Little Fighter Empire - Forums
[sprite contest thread v.2] - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Sprites (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: [sprite contest thread v.2] (/showthread.php?tid=4822)



RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - XLittlebob252 - 07-02-2010

its not really a robot i think its more like cyborg but not really a winner cause its not really hard work it actually 2 minuets work.


RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Alectric - 07-03-2010

[Image: robot.png]
betitngoan

[Image: godbot2.png]
Sirfrog

[Image: uploadp.png]
Reaper

[Image: Imagerobottransparent-2.gif]
Jed37

[Image: aidj.png]
Alectric

[Image: robot.png]
Whaat

[Image: roboknight.png]
Chishio

[Image: 69451754.png]
Blue Phoenix

[Image: terminatorlf2_copy.png]
Wiro

a better turn out that originally :P

If an admin could be so kind as to change the poll, i would be ever grateful.

Also, ill make a new theme.


RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - SirFrog - 07-03-2010

I'm voting on the following, for the following reasons:
Alectric: I liked that design, and it is actually POSSIBLE to make a char out of it, and not just a single sprite. (mine took ~8h from first sketch to final design, out of which ~3h was schooltime :D)
Whaat: A really nice sprite of Marvin the Paranoid Android (yea, he's called that). Easy as that.
Chishio: What can I say? That sprite is rather awesome, though somewhat messy, somehow. Whatever, I'm gonna vote for it anyway.
Blue Phoenix: Nice sprite. I intended to draw something like that at first, but... I got lazy. And I kinda liked yours. Just looking forward to seeing what kind of nasty weaponry that one has installed...


RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Wiro - 07-03-2010

It's not cyborg... it's like proof of that davis is a robot


RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Whaat - 07-03-2010

I thought that he is Martin but he was Marvin :p
Voted:
SirFrog, simple and cool, really looks like robot.
Jed37: Cool + from making vid.
Chishio: I don“t really know what it is but it is really well made.


RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - chase123 - 07-03-2010

voted for SirFrog,Reaper,Alectric,Chishio and Blue Phoenix!

but nice sprites everyone!


RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Alectric - 07-03-2010

Sirfrog gets the 'lectric Seal of approval
Gonna post up the new theme very shortly.
-
-
Sprite Theme #7

Requirements:
  • One entry per member.
  • Your sprite must be related to the theme.
  • Recoloured sprites wont be accepted. Also, you cant use an old sprite you already made.
  • Size: no bigger than 158x158.
Submit your entries before Tuesday July 13th!!

Your theme is A New Pwnsome Weapon

Ok, here is the deal. I want to see insane new weapons for LF2, and i dont want you to be bound by the constraints of DC/hex, go as crazy as you wish.

Extra requirements for it though:
-You must submit your entry with a char holding it (doesnt have to be animated if you dont want)
-Or, a char using it, which does have to be animated.


RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - betitngoan - 07-04-2010

this is my entry
[Image: standbyme_.gif]


RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Chishio - 07-04-2010

I need to do more late night spriting. I don't know what the heck I was even thinking here. But to say the least, I am extremely satisfied with the result.

To kind of give a background on the story, I was trying to figure out something different to do. I figured that other participants would be taking blade/pole based weaponry and perhaps there will be a few lasers or two. So I figure, why not mess around with what is defined as a weapon. So I came up with the idea of a puppet. A long range melee weapon that is breakable. The distance in which the fighter can fight with the puppet is adjustable. Anyways, here is puppet master davis and Mannequin. Also just a heads up, I will probably make a more... idealistic puppet master on my own, but since the contest is more centered on the weapon, I figured I needed to post up an actual LF2 character using the weapon.

[Image: puppetc.png][Image: puppeto.png]

I hope this was insane enough for you 'lectric. I tend to get a little tipsy when I don't sleep and honestly, I don't know what is creative while I am in this state, but meh. It can have some interesting results some times. If you do not find it insane enough, I will surely whip up another sprite.


RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Siegvar - 07-04-2010

(07-04-2010, 05:14 AM)Chishio Wrote:  [Image: puppetc.png][Image: puppeto.png]

DAMNIT. beat me to the punch. oh well. I'll think of somethingelse. Nice sprite btw.