Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: spriting step by step
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: stepbystep.gif] [Image: tay_balo2.png]
done !!!
is that GAD? XD ahahha well done XD

but seriously.. ilike idea with resizing. prety genius i must say :D by that way you can focus on details and so on... just great. ^^ i need to try it!!!!! :D
Now explain it. This is the 3rd time you've released in the tutorial section... none of them have you made a STEP BY STEP guide.

If any thing this should be moved to normal sprites section and just listed as one of your very many accomplishments.

To make a guide, you need to add writing that people can make use of. Look at all guides on how to draw or learning to draw books. They explain each step and every step all of the way through.
(07-11-2010, 07:16 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]Now explain it. This is the 3rd time you've released in the tutorial section... none of them have you made a STEP BY STEP guide.

If any thing this should be moved to normal sprites section and just listed as one of your very many accomplishments.

To make a guide, you need to add writing that people can make use of. Look at all guides on how to draw or learning to draw books. They explain each step and every step all of the way through.

You know, I find stuff like this way more useful than those step by step guides that try to explain to me what I can ALREADY SEE FOR MYSELF in the pics... I suppose you could call these more like intermediate tutorials rather than beginner tutorials... since they focus more on showcasing different workflows that you can choose portions and ideas you want to learn from, instead of a whole rigid system designed to help an idiot build a sprite from start to finish, which will usually end up with alot of redundant steps that are useful only to make the system idiotproof, but is of no merit to spriters who can actually already sprite(irregardless of quality), and is only useful as a whole.

Of course, I'm not saying step by step tutorials suck or these are better, I'm just saying that there are different uses for both types.
so you start by spriting big and than you resize it?

i don't know about you but i completely agree with Seigvar
i never rly look over at the actual info and rly look @ the visuals...this was a great way
especially because it's something new i haven't used (the new dimensions for re-sizing)
but yes on a side note they do come in handy if someone doesn't understand...
still it's great ;D
Hmm, admittedly Siegvar and Luti - I did not look at it from those points of view. I can see exactly where you're coming from, because yes it is a lot less rigid and very flexible for use in spriting. However when I saw the title 'step by step' my mind instantly warped into the frame of 'newbie guide..' which involves a lot of explanation on anatomy and how to make the basic sprites.
That is why I went on to post how I did.
The last few posts have been 'draw picture' - 'colour picture' - 'shade picture', all of which without any newbie friendly or 'idiot proof' steps in them. It was just a 'this is how it looks at the final part of this stage'.
I'm not saying thats not entirely helpful... because it can be. You can gain a wealth of knowledge by looking at shading styles and stuff.

Something that would be good would be to post the seperate frames as well. That way it can be slightly more 'newbie friendly' and 'idiot proof'

Sorry if I seemed too harsh guys, it's just the way the words come out my mouth.

Eddie
, is there a chance you could slow down the animation, or post up the frames? Its a little quick for me to take in each change.

Still pretty good though, perhaps this would be a useful side explanation to most tutorials. *Thumbs up* :D

, What size does Marti usually start spriting at? 128x128?