Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Darkman's first character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first character.
This character is not finish yet.
[Image: HABfkAaDc]
I give you download link after I input several moves.
the image didn't work for me. So i fixed it XD:
[Image: boyvqpj7th5mbilye.jpg]

Its an edit . no problem of editing but it needs to be properly edited. His hat is misshaped and his eyes needs some glow. good luck . and do some sprites and post here so that we could know how it turns out.
I would like to tell you (and every other new member as well):
A recolored/edited (face) pic != character

In words:
Just creating a single sprite or picture does not make it a character. Not even if you add some cool names and fancy moves.
There are WAAAAY too many "characters" out there, who just consist of a sprite and the casual "I will add moves and full sprites soon/later/Somewhen".

Btw, next time consider giving this thread a appropiate name... because we had 3 threads with "My (first) character" created in the past week ^^'

face-pic: (Thx at firzenx for fixing it)
You should read some of the shading tuts. Actually, i can't see anything shaded on the yellow clothes.
Additionally, the blue circle on his cap ignores any kind of perspective... It just looks like a flat blue circle on a flat yelow piece in the shape of a cap.
The eyes are... uhm... ye... The red dots surely don't make the "eyes" of template look better... exspecially not, since you missplaced them (imho).

Advice:
If you REALLY insist on making a character like this,
- Read more spriting tuts and improve your abilities. Atm that face pic looks worse then what i would draw. And i seriously suck on drawing something.
- Consider whether you actually have the time and patience (? correct term ?) to create a whole character.. keep in mind, even without special moves, you will need to edit 140 single sprites in the manner you just did to the facepic.
- I'll make a random guess regarding your DC (DataChanging = programming the character) knoweledge: Low-None. DCing is somewhat easier to learn, because you don't need any abilities (like spriting needs the general ability to draw something), but it's not done within a few min, either (just ned 4+3 hours to get 3 moves for my character working. no jk). Do you have the time&spirit to learn&do all the DC as well?

As always, i would recommend people to start SMALL: Edit one of the basic chars... may add some new sprites for a new move... then recolor a character and mix his moves up, etc.
Starting with a completely new sprited character (or even an edited one) and making him teh first ultimate char of me will usually not work. (Exspecially not with Template... he doesn't have any existing sprites for special moves...)

Ye, TL ^^
Thanks for your coment. I will improve my ability.