Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catching probs
Eagle 0600
i am trying to make a ghost that will "haunt" you by grabbing you. you can still move around, but it can do thinks to you, good or bad, as it chooses. is it possible? How?, each time I grab them they appear behind me and un-haunted. is it something to do with cpoint:? ( i don't know much about cpoint: )
Code:
<frame> 60 punch
   pic: 10  state: 3  wait: 2  next: 61  dvx: 1  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   itr:
      kind: 3  x: 21  y: 34  w: 40  h: 28  vrest: 7
      catchingact: 236 236 caughtact: 130 130
   itr_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 30  y: 18  w: 28  h: 60
   bdy_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 23  y: 35  w: 37  h: 24
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>
Code:
<frame> 236 haunt-standing
   pic: 0  state: 0  wait: 0  next: 236  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   bpoint:
      x: 43  y: 38
   bpoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 23  y: 46  weaponact: 35  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 21  y: 18  w: 43  h: 62
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

Sinow
Well, the simple answer is, there isn't really a way that you can move around while you are caught. Whenever you're caught, you have to have state: 10 along with a cpoint/kind: 2 and you can't really move around unless the person holding you moves.

It might be possible to dc want you want in another way though, what exactly do you have in mind?

Eagle0600
well, haunter can basically haunt people and do stuff, like heal them, possess them, kill them, make them shoot fireballs etc. Or he can just spectate. And he can't leave his host until it's dead, and then haunter will get hurt.

EDIT:
I think that changing their sprite to a move sprite will move them, yes?

Sinow
Well, there are ways for the ghost to move around and he can certainly affect the player. But the player would not be able to move while being caught.

Healing them would be possible, just create a heal ball thing to hit them. You could also do a lot of damage to kill them. To make them shoot fireballs, you'd probably have to make new caught frames for every character and that would only work in a mod. The ghost could opoint stuff though.

And what exactly do you mean by possess? Like what would he do specifically?

Eagle0600
well, when I said possess, i meant make him do stuff, like move around and attack. I guess the problem could be solved by making them caught, then puting them into the poses i want. But it would be severely limited...

EDIT:
As far as i know, i could make the haunted one fly, walk, basic attack, and jump. and run and block. but no special moves. smilie
tho they could be done by haunter...

any ways other than catching i could do this?

Sinow
Well, maybe picking other characters up as a weapon, but you would have to modify all the characters and they would switch teams whenever someone hit them, so that wouldn't really be good...

How can you make him move around while he's caught? It doesn't seem like just having the character go to the standing frames should allow him/her to move around....

Eagle0600
what if i turn MYSELF into an object and summon a ball that makes them pick me up. Then I catch them if I want to posess them? or i summon an object that they pick up and I force them to pick it up. I just follow them and force them to pick it up again if they try to stop it. it has a body bellow ground and I itr it to make it do stuff to the player holding it? would that work?

Sinow
hmm... You can't really force people to pick items up... And no matter what you do, your probably going to have to edit all the data files for all the other characters as well to make this work...

Marshall
By haunting do you mean sth like one of the moves of Dao? Shooting fireballs and healing is quite easy while following u around is quite easy, or did I not get the picture at all?

Marshall~

Sinow
yeah, those bits are easy, but he was also wants to be able to control the characters movements and stuff. I'm sure you could probably come up with a system for moving around while catching someone, though it probably wouldn't be too smooth, but making people do moves would require you to edit the data of all the other characters.

Eagle0600
hmm, maybe ill stick to not making them do moves. also, can i have a cpoint in my walking frames? or would that stuff it up?

Marshall
I see... yes... controlling ur opponents moves includes many cpoint frames... I had that in CE LF2's sorcerer smilie

Marshall~

Fv.Cyc
my suggestion:

use the ghost(maybe a chasing ball?)to make itr-kind-8 ball to hit the enemy and the ball dvx to a frame that shoots fireballs,do a lot damage,heal,etc...

Eagle0600
would it target the nearest person? i need to be able to target someone without fail

actualy, if i wanted to make a beserk battlefield spell, i could make a ratio attack that catches them, then targets nearby people and makes the people walk when it flys, and attack when it hits.

Firzen
remember that Dao
's ghost attack had something similar
when you release the ghost it moves around,and when you press A it shoots balls

you can edit your ghost sprite like dao's,and if its too small draw a little energy like wave(PSYCHIC)wave,that makes it look like you've held him,and put the guys state as he's in the dance of pain.
that might look real.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
Hey...
is it possible to catch one of my team mates (itr: kind: 3) without using "state: 18"?
Thanks given by:
erm, well if you dont wanna show the burning smoke, there's a way to hide this:

http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=19

Hope this helps you...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
I think state: 19 would be better cause you might catch yourself with 18 ^^
[Image: Link.jpg]
| Arcanis | Dome | Kai [-finished-] | Drawings |

active again.
Thanks given by:
<edit> for the actual question
if you are able to prepare the teammate you want to catch, ie send him to a special frame, you can instead make sure that hes in a frame with either state 10 or 13 - then any teammate will be able to attack/catch him, even without state 18
<edit_end>
~Dome~ Wrote:I think state: 19 would be better cause you might catch yourself with 18 ^^
not really making sense
state 18 is the only state allowing you to affect yourself or teammates with any itr - if you dont need either of that you could use any state you want (and since fire/smoke is the problem here why chose 19 instead ... thats eliminating the the needed property and keeping the problem ...)
Thanks given by:
oh I thougt state: 19 is like 18 with the function that you can´t hit youself oo"
[Image: Link.jpg]
| Arcanis | Dome | Kai [-finished-] | Drawings |

active again.
Thanks given by:
well ... thx for your help! im planning two characters, that have some combination moves.. i grab my team mate and it goes to a special frame (dont look like grabbing.. just standing next to my char) ... now i press a combination (maybey D + V + A) ---> my mate'll use an attacke frame and my char, too. there'll be some other moves.. many punch combos..running next to my friend.. throw him into enemies...and so on... a few frames need c-points... =)
playing online with this 2 chars is really fun... but im just working... 2 - 3 weeks and u'll be able to download them (im german)^^ i'm sorry for my english
Thanks given by:
well, don't have problems with your english, maybe cause I'm german, too

For the move you plan: You can also study LF2 Advanced (make sure you checked out the TagTeam Moves in the SPecial Readme) and Ufo v3.0
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: