Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Hard, Harder, Programming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One question!
Why do you think a lot of people thinks programming is extremely hard while it actually only is writing a few sentences just in another language?
Like...
Why wouldn't you want to learn Russian? It's like saying something in English, only in Russian language.
Hmmm... Yea. Good example ;D

Here's the answer: Nobody wants to learn a "language" only so that they can do some funny things, they probably won't need very much.
actually its like this:
most people think programming is easy-peasy. but after looking at some code, their eyes get wider and wider (and they get epileptic lol ) and they ask themselves: how could any human being see through this?

people who want to make games usually use sandbox programs like rpgmaker, so they don't need to code much.

the only people who actually are willed to learn some real coding are people who do it for money or their job (=money :P )

of course there are some exceptions, but most people are like that.

edit: dang, fresh ninjas stroke.
(03-01-2010, 07:58 PM)Lauli Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody wants to learn a "language" only so that they can do some funny things
That reminds of a classic act:
One person says some free software (like a game) isnt good enough and wants the creator to fix it.
And I always wonder: "Why dont you learn programming, see how easy it is, and do it yourself, or learn whats actually possible and practical."

(03-01-2010, 07:59 PM)Bamboori Wrote: [ -> ]of course there are some exceptions
Like me lol.
Someone else Wrote:One person says some free software (like a game) isnt good enough and wants the creator to fix it.
"Hey... I really enjoyed playing Crysis, but I think there were some bugs in the game engine."
"So what? Go fix them yourself, all you need is out there!"

Maeby?
Crysis isn't a free software, but basically...
It's just awesome how everybody is impressed cause i write some scripts at school :P
As may some of you know I can code in LF2 language (bit strange to call it language), VB and Html.
So we have this Programm at School that shall help us learning this 10 Finger typing Stuff.
And you easily get an Error or False Letter there and you cant correct it.
We write Exams and Stuff with that Programm :P
It's Called WinTast.
And i discovered a methode (via sendkeys) that allows me to copy the text we should write and let the PC think i have written it.
So yeah i get an A and i have 30000 Strokes per minute :D
And everybody is impressed and many people stand behind me and say things like (when i write a free hand script) "God how can you memorize all this?"
If i say "It's really easy you just need to learn some expressions. Shall i teach you the basics? We have enough time until lesson ends"
"Ehr no Thanks that's to hard for me"

Some people might never learn it :P

Long Text, No Sense

EDIT:
1 Fresh Ninja and the Overlord of Fresh Ninjas striked again ^^
(03-01-2010, 08:06 PM)Lauli Wrote: [ -> ]"So what? Go fix them yourself, all you need is out there!"
No, my point is that people wants other people to fix problems they have for free without thinking about what the other person has to do.
You should look at Powder Games uploads, a lot of them has ideas for what could make the game "better" but many of them are simply stupid and doesnt make any sense. Some are even impossible.

(03-01-2010, 08:09 PM)Hacker Wrote: [ -> ]If i say "It's really easy you just need to learn some expressions. Shall i teach you the basics? We have enough time until lesson ends"
"Ehr no Thanks that's to hard for me"
Lol, reminds me of my school.
(03-01-2010, 07:54 PM)Someone else Wrote: [ -> ]One question!
Why do you think a lot of people thinks programming is extremely hard while it actually only is writing a few sentences just in another language?
Then you hear other people asking:
Why do you think a lot of people think programming is writing a few sentences in another language while it actually is extremely hard?

Seriously. People just don't understand programming.
Or maybe you're just too good at programming. Sometimes I still find myself staring at a code solution and saying, "English, please."
From a perspective of some one that cant really "see" the code that well but is learning. The initial "whoa what does all of this mean" is a big obstacle cause it is very intimidating.

Finding any use in the real world is also important. But there certainly is a sense of logic that a person can gain when doing this stuff

People just have to get used to seeing it and understanding what everything means. I'll have to say learning lf2 code is easier then learning another language though.
programming's easy - just find what statements do what and what you have to pass in functions and etc.
(getting used to the acronyms and interpreting functions signatures is really hard in c++ (without documentation anyway). in java it's easy)

writing good code isn't. code design/logic is probably what makes ppl be unable to get something done (just looking @ the dc section, you may know how ik8 works, but not be able to use it properly to make a move work)

Azriel~
Pages: 1 2