Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: The way i do my sprites [Video]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HeY guys :)
some of you asked my how i do my sprites or what programm i use so here is a little video showing me spriting.

Okay here are my steps:

1.sketching the "sprite" on paper and scanning it (not in the vid)
2.opening another existing sprite so i know how big my sprite has to be
3.resizing the whole sprite to 400 %
4.resizing the sketch to a suitable LF2 size
5.Spriting :) (i use many different layers for the different parts of the
sprite for example: hair,skin,eyes & mouth etc.)
6.when your finished resize the sprite to 100% again ( not in this vid
cause i only did the head of a sprite their ->the finished sprite you
will see tomorrow maybe^^)

I hope this video helps some of you :)

PS: it's my first "tutorial" so don't be so harsh to me :D

Tutorial Sprite (Click to View)
woah, it took you 5.23 minutes of video (sped up) to draw only the head?

Tips:
For a video tutorial, i learnt more from the text underneath than the video

When creating a screen-capturing tutorial video, its probably best NOT to have any other programs open, i mean come on, you were browsing facebook photos and kept typing in skype (i think)
You could have at least edited those bits out.

I dont feel i can rate this as a tutorial yet because it feels so incomplete.
Great Tut!
But there was so much disturbance as Alectric said before.
And plz make a tut on a pic or a document which can be downloaded like most of the people do.
Quote:woah, it took you 5.23 minutes of video (sped up) to draw only the head?

Tips:

When creating a screen-capturing tutorial video, its probably best NOT to have any other programs open, i mean come on, you were browsing facebook photos and kept typing in skype (i think)

okay i knew I'm not very fast in making sprites (origional time: 59 minutes), but i think it's because i'm still a beginner in sprite making and sometimes i don't really know instantly how to shade sth or how to make it look good/LF2 styled.
I think thats why i get distracted very fast and do other things between. I simply just can't concentrate myself an hour on just a thing.
I know this is crap, but it's me >_>

I'm sry that you had to see all these other tings open. I didn't know how to cut them out of the video cause it was the first time i used Camtasia to record. Normally i use Sony Vegas to edit my videos. I wanted to use it this time 2 (to add music, cut out the other stuff, add text to the vid,etc.) but when i wanted to save the vid there was a youtube function and i chose it so the vid was directly uploaded to youtube :/
sry guys if you want to i can still remove it...
(05-01-2011, 10:56 AM)mundvoll_ Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:woah, it took you 5.23 minutes of video (sped up) to draw only the head?

Tips:

okay i knew I'm not very fast in making sprites (origional time: 59 minutes), but i think it's because i'm still a beginner in sprite making and sometimes i don't really know instantly how to shade sth or how to make it look good/LF2 styled.
I think thats why i get distracted very fast and do other things between. I simply just can't concentrate myself an hour on just a thing.
I know this is crap, but it's me >_>

I'm sry that you had to see all these other tings open. I didn't know how to cut them out of the video cause it was the first time i used Camtasia to record. Normally i use Sony Vegas to edit my videos. I wanted to use it this time 2 (to add music, cut out the other stuff, add text to the vid,etc.) but when i wanted to save the vid there was a youtube function and i chose it so the vid was directly uploaded to youtube :/
sry guys if you want to i can still remove it...

Hey It doesn't matter!
it's still a great tut!
I have made a sprite with the help of your tut on my thread plz check it out and tell how is it!
I didn't understand anything in this tutorial.It looks more like a spriting race.Next time you may use an notepad to rite what will you do.
Here is the edited version:

Hope it's better to understand now.
Now that's better!
But, when you gonna post the tut for making the body?
as in your thread it is mentioned that how you make sprites with includes both head and body tut.
just asking.
okay thanx :)
ye all in all the principe is the same...
but if you want to i can make a tutorial for the body 2,but this time I'm going to do it more professional!! ;)