Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Kingdom-LF2 DC Tech - Stage-Multi-Lock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This system modified all characters are modified so only normal heros (Davis, Woody...) are allowed in Stage Mode and also only in Single Player. Not allowed characters or Multiplayer will stop the stage. You can directly take this system for your version, but give credits!!!

Like I already told: This system is very useful if you want to create a kind of story in your stage and so you only want to have one main hero play the stage. The bonus characters are locked.

When the player use them or use multiplayer a message is displayed and stage stops. In case the message is not shown correct in the stage you just need to adjust the zboundary values of the background (well, this is easiest way, sure there're others like creating a new system where the messages are activated at another y-value).

All authorised characters have the following itr:

Code:
itr:    #authorised char
      kind: 0  x: -5000  y: 5000  w: 10000  h: 500  injury: 100  zwidth: 500
   itr_end:

All not authorised characters have this itr:

Code:
itr:    #not authorised
      kind: 0  x: -5000  y: 6000  w: 10000  h: 500  injury: 100  zwidth: 500
   itr_end:

Check the characters where I pasted them in case you add new characters to your version.

For the Multilock-System you need to add these frames to every character:

Code:
<frame> 380 multi-lock (stage x-1)
   pic: 0  state: 3  wait: 0  next: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79
   hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   cpoint:
      kind: 2  x: 39  y: 79
   cpoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 23  y: 55  weaponact: 23  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 381 multi-lock (stage x-1)
   pic: 0  state: 3  wait: 0  next: 999  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79
   hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   cpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 39  y: 79
   cpoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 23  y: 55  weaponact: 23  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
<frame_end>

In case your character is higher (like Julian) change cpoint-y and centery (need to be same value)

For this system I used the following y-values:

-5000 multi lock
1000 multi lock

5000 little fighters authorised itr
6000 little fighters unauthorised itr
7000 stage lock kill lockbandit

So in case you don't want to get errors don't use them in your game again.
very nice system :)
not very much more to say than that
yeah, but since this is much work to code but not very hard I think it's easier to put this as public and free for everybody to use...
hmmm, looks pretty cool! But if you just could use 1 time....in 5 stages...
It would be cool if there would be a new hexed frame which uses the "pause"-function and stops them after the dialouges...
Actually, if you're really lazy, you could just use an itr k: 14-object that block anybody :P
However it'd would have a whole bunch of disadvantages (too lazy to list them all).

@HM, the system works more often than you think (or posted). You can actually use it (at least) once for every stage, if it works like I think it should be even possible to work every new stage (1-1, 1-2, 1-3......). Not sure (and too lazy) to test out how it is about phases, though :P
[offtopic]
erm..,
MH?
Firstly, i sent you hordes of messages and you dont seem to reply.
is it something i said?
[/offtopic]
now for the problem,
the problem we were chatting about(criminal heroes),
is solved.
works perfectly with multiplayer provided that the chosen chars are different.:p
why am i posting all this here?
because i want to know exactly how this works.
I Wrote:provided that the chosen chars are different
can there be a system that allows multiplayer BUT the chosen characters must be different.
ie. deep & dennis are allowed but deep & deep are not allowed.(should be easy since you created the multilock;))
it would be nice of you to reply
such a system could be set up in stage 1-1 and the criminals could appear in the stage 1-2.:D

~MXE
No it'S nothing about you, I was in france during the weekend and didnt have internet, just didnt note this here in my status :p

For coding: http://www.lf-empire.de/content/view/141/127/lang,en/

This should help you for Stage Lock, Multi Lock System is quite easy: You just spawn an object, this object beams to aplayer with itr/kind 8 and catch him, brings him to a frame with no bdy, spawn another object which search for more players with a second itr/kind 8. What you can do is give the caught character a characteristic bdy in the frame where he's caught, then the new spawned pbject which should search for characters first have characteristic itr/kind 8s to see which character is caught, then go to another frame where he search for ex deep again.

Important: The characteristic bdy in the stuck frame of the first caught character and the characteristic bdy where the spawned object search for must be different, the first is only noted in stuck frame, the second in all frames of the character. If the're the same the spanwed object will always go to the caught char and lock stage

In case there's a second deep (work with deep as char now) the itr/kind 8 work and do whatever locks stage.