Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: [Char] Quote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Greetings from the keyboard of Jed37! Here's another character of mine. This time, I decided to do something different. I made Quote, the main character of Cave Story, into a LittleFighter2 character. Cave Story is a freeware game made by one man, Pixel, over the course of five years. It's an awesome game, and you should check it out if you have the time.
About the character... Quote the android is a rather simple character to play, but the DC is quite complicated. His moves are the following:

[Image: Untitled1.jpg]
D^J: Summon Polar Star (Laser Pistol)
D^A: Summon Rocket Launcher
DJA: Drop Weapon
D>A: Headbutt
J (While Jumping): Booster

Kudos to Pixel, who made Cave Story, and thus also the sprites for the character. The only sprites I made myself are the punching and headbutting frames, and the facepic. Well, I hope you enjoy the character!

EDIT 6/17/10: Refined the character a bit, changed the facepic and jetpack.

EDIT 6/17/10: Fixed a bug causing the weapons to not always summon correctly, fixed the problem causing the rockets to not explode upon hitting boulders/crates.

EDIT 6/18/10: Huzzah! Firing lasers and rockets now costs mp! Also, firing a rocket causes kickback while in midair!

EDIT 6/18/10: I made the jetpack flight smoother, so it takes a bit of time to overcome inertia. Professor Booster would be proud.

Please download and comment! I really appreciate comments!

EDIT: Also, Balrog. Huzzah!
[Image: Untitled1-2.jpg]
Ah... First time I saw him was in Gang Garrison 2 (Demake of Team Fortress 2 :D) Then, while reading the wiki, I found out he and that other guy are in Cave Story. Nice of you to make him :P
Thanks! I thought it would be a good project. I might make Balrog, too, if this one goes over well.

*Checks original post... Sees that no one has downloaded the character yet*
Yes, but what do you think of the actual end product?

Also, does anyone have any ideas for moves to add? Preferably ideas from people who have played Cave Story, but all ideas are welcome and encouraged.
I'd be serious:
Why the character is way too pixelated (reminds me of teh old mario)? Made me lol.
I don't want to download anything... net probs, can't download too much.
GIVE HIM A UEBER ATTACK, like throwing ueber grenades.
ahhh... *sigh*
i'm not going to download. until i see some real screens. not zoomed in, not single char only, screens. now, im gonna drink my coke.

edit: lolwut? the cap's shadow implies shading. the torso and lower body don't.
Fine. When I get a chance, I'll upload some more screenshots.

Also, for future notice, all complaints about the sprites will be ignored, because with the exception of the punching and headbutting, they are all, AS I SAID IN THE FIRST POST, taken directly from the game that this character is from.

So, does anyone want to really download the character and talk about the data/gameplay, the part I was actually responsible for MAKING?
I'm grumpy at 2:00 AM. Go figure.
how coincidental that i happened to have played cavestory really recently XD
lol
i've dled it but i got no time to try it :(
i'll see tomorrow
I updated the download. Now the jetpack has a time limit, his facepic is an actual face, he holds the rocket-launcher the way he does in Cave Story, and a few other things have been generally fine-tuned.
seeing that the screens are there... testing...

results:
headbutt: lolwut? might as well punch
D^A: sometimes you waste all you mp and nothing happens... and it gets blocked by stones, although doesnt destroy them. that, is, fail.
D^J: no mp? OP
boostery thing: nice

i'd give it a... 4/10 till you fix those few(and yes, i downloaded the new one)
(06-18-2010, 03:47 AM)forgetlatios Wrote: [ -> ]seeing that the screens are there... testing...
' Wrote:headbutt: lolwut? might as well punch
D^A: sometimes you waste all you mp and nothing happens... and it gets blocked by stones, although doesnt destroy them. that, is, fail.
D^J: no mp? OP
What's wrong with a headbutt? first of all, that's just his super-attack. It'd be silly to have his super-attack be just another punch like his regular attacks. Plus, it's awesome! His head is bigger than the rest of his body, and he's hitting you with it!

I fixed the part about the missiles being blocked by stones, check again. I'm not sure what's causing the occasional bug where it costs mp without summoning.

I agree that the shots should cost mp. As soon as you find a way to make weapon attacks cost mp, tell me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4