Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: [Flash/AsctionScript]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.
I've been intrested in creating a game for a long time.
Haven't started anything yet, mainly because I have no large experience with any kind of language. I've made some CS 1.6 plugins in C#, so I actually know how does coding work. I just need a base to work on.

I made my mind to start with Action Script.
And here's my question:
Do you know any good site/tutorials which will tell me much about creating 2d flash platform games? I tried to search for some on youtube and google, but I'd be more happy, if somebody known reffers me more convincing source of knowledge.
So anybody know any basic tutorials for AS?
I'll be using ILLEGAL Flash CS4 (I know how to work with it on the animation side).
I think you mis-spelled legal ;). Honestly, I'd try googling "flash platformer 2d as3". I found this (http://www.flashgametuts.com/tutorials/a...s3-part-1/) Go all the way to the end, copy all the source code and start messing with the code. If you understand how code works then you just need to copy+ paste examples and modify them to make it work like you want. That's all programming ever is :p, you'll rarely ever write completely new code.
Oh, thx. That's actually pretty awesome stuff. :D

I'll still be waiting, if somebody has something interesting to say. All tips are welcome.