Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: The over Adobe photoshopped pokemon character FEEBAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=2300]
super slow and it sucks but occasional attack can do big damage
[Image: DR4jm.png]
[Image: 3ijC5.png]
[Image: Za3mM.png]
[Image: yQYs6.png]

i tried to photoshop and not draw but fail...
you can add to pokemon collection or change name to rotten fish anything...
DCing is extremely poor.This char don't have any special move.
Sprites are not good
I'm going to make a healthy suggestion here, based on what I know is the right course of action.
Instead of churning out loads of things that people won't download, based on the fact you're afraid of spending more than a half hour on any particular character, why don't you look at some tutorials?

Most people on this forum aspire to make or do something great. They all want to produce something that people will actually enjoy looking at and enjoy making use of. This is definately not one of those things and was probably a waste. No one wants to download something you ripped from somewhere, especially when it's pokemon and especially when there are no improvements and the graphics you used for the move look like some interstellar star warp than something out of LF2. Please tell me you gave credits, it got as far as me looking at the first picture not to download.

So, here is some good, healthy advice, capable of putting you on the right track if you use it wisely:
1) Stop complaining about being bad at drawing! Not everyone here was as good as they are now, everyone has made some sort of improvement, most of them major along the way.
2) Start looking at the tutorials in the sprite section, they are really helpful. I'm not providing you with links unfortunately, as that increases laziness. Go search for them. In particular, look at PF and Alectric tuts. PF's tuts on shading and clothes should be really helpful, especially if you use his character base making technique. That or use Alectric's 'super base' or whatever it is called. It has most of the positions and proportions necessary.
3) Draw lines and measurements around existing lf2 characters and compare them. By learning the proportions of the characters and then just drawing them off by heart is a great way to improve. The more time you spend learning the proportions, the easier it'll come to you in future.
4) Come up with an idea that NO ONE else has come up with. Yes it can be damned hard to even get close to an idea like this, but the more you strive towards it, the easier it'll become. Plus, no one wants a character that's exactly the same as everyone elses. Yes, everyone has similar characters, like frost, freeze and frozen. Or everyone makes a remake of firzen, firen and freeze, whichever the case. This is NOT what you are aiming for. If you aim only that far, you will only ever reach that far. Be an inspiration to you and everyone else, take a goal that is top of the board, that you can only reach doing YOUR BEST. If you put your best in it, no one will ever be disappointed.
5) Don't expect to finish anything quickly. If you can't work on something for long periods of time (not all in one go, as in like over months or years) then you won't ever achieve high quality work. People that churn out sprites quickly at the moment, and have made characters are able to do this because they've learned to sprite quickly. But still, it takes them ages to ever reach a product that they are happy with. Perservere and remain strong, keep the goal in sight and don't stray.
6) Read through all the DC tuts that you can get your hands on or think you might need. They are helpful as hell and can really do wonders, increasing your ability to manipulate the DC to perform new and fantastic tasks. Take for example Alblaka, Azriel and TheNave. Although any one of them is probably amazing at coding, hex or whatever else that's needed to put them at the title 'God-Like', they must have at some point read or wrote some of the DC tutorials. I mean especially Alblaka, he comes up with the most insane ways of doing anything, but damned to hell are they good.

Sorry that it's a fairly meaty read, but you'll get the jist of it all soon. Hope this has helped you at all, and I hope that you may be able to come to people with questions, rather than churning out early, non-useful characters.

Hope you have a good day,

Eddie
What the steroid pumped chap with a fancy hat said - onwards to victory and self-improvement! Or you, qwertz143, can always try your luck in abstract painting. If you're feeling trippy.