![]() |
|
[sprite contest thread v.2] - Printable Version +- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum) +-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7) +--- Forum: Sprites (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15) +--- Thread: [sprite contest thread v.2] (/showthread.php?tid=4822) |
RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - XLittlebob252 - 07-09-2010 sorry i thought they forgot about this thread thank you for telling me RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Eddie - 07-09-2010 Just to let everyone know I started making progress this time... (And that the Hourglass idea went down the toilet) I eventually started making my pet/weapon thing. Here is just a random animated frame of the pet weapon: ![]() It's so real it blinks! RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - XLittlebob252 - 07-09-2010 its a bit weird in the second frame when he starts to close the eye cause it looks like the eye is getting smaller. but other than that nice but what does it do? RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Alectric - 07-09-2010 Why would you think i'd forgotten about it? The deadline is still in 3 days. RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Eddie - 07-10-2010 (07-09-2010, 09:35 PM)XLittlebob252 Wrote: its a bit weird in the second frame when he starts to close the eye cause it looks like the eye is getting smaller. Wait and find out my friend, wait and find out. Patience is the key to making wonderful bits of art.. and also the key to a whole new world of imagination and as Hell_Fighter would say... OSOM! I'll fix the eye some time. But just to give you a glimpse of what happens, it's gonna be a tiara or eyepatch styled thing that is worn by the user. The user (character) will then just blink/move a body part and bam.. out comes the awesome 1 eyed evil blob of doom (my secret weapon against Blue_Phoenix - will be a fight to end all fights!). What happens from there? I don't know.. wait and see. Eddie Well incase I don't get to finish my other stuff on the weapon, here is my entry: ![]() I went for the eye thing. Given the idea from the saying 'an eye for an eye and we'd all be blind', except I knew that the character wouldn't end up being blind. What happens is the weapon binds to your eye when you pick it up. The teeth clamp into the skin around the eye so that it is difficult to remove. The weapon would inevitably drop off when you have exhausted so many attacks. When worn, the weapon summons this eye blob monster of doom. The blob monster would have something like a beam come out from its eye to damage enemies within a straight line. Still working on the idea of other moves .Sorry about it being a little shakey, it's supposed to resemble floating.. but with a GIF i found breathing to be a pain in the arse. Hopefully you guys like it anyway. Eddie RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Alectric - 07-12-2010 Entries due tomorrow people! RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - LutiChris - 07-12-2010 Marcellus with his mighty sword... ![]() took me the whole day yesterday... the sword is simple so i couldn't help but remake a new sprite... (edit) thats why i separated the weapon...but it still looks good with the sprite i made ![]() you really want me to use a normal LF2 sprite? btw thanks betitngoan for the tut...first sprite that was re-sized RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - betitngoan - 07-12-2010 hey , everybody will voted for the char , not for the weapon plz use original char RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - Chishio - 07-12-2010 [extreme edit] I thought about this a bit more. If there is any true debate about it. I say let it stay. Who knows, perhaps when the lf2 character picks up the sword, maybe they transform in to that beast. :P (07-12-2010, 01:59 PM)LutiChris Wrote: thats why i separated the weapon...but it still looks good with the sprite i made A beautiful weapon and a beautiful character sprite Luti, you should be proud of it. I hate to say it, but I have to agree with Betit here. Most of the people here will tend to vote for the best sprite, regardless of the rules or the theme. I would honestly rather see the weapon paired with a variety of characters. The same goes for lil'bob and Sieg. Though I see the concept behind his 'weapon'. He's walking the line in my opinion as well, but suppose I can tolerate it. Once again, I do not want to discourage you, that sprite in my opinion is probably your best sprite to date. I will leave this for Alectric to decide. Had it been a different theme, it would definitely get my vote. But right now, the weapon is not... How to put this nicely... Um. Insane enough for me. :P It is a beautiful weapon sprite though, probably the cleanest weapon I have seen to date. I applaud you for it. RE: [sprite contest thread v.2] - LutiChris - 07-12-2010 Chishio Wrote:Who knows, perhaps when the lf2 character picks up the sword, maybe they transform in to that beast.damn then i'd hafta do a gif for it :P idk if i could finnish it in time for the deadline... would be an interesting concept though to work on, thanks ![]() (edit) alright, in case my sprite won't be accepted i made another use this for the entry If the one above is not accepted http://i.imagehost.org/0507/firenk.gif Firen has a new ego? is it ok now?
|