Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Creating similar tool like ntsdcodetool, help needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to make my own code tool which edits the data file like(ntsd codetool).
I alway find in the program a register which takes to (kernel 32).
what,s kernel32?
why is it used?
Okay, to clarify things and to check if I understood you correctly:
You want to make a tool similar to ntsd codetool (which I don't really know about)
So you checked it with some tool or rather hacked it and looked into it yes?
You found kernel32 being used many times and now you want to know what it is doing yes?

okay to kernel32 at first:
definiton Wrote:Kernel32.dll is the 32-bit dynamic link library found in the Windows operating system kernel. It handles memory management, input/output operations, and interrupts. When Windows boots up, kernel32.dll is loaded into a protected memory space so other applications do not take that space over.

secondly, you want to program something so you are in the wrong section. Hex editing is about using already existing tools and such to modify the game or check what the game is doing in certain situations, what you are facing there is writing a program which does already do what those tools do, just in a minor form.

you might as well specify what exactly ntsdcodetool can do and what your program should do.
I'll move this in a bit.
(07-19-2011, 03:53 PM)Phil Wrote: [ -> ]you might as well specify what exactly ntsdcodetool can do and what your program should do.
I'll move this in a bit.
NTSD coding tool edits the data file (Just as I said in he previous post).
I want a program that does the same thing.
And when is kernel32 need to be used?

okay to put it bluntly, i don't understand what this tool does when you just explain it like that.
You have to get into more detail please.

kernel32 is part of windows. You don't need to use it. It does his job automatically.
This tool inserts a line in the data.txt when you insert a password, it's used to unlock secret characters when the correct password is typed.Like when you write a password ,eg: speedy, the line
id: 0 type: 0 file: chars\speedy.dat
will be added at the end of the data file.Like this you unlock the character.
okay, so where are you having the problems? do you already have progress or are at the beginning?
which programming language do you use?
What does this have to do with kernel32? This is basic string/file manipulation and has nothing to do with registers or kernel32.

Also the kernel32 stuff is olly being clever. The program is storing references to functions and then calls them, instead of showing random gibberish olly figures out its an api function and shows you that instead. Or you are just talking sh*t.

Anyway for your problem, choose a programming language, type "[programming language] file manipulation" into google and you are done.
So you are telling me that it was done with using another programming language even though it can be opened by olly. Is it possible to do it with ASM?

Olly views a program's ASM code. Every Windows executable, after it has been coded and compiled, will eventually become ASM code. This is what Olly shows us.

Yes, it would be possible to do with ASM.
I searched google and I found two languages that are good for that, they are python and c++.Which one do U guys recommend.And does anybody know what program was used for the NTSD Coding Tool?
Pages: 1 2