Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Vince
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Vince - the invinsible

I thought it's time for me trying to make my own Character. I hope I can improve my spriting skills this way, also i want to find out if i'm able to make my sprites "alive"/moving.
In this thread i will show u te progress of Vince :)

Here's what I've done till now:

Facepic:
[Image: Facepic.png]

Breathing:
[Image: breathing.gif]

Walking:
[Image: th_walking.gif]

Running:
[Image: th_running.gif]
head not moving :/
I think the clothes don't fit.. I don't really like the shirt, it should be more fit and less plain. Hair is original, his face looks somewhat weird. It's very hard to see the shades and expression in his face.

I know it's a hoody.. but I don't think a hoody really fits a fighter. Doesn't it get way too hot in there after all? x]
However, this realistic thought should not be a reason to stop the progress. It's not a bad design.
has the head to move o_O

actually it isnt a shirt but a hoody and nomally they are very large so i think its done correctly,explain me ones again if I am wrong.

Thx both for the comments.

EDIT: my 100th post! :)
I like the style very much :) I wouldn't advice listening to anybody who doesn't like it.
Just develop it as you like - it's your first char after all, and the most necessary way to use your motivation is to finish it, rather than editing such small mistakes, which really slow down your process. That is my opinion after all, so do as you wish :p

This kind of style will let you finish it quickly, and it will look better than any recoloured character. Make a nice coding and ta-da! An awesome char!
Nice.
I'm interested as to what fighting style/moves he will have.
As for walking.. I do the same thing in my animations.. I generally use the head as the STATIC point in the animation.. but of course in game his head moves.
I've never been a fan of the arms going inwards and outwards during the breathing frames.
or it's just me being old fashioned and refusing to move on from the original LF2 style
The animations look very smooth!
Isn't his shirt too much straight when meeting the pants?
and his hood should move when walking.
BTW keep it up and complete this char!
Do you have any attacks for him?
Heyy !!!! I wanted you to do that for a long time now.

Your work seems good. Nothing to say...
(Ok ok, when you are walking, your body goes up and down, so the head has to move a little... you can move it 2px up in two frames for example... but actually that's not really important XD )

I wish you good luck, bravery and motivation to finish your project!!

Wait & see ;)
prince_freeza Wrote:No need to change anything in the design imo
Yeah, I agree with you. The character's design is something personal. Mundvoll can do it naked if he wants, that's not our problem.
I think, we are here in order to criticize the way he moves or if it fit to LF2, help him find solutions and ideas. But if he have to wear pants or underwears, only the autor's willing counts.

BUT, I have to say that for a man named : "VINCE the INVINCIBLE" .....
( .... okay, now I understand the wordplay, LoL, in - vince - ible o__O )

He doesn't look like someone invincible.
In my opinion, I look like a normal teenager.
Pages: 1 2 3 4