Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Monolith Face pic tutorial with Paint.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here my tutorial how make face pic in my style with Paint.net
[Image: MonolithFacepiccreatingwithPaintnet.png]
Not LF2 Style Face,but still it's a face.
Here lower i will put attachment
The picture is good, but the words next to the picture(or should I say Tutorial) is very small.
My question:

Why'd you draw it a huge original size, when there isnt even that much detail to end with?
Thats pretty inconvenient, surely.
Its definitely inconvenient as a tutorial example because its so big, when it doesnt need to be.
Quote: size doesnt matter

I beg to differ.

Also, i thought you were meant to teach people HOW to do these things each step of the way, showing how to use the tools as well.
This was just a vague summary of what you did.

Now, dont take this post as a shot at you. Im trying to give you constructive feedback so your tutorials in the future can be generally more helpful to the spriting community.
(06-08-2011, 12:21 PM)Alectric Wrote: [ -> ]My question:

Why'd you draw it a huge original size, when there isnt even that much detail to end with?
Thats pretty inconvenient, surely.
Its definitely inconvenient as a tutorial example because its so big, when it doesnt need to be.
Quote: size doesnt matter

I beg to differ.

Also, i thought you were meant to teach people HOW to do these things each step of the way, showing how to use the tools as well.

Now, dont take this post as a shot at you. Im trying to give you constructive feedback so your tutorials in the future can be generally more helpful to the spriting community.

well about the size,when i started to make my this avatar (woody face) i first drawed just big face template,then colored,made it smaller to use for my avatar(sorry for non-topic).
For this TUTORIAL i used my drawed woody templates,thats why i made it with big pics.AS I SAID,SIZE DON'T MATTER,YOU CAN SMALLER IF YOU WANT,I DIDN'T WRITED IN TUTORIAL"YOU MUST DRAW VERY BIG TEMPLATE".

Quote:Also, i thought you were meant to teach people HOW to do these things each step of the way, showing how to use the tools as well.
If some one know how to use Paint.net they can make it easely,but if they don't know how to use Paint.net,then it's their problem
If you Alectric didn't reconize that its "Monolith Face pic tutorial with Paint.net",not "Monolith tutorial how to use Paint.net tools"
good shading
the eyes be to close each other
(06-08-2011, 06:13 PM)Doj Wrote: [ -> ]good shading
the eyes be to close each other

well,i have to agree with you