Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Frozen [feb.2015 update]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frozen - feb.2015 update by Pf
[Image: QXDWGNS.png] [Image: L47AS1b.png]

ABOUT:
during the past two-three weeks i had some free time on my hands and i decided to rework my old version of frozen, so here's whats new about this:

>new sprite sheets and added mirror sprites.
>>polished up data.
>>>changed D>A to normal flying forward ice balls.
>>>>removed D>J (beam) and D^J  (vortex).
>>>>>added AI (a simple one).

for the AI i copied siegvar&yinyin's frozen AI published here and edited few things with the help and explanation of mdsrv aka.

*SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:

[Image: 38sT1Yz.png]
are snowhill stage and frozen character for same purpose?
*drools*
*vomit rainbow*

waw

The third screenshot appears kinda vague. Explain please?
And it'd be kinda helpful if you had mirrored sprites.
(02-01-2015, 02:38 PM)Mono Wrote: [ -> ]are snowhill stage and frozen character for same purpose?

yes! mainly for playing, i play lf2 often and have my characters\BG's collection i like to play with.

(02-01-2015, 03:40 PM)Electric Shock Wrote: [ -> ]The third screenshot appears kinda vague. Explain please?

what so vague about it? davis was frozen, john was trying to brake him and i was just about to do the dva speed dash.

(02-01-2015, 03:40 PM)Electric Shock Wrote: [ -> ]And it'd be kinda helpful if you had mirrored sprites.

updated!
pf Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 03:40 PM)Electric Shock Wrote: [ -> ]The third screenshot appears kinda vague. Explain please?

what so vague about it? davis was frozen, john was trying to brake him and i was just about to do the dva speed dash.

i didn't know about the move so I had to ask. :D
Such works should not pass without a proper review.

So I downloaded Frozen and played him a bit. The sprites are amazing, and the animation is flawless, naturally XD. A trivial detail I did notice though is the position of the shadow under the ice energy balls.

Frozen's gameplay is very good, and the quality is worthy to be put on a par with LF2's original characters. I am no good at evaluating the injury/MP values/consumptions of the attacks, but I can say his dash attack felt overpowered. Dash attacks have always been the easy to do-difficult to master mechanic in LF2; a quick leap attack that is difficult to aim and hit your target with.., well at least for me, but with Frozen, I didn't really miss a single one during my whole playing period! Well, here is why I think I didn't:
-Its huge leap distance.
-A hitting itr is present pretty much throughout Frozen's time in the air after doing it.
-The small start up time.
[Image: yUSt9jn.png]

Frozen's attacks are good considering they all have different ways of attacking. I couldn't help but feel something is missing though; LF2 characters usually have this one combination which offers a special way to deliver an attack (like Deep's DvA leap, Davis's D^J..etc) , or sometimes a special unique ability (Rudolf's invisibility, John's energy shield, Freeze's ice sword..etc). This is what I thought was missing in Frozen. I do not have any ideas unfortunately, but I do hope you come up with one :P.

One minor issue I've faced with Frozen's DvA, while I am not sure whether that was done intentionally or not, is that the attack seems to not be keyed in the defending frames.
(02-02-2015, 07:05 PM)Doctor A Wrote: [ -> ]A trivial detail I did notice though is the position of the shadow under the ice energy balls.
fixed.

(02-02-2015, 07:05 PM)Doctor A Wrote: [ -> ]but I can say his dash attack felt overpowered. Dash attacks have always been the easy to do-difficult to master mechanic in LF2; a quick leap attack that is difficult to aim and hit your target with.., well at least for me, but with Frozen, I didn't really miss a single one during my whole playing period!
he is supposed to be on par with firzen (movement and speed wise) so heres whats up:
- firzen has a dash that consists of 3 frames, the 2nd and 3rd both have an itr with an injury of 90
- frozen has a dash that consists of 4 frames, the 2nd and 3rd both have an itr with an injury of 70,25

so what i am trying to say he has an identical dash to firzen feel free to try and compare.

(02-02-2015, 07:05 PM)Doctor A Wrote: [ -> ]-Its huge leap distance.
-A hitting itr is present pretty much throughout Frozen's time in the air after doing it.
-The small start up time.

-like i said, same speed as firzen, but i agree with you on the leap distance so i reduced from  22.000000 to  20.000000 also reduced jumping height and distance a bit to go with it.

-as for the present itr while frozen is in air this is likely because that frame has a wait: 9 (just like firzen)

-i adjusted the dash frames "wait" to speed up the start up time, now the dash start quicker.

(02-02-2015, 07:05 PM)Doctor A Wrote: [ -> ]Frozen's attacks are good considering they all have different ways of attacking. I couldn't help but feel something is missing though; LF2 characters usually have this one combination which offers a special way to deliver an attack (like Deep's DvA leap, Davis's D^J..etc) , or sometimes a special unique ability (Rudolf's invisibility, John's energy shield, Freeze's ice sword..etc). This is what I thought was missing in Frozen. I do not have any ideas unfortunately, but I do hope you come up with one :P.
the first version i started working on back in 2009 had an ability to freeze him self in a block of ice and block attacks, but i didnt feel like bringing that back so he doesn't turn out the same as siegvars frozen which i dont want.. but you're right it does feel like something is missing i felt that many times during game play, atm i don't have any idea what to add but i do know i want to add something simple and to be used for defense or escape tactics rather than attacking.

(02-02-2015, 07:05 PM)Doctor A Wrote: [ -> ]One minor issue I've faced with Frozen's DvA, while I am not sure whether that was done intentionally or not, is that the attack seems to not be keyed in the defending frames.

i did not notice that, but thanks for mentioning i fixed it.
anyway, i tried editing the dash based on what you pointed out, so give it a try and give more some more feedback if you wish.

thanks for the review ;)
Nice, nice. Had the chance to play with him a little bit today, and all the problems seems to be fixed.

Few suggestions:
-Connect D^A with the grab (could connect to DvA as well maybe).
-Considering he's supposed to be together with Firzen in tier, his special move could be an offensive one with a wide area of effect (since Firzen has something similar too). Perhaps Frozen can touch the ground with his hand and freeze the ground under himself freezing whoever is on a level near the ground.
Idea inspired by a similar move by an ice bender from One Piece:
[Image: Aokijii.gif]
(02-03-2015, 03:26 PM)Doctor A Wrote: [ -> ]-Connect D^A with the grab (could connect to DvA as well maybe).

done!
and i also fixed an error his dash and air kick had no wpoint so i added one.

(02-03-2015, 03:26 PM)Doctor A Wrote: [ -> ]-Considering he's supposed to be together with Firzen in tier, his special move could be an offensive one with a wide area of effect (since Firzen has something similar too). Perhaps Frozen can touch the ground with his hand and freeze the ground under himself freezing whoever is on a level near the ground.
Idea inspired by a similar move by an ice bender from One Piece:[Image: Aokijii.gif]

i remember planing such a move for him back in 2009 it was a move just like firzens D^J except that instead of a firen explosion a freeze whirlwind in the center.

~ updated.