Poll: Round 3: PICK YO FAV(S)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
[Image: 7RrQzGK.jpg]
22.22%
4 22.22%
[Image: o9cLWZh.png]
22.22%
4 22.22%
[Image: ticktricktrack_by_janisarcane-db5kcuc.png]
55.56%
10 55.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #24: Spriting Tournament
I really like that the results are hidden! I guess we can't really talk about who and why we voted for though? Nevermind, it's all good, may the best chaps win yo
Thanks given by:
I don't like that the results are hidden.

Anon 1 is Mono.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Anon 3 is bp

Anon 2 is luti??
Thanks given by:
why so long for voting? it's not like votes has to be collected and counted ..

And i like hidden results. It makes your decision for whom to vote completely unbiased, rather than just bandwagoning the one with the most votes. It's all about you and your opinion, the most fair way.

@Gad, it's statistical probabiblity, i reckon that majority of members (regular members) will visit forum within 4 days depends on how busy they are, while there is no pattern when those "irregular" memebers will visit forum so likelihood of irregular member visiting forum on 5th, 6th and 7th day is equal to likelihood of irregular member visiting forum on 15th, 16th and 17th day. The point is that yes, there will be more votes if deadline is longer, but imo insignificant amount of votes. Winner was probably clear after 3rd day of voting.
Thanks given by: Silverthorn
So Anon 2 is Marko.

Anon 3 is most likely BP, since that creature look like the creatures in the Ramafia final, drawn by none other than BP.

Thanks given by:
Have in mind that some ppl visit the forum not that often, Marko. Let's give them some time, and maybe there will be some more votes.
Thanks given by: Silverthorn , AmadisLFE
With the poll closing tomorrow, I'd just like to evaluate whether I should keep the hidden vote system for the next rounds. As of now, it seems slightly ambiguous:
(02-21-2017, 12:00 AM)Simoneon Wrote:  I really like that the results are hidden!
(02-21-2017, 08:05 PM)A-Man Wrote:  I don't like that the results are hidden.

I personally agree with @Marko's view on that matter, just for the record:
(02-21-2017, 10:32 PM)Marko Wrote:  And i like hidden results. It makes your decision for whom to vote completely unbiased, rather than just bandwagoning the one with the most votes. It's all about you and your opinion, the most fair way.

(02-21-2017, 10:32 PM)Marko Wrote:  @Gad, it's statistical probabiblity, i reckon that majority of members (regular members) will visit forum within 4 days depends on how busy they are, while there is no pattern when those "irregular" memebers will visit forum so likelihood of irregular member visiting forum on 5th, 6th and 7th day is equal to likelihood of irregular member visiting forum on 15th, 16th and 17th day. The point is that yes, there will be more votes if deadline is longer, but imo insignificant amount of votes. Winner was probably clear after 3rd day of voting.

The reason why I like to keep polls open for a week is because you can't simply argue via simple statistics when the majority of the votes will come in. You'll have to keep in mind that weekends usually entail a larger pool of potential voters.
Something like this (Click to View)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Marko , AmadisLFE
That's true, i haven't thought of weekend thing, but i still stick to my point that majority of votes comes within first few days from regular members, everything after that has low probability happening and it's down to chance/luck,.. but hey you have data, you probably know better. actually i would be very interested to see it, i might pm you
Thanks given by:
I'd say keep the hidden polls, imo gives a sort of "Thrill" of not knowing who is winning. :D
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by: Gespenst
Welp =(

Thanks given by: