Little Fighter Empire - Forums
opoint at different z position - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Data Changing (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: opoint at different z position (/showthread.php?tid=6417)



opoint at different z position - vonfrank - 05-12-2011

How do I make an object (a ball) appear at a different z position from my character who is shooting it?

I am trying to make a character fire 2 projectiles in front of him horizontally, but have one travel slightly in front of him (on the z axis) and the other travel slightly behind him (on the z axis).

If this isn't clear let me know and I'll try to elaborate.

Any help at all would be appreciated.


RE: opoint at different z position - YinYin - 05-12-2011

use hit_j: 49/51 (or lower/higher numbers) inside the objects frame where you want it to move up/down


RE: opoint at different z position - vonfrank - 05-12-2011

but I don't want it to move up and down. I want it to appear up or down and then make it move horizontally.


RE: opoint at different z position - TheNave - 05-12-2011

then you have to make 1 frame with an invisble pic, make the ball move upwards, and in the next frame fly forward and do whatever your object does with normal pics


RE: opoint at different z position - Silverthorn - 05-12-2011

Well, you basically need to opoint either:
- one object that will then create two copies of itself that will (while being invisible) move on the z-axis for a bit and then become visible
- all three at once. Same concept as aforementioned. Spawn them as invisible objects, let them move, and then let them become visible. As those things can change their z-coord with up to ~50 units per TU, it won't really be too obvious on full speed ;)


SCREW YOU NAVE


RE: opoint at different z position - vonfrank - 05-12-2011

Hmmm, OK
Thanks.
If I need more help Ill let you know.