Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Char] Azazel V2

See previous post here: (Click to View)

* AZAZEL V2 *
First Release date: 12/30/10
(my most original character so far, but still edited)
- started since 2008 and stopped working on it.
- copy Firen's AI using Silva's AI copy method.
(AI will be added as soon as I added him to my mod, LF2-RoD v1.0)
- fully animated with burning sprites.

[Image: azchaos.png]

[Image: azhammer.png]

[Image: azother.png]

What's updated: 1/31/11
- Chaos Serpent ends with a large flame...
- Added "demonic hands" when caught in Other Dimension...
- Hammer of Hell bounces back only twice (from thrice)...
and slightly edited sprites...
- other slight polishings I did with data and sprites...
- Compressed data files...

DESCRIPTION:
Azazel is originally a goat demon from Hebrew Mythology. The name 'Azazel' may be derived from 'azaz' and 'el' meaning 'strong one of God.' It is thought that Azazel may have been derived from the Canaanite god, 'Asiz, who caused the sun to burn strongly.

INSTALL:
1. Sprites - LF2 Folder > sprite/doom
2. Sounds & Data - LF2 Folder > data/
3. Add in data.txt under <object>:

Code:
id: 24  type: 0  file: data\azazel.dat

id: 525  type: 3  file: data\azazel_souls.dat
id: 526  type: 3  file: data\azazel_hammer.dat
id: 529  type: 3  file: data\azazel_other.dat

4. Make sure that there are no other id's in use...

* SPECIAL MOVE LIST *

1. Hammer of Hell (20 mp): D + > + A
- ball that bounces back...

2. Soul Absorber (40 mp): D + v + J
- elongated hands for catching enemies...

3. Chaos Serpent (50 mp): D + ^ + J
- temporarily transforms to "Chaos Serpent"...

4. Other Dimension (60 mp): D + > + J
- temporarily transfers nearby opponents to a different dimension...

5. Minor Moves:
- Guarding Souls: D
- Fast teleport: RUN + D

* CREDITS *
- LF2
- Hexen
- Felix (Sykeval) for blood effects
- Silva for his help on Hex editing
- Rajaaboy for Chaos Serpent's flame (www.justnopoint.com/RajaaBoy/)
- Zato's Guilty Gear Sprites for demonic hands when caught in Other Dimension...
- MH-Razen, Blue Phoenix, YinYin, Simoneon and the rest of LF2-Empire Forum...

THANKS A LOT!!!

And thanks to all those who have downloaded this!!! ;)

EDIT:
Updated the whole post...

Attached Files
.zip   azazel.zip (Size: 668.56 KB / Downloads: 476)
.zip   azazel_v2.zip (Size: 979.69 KB / Downloads: 980)
[Image: azazel.gif]
Thanks given by: Simoneon , Bamboori , snorsorbet , lf2saga , klodasmone
The sprites look awesome you gotta teach me to sprite like that but it looks very tempting to download
thumbs up
Random word of the day (Click to View)
What the hell is yahoo doing (Click to View)
News of the day: I have joined the eggpire, look out ducks I am gonna roast you with my fearsome fire-egg sword!
Thanks given by:
(12-29-2010, 07:13 PM)fire power Wrote:  The sprites look awesome you gotta teach me to sprite like that but it looks very tempting to download
thumbs up

Spriting like that shouldn't be hard..

You can see he used an LF2 character as base. Colorize all the sprites red. Use brushes and the wind effect (I think). But the sprites are original :)
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
Ok I'll be honest here - I've been a fan of your works and wanted you to finish them as fast as possible (because it reminds me about doom2 so much!). And now you came :)

omg omg omg, I'm excited. I'll post a review now :p

Azazel
Review

Idea: 10/10
Sprites: 10/10
Data: 8/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Overall: 9.25/10
- very neat character, with some great new ideas for moves.

Idea: 10/10
This is an awesome idea. Some time ago I was thinking about something similar, although I didn't have the right motivation do finish it... Awesome!

Sprites: 10/10
Somebody may say 'oh man nothing advanced you sux' but I think that this is unique; and everything which is unique is godlike. And actually, making these blur'd flames appear nice in the game is a very good job, imo.

Data: 8/10
Yes, the ideas were awesome (see gameplay for more). But I noticed some centnerx/y mistakes & stuff like that... Well you know, certainly nothing too important, but somehow I always have an eye for these kind of mistakes :p

Gameplay: 9/10
You rock. I enjoyed every move of Azazel. It seems like you spent very much time thinking about those, which is awesome.
D>A - Somewhat awesome! It's a simple ball, although it has a purpose, not like these cheap balls I see very often...
DvJ - Great, and in my opinion it is quite balanced (because it might look like it is not). It's quite hard to catch your enemy, only works for one potential enemy (and by that I mean that I haven't tested if it hits more than one enemy when it is doing these hitting frames) and takes some mana, too.
D^J - WHOA, great move to just kick-a** your enemies. But, why is that random missile? Were you bored? :D
D>J - Awesome move to hurt good amount of enemies... but this one is not so amazing. Not saying that it sucks, though ;D
D - Yeah you can always spawn a 'shield' to help you, but this new following (or rather just moving) soul which can take one hit is amazing! Although I'd make it fully 'follow-able' (?) because now it doesn't follow you on z-axis or x-axis.
Run + D - Good way to change rowing. Really, stunning enemies is a great idea!

I'm amazed. You certainly needed a lot of time, but you have done a very brilliant job :)
Thanks given by: RUDOLF27
Somebody could possibly shun me for this, but: how can you be sure that those effects will look good in LF2? As I remember, if it gets too messy between shades of black, the sprite looks crappy in-game (I'm not saying they're not cool, I'm just asking if they'll work 100%).
Thanks given by:
(12-29-2010, 07:48 PM)Evil Sonidow Wrote:  Somebody could possibly shun me for this, but: how can you be sure that those effects will look good in LF2? As I remember, if it gets too messy between shades of black, the sprite looks crappy in-game (I'm not saying they're not cool, I'm just asking if they'll work 100%).

Don't worry, they do look okay, I tested in game ;)
Thanks given by:
fire power Wrote:The sprites look awesome you gotta teach me to sprite like that...
I'm not a good spriter myself but it is still hard work making all the frames have the burning effect. It has more frames than usual LF2 chars out there even if it only has 4 special moves...

I just maximized the use of Photoshop esp. wind effect and liquefy... ;)

Simoneon Wrote:D^J - WHOA, great move to just kick-a** your enemies. But, why is that random missile? Were you bored? :D
rolleyesI just based it from his fire ball... I might change it to something bigger? Or just removed it? :s

Simoneon Wrote:D - Although I'd make it fully 'follow-able' (?) because now it doesn't follow you on z-axis or x-axis.
Well, it appears only in a very short time. And making it longer would make him unbalanced... And I'm lazy to do it anyways... XD

Simoneon Wrote:Run + D - Good way to change rowing. Really, stunning enemies is a great idea!
And it can destroy some energy balls when running away from them... :D

Simoneon Wrote:D>J - Awesome move to hurt good amount of enemies... but this one is not so amazing. Not saying that it sucks, though ;D
I really have a lot of ideas for this one but I'm not an expert Dcer myself...

Simoneon Wrote:DvJ - ...(and by that I mean that I haven't tested if it hits more than one enemy when it is doing these hitting frames) and takes some mana, too.
It can hit more than one enemy, btw... ;)

(12-29-2010, 07:51 PM)Simoneon Wrote:  
(12-29-2010, 07:48 PM)Evil Sonidow Wrote:  Somebody could possibly shun me for this, but: how can you be sure that those effects will look good in LF2? As I remember, if it gets too messy between shades of black, the sprite looks crappy in-game (I'm not saying they're not cool, I'm just asking if they'll work 100%).

Don't worry, they do look okay, I tested in game ;)
I made it with detailed cleaning of black pixels but that's really hard work... XD
(I updated the gif, btw...)

Thanks Simoneon for the detailed feedback. I really appreciate it. Although this is almost the full version already, I might consider a few things to be improved... ;)

Thanks for downloading, people! ;)

Thanks given by: Simoneon
much better than the last version
really like that you animated the flames in every action he has - and good job on the outlines
his moves could be polished up a bit tho
like make the transformation more controllable (and a fitting ball object - that little one is a joke)
or edit the graphics of the hammer to better suit the rest of the sprites (make it consist of energy/black metal - is that hammer from hammerfight?)

edit: also why so many data objects?
:thumbs up: 
Great images!
i have not played with him yet but i saw a very good work.
These was really new sprites,and i think that you have work a lot.
So how did you do them? which program did you use?
Thanks for the new feedbacks! It's really hard work to make him fully animated with flames... Every movement really needs to have a lot of frames... Xd

empirefantasy Wrote:Great images!
So how did you do them? which program did you use?
Well, edits from LF2 and Hexen, and effects made from photoshop... :D

YinYin Wrote:like make the transformation more controllable
I'm not sure... It might make him overpowered? And it might need longer time for an invulnerable attack... I'll think of it, though... :s

YinYin Wrote:(and a fitting ball object - that little one is a joke)
Yeah, I'm planning to make a bigger one that fits... ;)

YinYin Wrote:or edit the graphics of the hammer to better suit the rest of the sprites (make it consist of energy/black metal)
I'm not sure but I'll try... ;)

YinYin Wrote:is that hammer from hammerfight?
It's from Hexen... Wow, hammerfight looks like a nice game... :O

YinYin Wrote:edit: also why so many data objects?
Ah..., because of the hammer move... I'll try to compress it... ;)

Wow, after these feedbacks, I should stop from being contented with it and work on the new version already... Hmph

EDIT:
What's updated: 1/31/11
- Chaos Serpent ends with a large flame...
- Added "demonic hands" when caught in Other Dimension...
- Hammer of Hell bounces back only twice (from thrice)...
and slightly edited sprites...
- other slight polishings I did with data and sprites...
- Compressed data files...

SEE FIRST POST!!! ;)
Thanks given by: Bamboori