Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LAst two days downtime
... was caused by another stupid bot who crawled to much on LFE. Those stupid bots really get on nerves, so I blocked all of them except Google, problem might be some ignore all the blocking-stuff. We will see...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
Why exactly does the host allow these kind of requests from bots? Couldn't they just ignore them (selectively) instead of blocking everyone?

I mean this is not really a good solution on their part - and surely it could happen to any account they have.

edit: Also I don't think problems this frequent and devastating could possibly be normal crawlers.
They are more likely fake:
http://stopmalvertising.com/security/fak...-bots.html
If you've only set the robots.txt to disallow them then the fake ones (probably causing the trouble) will surely ignore that.
Thanks given by:
(04-24-2013, 07:02 PM)MH-Razen Wrote:  ... was caused by another stupid bot who crawled to much on LFE. Those stupid bots really get on nerves, so I blocked all of them except Google, problem might be some ignore all the blocking-stuff. We will see...
Was the bots responsible for the downtime of the Hero Fighters Empire Forum as well? D:
The truth... is inescapable. The truth will always come out eventually, no matter what. And once the chains that bind the truth are severed... nothing can stop the truth from coming to light.
Thanks given by:
Of course - it's on the same hosting account.
Thanks given by: