Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
F.LF v0.9 (open source LF2)
(09-25-2012, 01:03 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  But i 've never thought you'd be able to mimic all the lf2 using it! its really awesome! But sadly, Java script can't be compiled.
not all of the LF2, yet...
doesnt matter to compile or not, because on chrome/ firefox/ safari, javscript runs fast enough for gaming. but probably does not allow many live objects on the scene
[off topic] you signature makes me think of http://artgrammer.blogspot.hk/2011/07/po...phics.html which I made some time ago.
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2012, 01:03 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  But sadly, Java script can't be compiled.
Actually to some degree it does. It is compiled by the browser into bytecode and interpreted Just-In-Time.
There also exist javascript compilers that compile it into more efficient javascript.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2012, 04:15 PM)Someone else Wrote:  
(09-25-2012, 01:03 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  But sadly, Java script can't be compiled.
Actually to some degree it does. It is compiled by the browser into bytecode and interpreted Just-In-Time.
There also exist javascript compilers that compile it into more efficient javascript.
Yeah, I heard about that kind of compiler. It cleans ur code and stuff, but what i meant is Java script code being able to get compiled to an exe. That would be really cool. And your theory proves that it obviously can happen. But since i haven't got enough skills, i can't do it.

Quote:[off topic] you signature makes me think of http://artgrammer.blogspot.hk/2011/07/po...phics.html which I made some time ago.

I am not really that good with it but:
    DC-Code:
. _____________    __       __           _          ____    ____    ___    ____    ____________    __      __      __
 (             )  [   |   |   ]         / \        [_   \  [_   |  [   ]  [   _]  [            |  |  |    [__]    [  \
 (____     ____)  [_  |   |  _]        /   \         | | \   | |    | |   /  /     \    _______|  |  |             \  \
      |   |         | |___| |         / / \ \        | |\ \  | |    | |__/  /       \       \     |  |              \  \
      |   |         |  ___  |        / /___\ \       | | \ \ | |    |  ___ \         \___    \    |  |               )  )
      |   |        _| |   | |_      / _______ \      | |  \ \| |    | |   \ \       ____/     \   [__]              /  /
      |   |       /   |   |   \    / /       \ \    /  |   \   |   /  |    \ \_    /          |    __      __      /  /
      |___|      /____|   |____\ [___/       \___] [____]  [____] /___|    [____\ [___________|   [__]    [__]    [__/
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Quote: Java script code being able to get compiled to an exe...
I dont think you get the goodness of a web application. We do not need an exe! I dont want to download, install,,, just type in a link and I can play anywhere. casual gamers play Angry bird in the browser just because it is convenient, not that it is satisfying.
Thanks given by:
hey i wanna ask a question

if some one else came on this site then can he play with me
haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha..........

Need more ppl who can sprite backgrounds and weapons
Our TLOK Mod Site: http://legendofkorralf2.shivtr.com/
Thanks given by:
i cannot manage to jump right or left
and then dash without holding a direction as i land

i always need to hold a direction to dash - this makes performing an instant back dash impossible (without being in the forward dash frame first)
Thanks given by:
Hey, it really cheers me up that there are more people working on some projects connected with Lf2. I can't help you however becouse I fear I won't have enough time to work on 2 projects and honestly I don't feel like learning another language atm ;p. I barely find time to work on my own project and I have already spent 2 years on it so just don't want to leave it unfinished. I've set myself a goal to release the game in next year but I wish you best in your own project ^^.

I have found 1 bug in your demo. When you constantly move right and push once the key to move left the character changes direction but still moves right ^^ Though it actually is quite nice :D
Thanks given by:
and the bandits cant grapple

please ans my previous question
haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha..........

Need more ppl who can sprite backgrounds and weapons
Our TLOK Mod Site: http://legendofkorralf2.shivtr.com/
Thanks given by:
I am sorry I left this thread for some time (the email subscribe not always works)
but I have to say this project is not dead, and I am making slow but good progress.
please checkout the latest demo at http://f-lf2.blogspot.hk/search/label/latest-demo.
bugs have been fixed since and I have expanded the implementation to cover character grab and throw, and weapon (currently stick only).
(09-26-2012, 05:17 PM)savail Wrote:  I have found 1 bug in your demo. When you constantly move right and push once the key to move left the character changes direction but still moves right
this is key collision. now when you press left right at the same time, it will stay.

Quote:the bandits cant grapple
it is now supported, and with throw lying man!

Quote:i always need to hold a direction to dash - this makes performing an instant back dash impossible
it is a common misunderstanding. in LF2 you always have to hold a direction (at the moment touching the ground after a jump) to dash. I have tested this many times. though I am not sure about `instant back dash`. maybe it is a kind of `special move`.
Quote:if some one else came on this site then can he play with me
very unfortunately this is game networking requires very much extra work. but the problem is largely technical, where the network (through a browser) may not be fast enough to support real time gaming.
Thanks given by: Marko pro , Bamboori , LutiChris
(01-05-2013, 05:53 PM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  
Quote:i always need to hold a direction to dash - this makes performing an instant back dash impossible
it is a common misunderstanding. in LF2 you always have to hold a direction (at the moment touching the ground after a jump) to dash. I have tested this many times. though I am not sure about `instant back dash`. maybe it is a kind of `special move`.
It doesn't work if you jump straight up. Try jumping forwards.
Thanks given by: