack you should make the enemy stuck. and maybe do the survives, i can help you if you want. (survives: Zoey,Bill,Francis,Louis).
GAD! I like i Hate the LOMBIES!
Edit:

here is bill (first time drawing hat and gun)

[Image: zvbqps.png]

what do you think Alblaka?
Nice , but the size and position of the gun is not perfect , i think you should edit the position of the gun a bit closer to the hand!
(04-01-2009, 11:14 PM)XenoEX Wrote: [ -> ]GAD! I like i Hate the LOMBIES!

ST** and leave this tread you damn spammer...

(04-01-2009, 10:41 PM)Hypermodder Wrote: [ -> ]>>>fantastic work dude!<<<

never imagined sth like L4D would fit into LF2 style! :P
However, a nice mod.

lil edity: How about some extra dmg with molotov gainst the witch?
Did you ever tried out?^^ Looks cool if they run burning towards you and it does a damn damage.
Just need to throw a molotov at her and use both pistols (cause of frequency) while going backwards. ;)
Btw, you could add a "hide" function. Some of them are hiden well! :P

Uhmm...
I never really played L4D XD Only watched someone playing it and read DAMN much about it. But i never seen a witch in action (the other 4 ones i saw)...
I only know, that she sits around without doing much until you direct your flashlamp towards her. Therefore "my" witch simple sits around... don't attack her, it won't be healthy for you ^^
And the fire thingy could be difficult... "burned" zombies will get kicked down as all burned things in LF2.

Played the stage mode already? In Stage 2 you will get enough "hidden" suprises ;) try 2-3 for example... i always scare myself with playing it XD

(04-01-2009, 11:01 PM)XLittlebob252 Wrote: [ -> ]
XLittlebob252 Wrote:>>>fantastic work dude!<<<i love the idea and thought it will be an L4D lf2 and i can a little help if you get stuck in something because i have L4D 2 :)and there is a little problem in boomer when he catch the enemy with hes attack you should make the enemy stuck. and maybe do the survives, i can help you if you want. (survives: Zoey,Bill,Francis,Louis).

Yup, BoomerCatch is still a bit messy... will overwork that ^^ (and there's a scary bug, too: Sometimes, if you hit him, he will explode about 200 times in a row... with a result of 377 (maximum unit limit XD) Zombies running towards you...)

Nah it should be L4LD.
The survivors will be 5 or 6 rebuildt basic chars with different abilitys. For example Dennis will be able to construct barricades and John gets some healing moves etc..

(04-01-2009, 11:21 PM)XLittlebob252 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit:

here is bill (first time drawing hat and gun)

[Image: zvbqps.png]

what do you think Alblaka?

Looks nice, but >look above<
Looks like I can't complete my zombie mod anymore. Yours is very similar to mine except mine wasn't based on L4D; I hadn't even heard of L4D when I started on my zombie mod. I didn't know how to DC, so I put together nanaya's zombies and Leos World War characters. It was already fun as it was with me and my cousins. One would build barricades while the rest of us would fire at the zombies; I have a video where I changed a zombies frame and henrys frame so that it looked like he was getting raped. I actually started working on this mod since 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GikPOEr6EkQ
unfortunately the music got taken off... quite the news for me

Here was some designs for zombies I had
[Image: zombies.jpg]
Either way I like this idea, I have played lots of L4D and think you should complete this as I probably won't be able to finish mine because of the four other mods I am working on
^
What's up with the hundreds of "Jason" there? I can understand 1, 2, or 3 watermarks on the sprites, but wtf?

It's not like people will steal your work or something.

Nice, I really like L4D =o

Didn't tried the beta yet, but sounds good based on your description =p

Will the modified characters have different desings or just like the originals? (Dennis with a white jacket, as an example)
Oh, I that was always like that >.> I couldn't remove them all so whatever.
Yeah I do think this would be a good mod, and he should finish it :P
Pages: 1 2