Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Julian's Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ABOUT:
tbh i was not intending on turning this into a BG, at first i was messing around in ps i wanted to see how would a church mosaic glass look like in lf2 fashion but then one thing lead to another which resulted a semi finished BG (yes this is still not done, i feel like the BG is empty and i want to add more stuff in the future)

PREVIEW:
[Image: OHaigd7.png]

DOWNLOAD: Julian's Church

INSTALLATION:
> extract Julian's Church.rar and place the "jc folder" in \bg\sys.
>> paste this line in the data.txt file under <background>

id: 21    file: bg\sys\jc\bg.dat

this can be used as a stage instead of Forbidden Tower, in your data.txt file replace:
id: 7    file: bg\sys\ft\bg.dat
with:
id: 7    file: bg\sys\jc\bg.dat

CREDITS & THANKS
- mfc for taking the time to explain and help out with the data.
- ramond & someoneElse for feedback, sharing thoughts, ideas and suggestions.
I kinda like it but really? I don't think Julian is the person that we can expect to even visit a church. It doesn't suit him.

Will wait for the finished one though! :D
such holy           very religus

                   heal me jan

       much lighting      

 many mosaics                amaze

   o' lord julian
              
                 justin preecher

    so like            very edit

           wow
(02-04-2015, 05:06 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda like it but really? I don't think Julian is the person that we can expect to even visit a church. It doesn't suit him.

Will wait for the finished one though! :D

Quote:tbh i was not intending on turning this into a BG,

besides a church doesn't have to be a place for "good" best example that comes to my mind is resident evil 4 there is this evil parasite infected cult "los illuminados" and they had a church they gather at.. and their leader doesn't look like a "person that we can expect to even visit a church." :p

on a side note:

[Image: q4vBOKa.png]

also, i did some minor edits to the BG so the download link is updated!
O Yea. Its Great!!:) This background will be perfect for my Mode.:D
Good Carpets;)
[Image: iVCpwgq.jpg]

Looking much better than the last version I saw!

Personally, I feel like the carpet's texture is a little too strong. Toning down the contrast of it could help make it a neat detail instead of a eye-grabbing element.

Rest is good, though. Keep it up!
bp Wrote:Personally, I feel like the carpet's texture is a little too strong. Toning down the contrast of it could help make it a neat detail instead of a eye-grabbing element.

there we go:

[Image: OHaigd7.png]

~ updated
(02-04-2015, 05:06 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda like it but really? I don't think Julian is the person that we can expect to even visit a church. It doesn't suit him.

He is not visiting church. This is kind of church where other mortals worship Julian. He is God.
That's just the way i see it.

Absolutely great job on this bg, pf! :D

EDIT: ˇˇ agree with Tal, windows are at the height of the eyes.
I think you need to change the proportions, the windows and the columns are too small. Once a character reaches the upper line, it feels gigantic by comparison.
Other than that, the visuals and effects look amazing.
i think the other side of julian there should be a knight

it's only a suggestion