Little Fighter Empire - Forums
yusei's sprites - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Sprites (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: yusei's sprites (/showthread.php?tid=10517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

yusei's sprites - the mad maskman - 09-08-2016

well i'm still a beginner, so i thought about sharing those so i could improve. critics are apreciated(even if you say they suck)
[attachment=3485][attachment=3486]

RE: yusei's sprites - STM1993 - 09-08-2016

The main issue is the inconsistent shading; I can't tell apart certain features of the body and the direction of the light source is inconsistent.

[Image: 6edXMVR.png]
Here's a quick edit with MS paint. I also tweaked the face a bit.

The second guy's proportions are simply way off.

RE: yusei's sprites - the mad maskman - 09-11-2016

is this one better with shading?[attachment=3488]

RE: yusei's sprites - STM1993 - 09-11-2016

A lot better yes, but your light source is still confused with regards to the body - based on the legs and hair, the light is coming from the right, yet the coat is brighter on the left compared to the right. Ditto for the hands.

The mask looks as though its unaffected by the light source.

(09-11-2016, 02:10 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  A lot better yes, but your light source is still confused with regards to the body - based on the legs and hair, the light is coming from the right, yet the coat is brighter on the left compared to the right. Ditto for the hands.

The mask looks as though its unaffected by the light source.
and now?

[attachment=3489]

RE: yusei's sprites - STM1993 - 09-11-2016

You're on the right track, although I think the previous one looked better because of the details(I like the shoulder patches & the button on the coat) & the legs were fine. The lighting is also too rounded on the coat. Compare to the default LF2 characters.

(09-11-2016, 02:44 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  You're on the right track, although I think the previous one looked better because of the details(I like the shoulder patches & the button on the coat) & the legs were fine. The lighting is also too rounded on the coat. Compare to the default LF2 characters.
I guess this one's coat is properly shaded and i gave him those details back.
[attachment=3490]

RE: yusei's sprites - Jahvansi - 09-11-2016

ur improving, last one seems good! :)

just edited the first one after stm's advices:[attachment=3491]

Your edit is great! but i find he's a bit fat, and what i wanted to do is something quick, so what I actually think fits him better:[attachment=3492] (i just made your version of him slimmer ;) )

new one:[attachment=3493]