Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mod: LF2 Timelapse (open source)
LF2 Timelapse

1st post (START HERE)

Decision making group

Pointers for content selection

What is planned to add to the next version?

(Strongly) suggested mod content

PS moderators/admins: feel free to update the lists in this post :)
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

I'd love to help after im done with my astro project called Project Gibor (w/ MangaD)

In case for whatever reason like i mysteriously disappear this is my old website i no longer update but there's plenty of old sprite animations that can be used (the original large files got erased from a bad usb drive)

https://www.deviantart.com/bizarrehare/gallery

There was a Mario Mod I was thinking about doing awhile back (2011)

[Image: NP11txR.png] [Image: nv8j9wZ.gif] [Image: 0xK496a.gif] [Image: huoNyN0.gif] [Image: WlMuWjL.gif] [Image: xuzBUvH.gif] [Image: Scubo3I.gif] [Image: 4AaFP9l.png]

[Image: sVeA1ou.gif] [Image: T8r6qBS.png] [Image: Oe5wXzr.png] [Image: CmHbpRS.png] [Image: gql4wl3.gif] [Image: YzEQ8Ae.png] [Image: GIAP5Og.gif] [Image: V3IuqZB.gif] [Image: b2bEqDT.png] [Image: 2Nj9OHp.png] [Image: n7I9Kgf.png]

[Image: id6qGTK.gif] [Image: AcgvnbL.gif] [Image: v9OBHjY.gif] [Image: gBbxI3I.gif] [Image: cjnYHyM.gif] [Image: sEjiMn1.gif] [Image: 6sXioTk.gif] [Image: oyczpB7.gif] [Image: iP21cQZ.png] [Image: ig55tGh.gif] [Image: eJnWrpB.gif]

Miki (these unfortunately also got erased off my thumbdrive)

[Image: g57ZBhU.png] [Image: SR4YeaI.gif] [Image: bj2HYIt.gif] [Image: yWTzs8b.gif] [Image: J1zEztH.gif] [Image: J2j3lx7.gif] [Image: FDMsjbf.gif] [Image: Qv7EjsE.gif] [Image: rOUvlEA.gif]

LARGE FILES of Miki (trello compromised the quality so theyre blurry -.-)

Legend of Korra

[Image: SFpVuC9.png] [Image: naaCIR0.gif] [Image: NuPvcE6.png] [Image: 4b6U0aU.png] [Image: 7AU7pPF.png] [Image: xDkYiQu.png] [Image: rQI5mXm.png] [Image: THB2gSJ.png] [Image: dfsuwVT.png]

other old concepts

[Image: 9FDdPWn.png] [Image: 52C00bR.png] [Image: WrzAGAn.png] [Image: deypZuZ.png] [Image: 13Opdsm.gif] [Image: EAffyFb.gif] [Image: HbEispI.png]
[Image: HMEMWfP.gif] [Image: VEnKVW2.gif] [Image: hwSnpcc.gif] [Image: 0Spd9hJ.gif] [Image: gHMNrwi.png]

Hero Fighters

[Image: KwdtkEY.png] [Image: oXYBnO8.png] [Image: WWTIGak.png]

Hall of Fame
[Image: 1-3-Sprite.gif] [Image: Ho0CKhl.png] [Image: lTHLHFT.gif]
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: Jahvansi , JCostal , Memento , Dinothundah , rewlf2 , STM1993 , A-Man
Excelent idea.
Finally! LF2 really deserves an update with all the rich contribution from members.
But the biggest obstacle with big scale fan-projects is time.

First of all, I need to point out that: although I am still a recent member on the forum, I have been following LF2 Empire for 5 years and LF2 as a whole since version v1.9.

An open debate about improvements to the game by itself already pleases me so much.
Because I am currently producing a "DOTA" version of LF2 (1 year ago). The most difficult part was not understanding AngelScript or Hex, but decide what exactly to implement so the game ends up refined, competitive, fun and still in LF2 style. Trying to think everything myself gives me a headache. Its not that easy as we imagine...

My sugestion:
Currently, all games (even the simplest ones) implement some type of system with gradual gameplay evolution in order to avoid a linear experience for players. LF2 would offer a much better gameplay satisfaction and challenge with a level system.
Thanks given by: Memento
If you need any Data changer and test,find me.
Or maybe I can add my AIs and characters in there.
Sauce,No.1 player in China.
I don't need any fame,because I know who I am.
Thanks given by: Memento
(07-24-2020, 11:53 AM)酱油君~ Wrote:  If you need any Data changer and test,find me.

If you would be interested in analyzing the original LF2 data and AI + make good changes to them, that would be amazing. In the end, it's still all about the original game in this mod ^_^ The AI especially needs a rework.

For the AIs that could go in the mod however, you can't think of the avarage player as being able to beat your training AI :p So unfortunately, it would have to be a little bit less strong. There's hardly no escaping some of these AIs at all ^^
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(07-24-2020, 02:48 PM)Memento Wrote:  
(07-24-2020, 11:53 AM)酱油君~ Wrote:  If you need any Data changer and test,find me.

If you would be interested in analyzing the original LF2 data and AI + make good changes to them, that would be amazing. In the end, it's still all about the original game in this mod ^_^ The AI especially needs a rework.

For the AIs that could go in the mod however, you can't think of the avarage player as being able to beat your training AI :p So unfortunately, it would have to be a little bit less strong. There's hardly no escaping some of these AIs at all ^^

ehh I'don't know how to weaken these AIs,whether it's mine or theirs.So it can't put in the mod :s and I can't make sprites(but I can use PhotoShop),just data.
I think we can change a little original characters and add extra characters with copyed AI.
btw I want some recording with lf2-AIStrengthen,do you have them?It's okay with any mode.
Thanks given by:
Weakening them can probably be done by setting some values a little less tight, if you know what I mean.. I.e.: Dennis will keep using run+dash attack faster than any human could, but he will keep using it forever if the player would be an indestructable object. This is probably due to values in the AI somewhere that states that the character should position themselves and when in a certain position, to use run+dash.

(07-24-2020, 03:17 PM)酱油君~ Wrote:  

ehh I'don't know how to weaken these AIs,whether it's mine or theirs.So it can't put in the mod :s and I can't make sprites(but I can use PhotoShop),just data.
I think we can change a little original characters and add extra characters with copyed AI.
btw I want some recording with lf2-AIStrengthen,do you have them?It's okay with any mode.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(07-24-2020, 03:32 PM)Memento Wrote:  Weakening them can probably be done by setting some values a little less tight, if you know what I mean.. I.e.: Dennis will keep using run+dash attack faster than any human could, but he will keep using it forever if the player would be an indestructable object. This is probably due to values in the AI somewhere that states that the character should position themselves and when in a certain position, to use run+dash.

(07-24-2020, 03:17 PM)酱油君~ Wrote:  

I guess just use run+dash,and rest still original AI could be easier.
Thanks given by:
Highlighted character: Woody

Woody has always been one of the stronger original LF2 characters, which is mostly due to his quick close combat skills.

In the past 2 days I've been working on an update for Woody. I'd like some opinions: is it good enough to add to LF2 Timelapse (imagine this would be a release by Marti&Starsky)

(download in post #1 in the thread, but please use the woody.dat from post #3)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: JCostal
In terms of whole mod idea I'd say go for editing only original characters. I think all of the "quality" characters are already balanced and don't need changes for sake of change. Anyone can download whichever chars they like and put into mod of their choice.
With all of the great spriters around here, you can really come up with interesting, not seen before moves for Davis and co. There wasn't really any mod made on lfe in years, while chinese side of community made quite a few. Not to mention less work means it has way better chance to be finished.
And if people still will be interested, you can always redone basic moves, come up with stage edits, or modify minion characters
Thanks given by: JCostal