Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Live spriting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I had this idea just a few days ago. How about i make a live video stream chatroom so people can watch me sprite from scratch?
tinychat has a function for such an occasion.

I would like to know 2 things:
-is this a good idea, and would you show up to see it?

-when would be a good time for it? weekend? because i'd have to convert timezones for the best time for everyone.

just an elaboration: Tiny chat is just like the IRC, but it has a view desktop function, and you can watch what people do with ease in the web browser (no extra downloads)

at the moment, a weekend morning seems to be the best time for me, and when a lot of members are online. (whether they are in a weekend morning is a different thing all together)

Ill sprite a face pic or normal sprite (depending on those who show up)

btw, i sprited this while thinking about it.
[Image: sorcererguycopy.png]
okay so let me get what your saying
your gonna make like a chat when your live video
and in the meen while we chat you sprite and talk to us?
i think its a good idea (my opinion)
maybe ill come.
and nice sprite
Sounds like a good idea, great way to pick up techniques and styles, as well as seeing how other spriters work.

Although, I might not show up, because I have sort of a short attention span. XD
yeah go for it....visuals would rly help out...especially video....
Not a bad idea, maybe you could get a group of people to do so Alectric.

Basically people could watch you and maybe other talented artists like apoc/siegvar/chish/luti if they have the time or are willing to do it. Infact, people could possibly watch just about ANYONE to get a view idea's from them.

Nice thinking. I'd watch and I like the sprite. :D

Weekend is the best time to do it. Should make it within a reasonable time for most people to be awake though... people you can exclude from that are Luti - he never actually seems to sleep!?

Eddie
This would be awesome. Wow i wonder why i didn't write waesome. Wait now i did.

So nevermind this is a good idea i probably would come if i still get the laptop when it's on and it would be fun. How about making it all day till you get of the PC? D:

So as Joe from FRIENDS would say:
YEAH BABY!!

~RtXaS~

Edit: F***! Ninja'd!
Edit2: Lol, Eddie sounds like some kinda LIVE TV show. I can see the commercial for that. If you wan't: Action, Romance and lots of guns. Then don't watch Alec's Live Spriting Show. Featuring Apoc, Sieg, Chish, Kay and other people that only LFE knows about! Tune in Every Weeking Morning, on Tinychat.
pm Wrote:
Eddie Wrote:
LutiChris Wrote:sigh* i wake up 7am - 11pm....practically online the whole unless if im @ work
and even during work i check LFE, it's soooooo damn addicting...
and most of the day i don't do anything... :P
life consists of less sleep, more eating and a whole lot of LFE... Facepalm
it's like a curse...
I do the same wake up and go to sleep times... dayum... although this is 1 in the morning atm. Late night spriting time!?
lol, i check LFE to see if i can write any more tutorials.. you're right it is addicting lol.
the best kind of addiction ...lol xD
Haha, I have actually been debating on doing this kinda thing for quite a while. But more of a screen recording thing and uploading the end result to youtube. But... time ran out and now I am operating on my new laptop. So lucky you alectric, no more touchpad sprites for me, because the touchpad on my new laptop sucks... bad. (well at least the buttons do, the touchpad area is great (y)) Now I have to get used to spriting with a mouse. It should be interesting to say the least. IF by some odd chance you plan to do a series like RtXaS suggested, count me in.

Other than that, you have my full support for this idea. The following link is a live streaming link. I am not sure if it is limited to computers based in the US though. Hope it helps.
http://www.usstream.tv/

And on another note, I would love to see BP sprite, he has a very peculiar method that I feel a bunch of people could learn quite a bit from.
Well, becouse of timezones etc. i think it would be better if you could just make a spriting tut for your style? That sprite is pretty good and if you tell us how you make it, we could learn smthing, and also, if you make tut, it´s watchable 24/7, not only 1h in week :/
Or one good idea could be tut that you update sometimes with new sprite and tell us how did you make it?
It's a great idea indeed. I'd love to see how people work on their sprites.
I'd suggest to make a video about how you sprite, so people offline can actually show them anytime and anywhere.
Pages: 1 2 3 4