Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Ryce
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Remember Frena? Well here is her cold counterpart: Ryce.
Same status: fully planned out (I woke up with every detail this morning), but no intention to start and finish on my own any time soon :p torture!
Still took the day to frantically get everything down before I forget though. Enjoy.

[Image: y27KUst.png]
Ryce is, as you'd expect, the strict opposite to Frena. Not only when it comes to elemental powers, but also attitude. With her own exciting presence always around you'll never see her even close to looking bored.
[Image: AKsB344.jpg]

Again to get an idea of how she would play, imagine an amalgamation of these: Deep, Dennis, Woody, Freeze.
[Image: LmRa3Pj.png]
Her basic attacks are slow and powerful karate chops, much like Deeps or Dennis' they would inflict dance of pain with just two strikes.
Her aerial attacks are over stretching downwards kicks, the run and low mp super attack are a similar upwards kick.

One of her four special moves is integrated into her basic moves (like Louis' thunder punches):
Cold Touch
With enough mp her super attack will light up all of her 3 gems and freeze the opponent.
If she walks into someone in dance of pain the same will happen (while walking) and slide the frozen opponent a few steps away (can be aimed up/down, may knock out others), compared to the super punch this one will do much less damage - and while consuming some mp not really require any.
To actually grab someone she can simply attack a falling opponent right in front of her (ideally one just chopped out of ice).
She also auto freezes an opponent when throwing.
[Image: RCT5aS5.png]
D>A Ice Shredder
This is her ranged move and it works a bit like Woodys D>A, except it fires 4 weaker spinning projectiles. The first 3 will only deal slicing damage (the 3rd will knock out), but if one of these projectiles hits a falling opponent it will freeze (which will be the 4th under normal circumstances).
D>J Avalanche
This move could be perceived as something similar to the tiger dash (or better yet Tittos cannonball in hero fighter). It will however drop quite a lot of snow in its wake, which will slow down everyone but her (melts after a while, much like ground fire fades).
DJA White Noise (not sure about the name here)
This move will call a screen filling (state 9997 hit_j 999) snow storm, probably giving Ryce a buff while active (possibly fast, non flashing hp regeneration or something of the like).
I honestly don't like the colors in this one. What bothers me most is the skin color. She's ice-elemental, I get that, but her skin is whiter than Michael Jackson's was.. May I suggest changing this?
Everything looks awesome, but the character itself doesn't look like a female. at all.
(05-05-2015, 04:25 PM)Memento Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly don't like the colors in this one. What bothers me most is the skin color. She's ice-elemental, I get that, but her skin is whiter than Michael Jackson's was.. May I suggest changing this?
I can see it needing more contrast: [Image: oxpIPoQ.png]
Not actually darker though
(05-05-2015, 04:27 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote: [ -> ]Everything looks awesome, but the character itself doesn't look like a female. at all.
That was kind of intentional.
(05-05-2015, 04:38 PM)YinYin Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2015, 04:27 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote: [ -> ]Everything looks awesome, but the character itself doesn't look like a female. at all.
That was kind of intentional.

I assumed but why really? I mean, let her be a man or make her more feminine, its bothering me a little. :P
(05-05-2015, 04:48 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote: [ -> ]its bothering me a little. :P

I think that's a good reason.

edit: Although I can say more about it:
The character concept didn't initially pop up in my head with a gender.
Just the body build, hairdo, fighting style (no element yet).
I didn't want to change any about that when I realized this has to be Frenas counterpart
[Image: resized_professor-oak-meme-generator-are...490ede.jpg]

It looks like snow white the hedgehog.

How about growing up some ice from its gauntlets and slashing some peeps?

At first glance I thought it was a genie character.

Cheers on your new challenge, I am looking forward to seeing more ;)

edit: also how about making no saggy boobs? and maybe more contrast between colors, not shading.

btw, [Image: 8KyRfq0.png]
(05-05-2015, 07:53 PM)Sänger Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like snow white the hedgehog. At first glance I thought it was a genie character.
I didn't think of anything specific when I designed her - but afterwards I realized there were a thousand subconscious influences. I'm pretty happy with all the resemblances there are.
(your drawing is making another two evident)

(05-05-2015, 07:53 PM)Sänger Wrote: [ -> ]How about growing up some ice from its gauntlets and slashing some peeps?
The ice shredder is essentially that, except I don't think she needs a melee move. The avalanche may sport some of this instead (or I'll file more mp dependant basic attacks under cold touch - dash and run attack probably).

(05-05-2015, 07:53 PM)Sänger Wrote: [ -> ]edit: also how about making no saggy boobs? and maybe more contrast between colors, not shading.
They ain't saggy, my sketch just sucks. Half the size of the bust you drew there and you got what I intended.
Yellow/blue already is a good colour contrast, maybe I'll try shifting the yellow more towards orange.
i spelled rice when i first read the name of this thread:p

also she looks brighter than rice. it dosent look like a female at all. how bout making it a boy then (oh cmon have some respect fr yr own gender. getting all good guys as girls and making boys side weak :p)
You could read up a bit on being more open minded.

Pages: 1 2 3