Little Fighter Empire - Forums
A-nimations - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Sprites (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A-nimations (/showthread.php?tid=10016)



A-nimations - A-Man - 07-20-2015

A goal I've set myself for this year was to learn the craft of animation. Finally, I've gotten to it:

Critiques are welcome, no, appreciated.


RE: A-nimations - johnr8 - 07-20-2015

Did you make those?They ar easewome! :D the most that I like was the: Jet Pistol Stick


RE: A-nimations - Bupkis - 07-21-2015

Yeah its like luffy from one piece i'm caught up in one piece


RE: A-nimations - A-Man - 07-21-2015

Another walking cycle for practice:
[Image: cbq2zfbeyrzjtve2llct0sfbvjkn_by_awsanthe...9281jp.gif]

Ball bouncing forwards:
[Image: cbq2zfbeyrzjtvlsf3ct1bi5vjkn_by_awsanthe...9281jj.gif]

Tried to have isshi sonson show more impact (will probably just redo)
[Image: cbq2zfbeyrzjtvbntv5t1kwpvjkn_by_awsanthe...9281k1.gif]

Hints/tips would be great.

Edit:
Another attempt on walking:
[Image: stupid_walk_by_awsantheawesome-d92bvco.gif]
Did this after reading the whole walking section in "The animator's surviving kit".
It's not as stiff as the previous ones, but it ended up being a little too bouncy.

@johnr8: Yes. Glad you liked them!
@sk4te: Yes, most are XD.


RE: A-nimations - A-Man - 11-07-2015

A run attack:
[Image: PFYt7W5.gif]

One less frame here, but I felt removing it made the punch look stronger.
[Image: P2Llqp9.gif]

Breathing:
[Image: I58DC9m.gif]

Attempted a run cycle (looks sloppy still):
[Image: WbvluaU.gif]


RE: A-nimations - Monolanier - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 08:09 AM)Doctor A Wrote:  One less frame here, but I felt removing it made the punch look stronger.
[Image: P2Llqp9.gif]
Good choice of removing some frames.
While looking at some sprites/movements of many fighting games I spoted that you only need "Ready sprite", "Go sprite" and "End sprite". No need for a "Process sprite"
Ready, process, go, end.



//Terms ready, process, go, end are made up by me, no actual name calling those steps/frames.


RE: A-nimations: An Attempt at Davis (sprite WIP) - A-Man - 05-01-2016

Not an animation, but a sprite:
[Image: ObtkCys.png][Image: Me8WqxE.png]
Inspired by Davis's original portrait artwork.

Edit:
So I decided not to shade this. Instead, I'll make a normal map for it.

Progress with the normal map:
[Image: kZ5vqbO.png]


Davis - A-Man - 05-07-2016

Finally, done! I'm quite proud of this one actually. Diffuse sprite is left, and normal map is right:
[Image: rTLF9LR.png][Image: 0HEUcQe.png]

A few snapshots of the sprite with the normal map applies and different light properties:
[Image: aU51IoN.png][Image: jWbnVWP.png][Image: UUnC6oX.png]

Feedback would be appreciated!


RE: A-nimations - Monolanier - 05-07-2016

Note to self "Try this with a sprite"


RE: A-nimations - A-Man - 05-07-2016

Yes, you really should! Have your eyes caught anything wrong with the shading produced or the sprite itself?

So I've set the example of the normal map viewer to the above Davis sprite, however, you can still use it to view any sprite-normal map combination from your PC (not from URL though due to the annoying cross origin policy thing).