Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: [tut] Sprites recoloring with PaintNet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
we have one... IN PHOTOSHOP.
kay if you want to know how, i'll do one...(doing now)
ok... but i only did it in paint.net... I CAN'T USE GIMP ITS OFFICIAL. ok so someone do a tut for gimp. thanx.
sorry its messy.
Messy but clear... post it in Tutorials section :)
EDIT: O_O Posted!
(05-14-2010, 11:10 AM)forgetlatios Wrote: [ -> ]someone do a tut for gimp. thanx.
We don't have to. since that (tutorial) is kinda like in Gimp.
uhh... no... (tries using gimp again to check)
yea.
gimp=> hold shift is like holding ctrl in paint.net
gimp=> must go to image>mode and change to RGB mode
D:

OH ALEC DID THIS? :)
D: somin?(or ya just kiddin', alec? )
Yo - Simoneon
So do I have to do this for every sprite in the sheet? or there is another easier way?

^
|
|
N00b :D
(05-14-2010, 02:59 PM)Layz Wrote: [ -> ]So do I have to do this for every sprite in the sheet? or there is another easier way?
Of course there is, but I don't know it :D
Even recoloring sprites is such a hard work.
Probably, there is an option which lets you choose between contiguous and free selecting. The first will let you select similarly colored areas while the latter will let you select everything on a spritesheet which has similar colors. This way, you cover 95% of color-switching with one simple action; a few random pixels will still be originally colored, you'll have to change their color by manually going over it (with either a brush tool or with the selecting/changing hue method).
(05-14-2010, 03:19 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Probably, there is an option which lets you choose between contiguous and free selecting. The first will let you select similarly colored areas while the latter will let you select everything on a spritesheet which has similar colors. This way, you cover 95% of color-switching with one simple action; a few random pixels will still be originally colored, you'll have to change their color by manually going over it (with either a brush tool or with the selecting/changing hue method).
Does this option exist in GIMP? I'll look...
it does. wait a moment i'll show ya.
EDIT: here
[Image: dnfs5h.jpg]
I already found it, I'll post it in a moment...
Ok, select this "magic wand" tool and choose all options. Then change the threshold (the last option) to the specified number (depends what colors you want to change) and... click on the sprite!
Anyway, it all comes with that tool.
Pages: 1 2