Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Originals - new moves
Why not combine those 2?
Make a strong punch to the ground that make an energy wave out from the hit point
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2015, 11:40 PM)Ariel Wrote:  Why not combine those 2?
Make a strong punch to the ground that make an energy wave out from the hit point

That'd be nice too, but the shape form of the wave must be changed so it looks 'cool'.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Quote:1) Shockwave (air)
2) Ground punch

(04-28-2015, 11:40 PM)Ariel Wrote:  Why not combine those 2?

(04-29-2015, 04:47 AM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  That'd be nice too, but the shape form of the wave must be changed so it looks 'cool'.

Something like this?
1) ground punch
2) from the fist, sparks appear that travel overground in all directions around Louis
3) where the sparks are, the air shockwave will show (starting like a small col, growing larger until it fades).

I think it would be wise to do only 3 more days of brainstorming on a Louis move, and then we have to decide. Agree? Else we won't get anywhere.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
I was brainstorming a bit and i came with few ideas so far..

For Dennis, i was thikning about adding "Dragon Kick"- similar to Davis's Dragon punch, but he would obviously kick opponent and he would do it in motion of backflip. (He jumps and kicks opponents, and in the air he does backflip then lands to the ground)

Then for Louis to make him stronger i have pretty simple idea.
Don't you hate when you run out of MP and you tries to do "jump attc" or "run attc"(green things) but you can't so he does nothing, wherefore you would get hit.. i hate it too. Well my solution is too make "normal", mp free, attacks and place it after frames with green energy attcs.. i think that should solve problem.

Davis: we should add spin attack like Dennis's, but he would punch people (not kick) while spinning. I think that would be useful attack to make him stronger.
Also to delete his current balls, to replace it with brand new one because current one are absolutely useless. He does them too slowly and they are too easy to defend and you rarely do any damage at all.
But in exchange we should add ball similar to Jack's, but little bit bigger (and blue) and maybe in shape of Dragon or something like that. he would be able to shoot them twice in row.
Thanks given by:
(06-29-2015, 04:11 PM)Marko Wrote:  I was brainstorming a bit and i came with few ideas so far..

For Dennis, i was thikning about adding "Dragon Kick"- similar to Davis's Dragon punch, but he would obviously kick opponent and he would do it in motion of backflip. (He jumps and kicks opponents, and in the air he does backflip then lands to the ground)

Then for Louis to make him stronger i have pretty simple idea.
Don't you hate when you run out of MP and you tries to do "jump attc" or "run attc"(green things) but you can't so he does nothing, wherefore you would get hit.. i hate it too. Well my solution is too make "normal", mp free, attacks and place it after frames with green energy attcs.. i think that should solve problem.

Davis: we should add spin attack like Dennis's, but he would punch people (not kick) while spinning. I think that would be useful attack to make him stronger.
Also to delete his current balls, to replace it with brand new one because current one are absolutely useless. He does them too slowly and they are too easy to defend and you rarely do any damage at all.
But in exchange we should add ball similar to Jack's, but little bit bigger (and blue) and maybe in shape of Dragon or something like that. he would be able to shoot them twice in row.

I do think every character needs his own strenghts and weaknesses, whereas speed is Louis's weak point and no decent projectile attack is Dennis'

That said, I think we should leave some weaknesses in the characters, and only make character's weak moves a little bit better only in case they are indeed useless (Dennis D>A, totally useless indeed) or annoying (Louis MP in run attack and dash attack, I completely agree with this also).

More specifically, about your ideas:

- Dennis dragon kick: I think we should think of something else, considering Nino will also have a flip kick in his moveset. Luckily, there's plenty of cool kicks that we can use for Dennis :)
- Louis MP issue: I'll try a diffirent approach, one that should work smoother. I'll post it asap.

edit: I now know how to make an alternative move for when he has no MP for his regular run attack / dash attack. We just need some sprites for them.

- Davis spin attack (like Dennis'): I don't like this one honestly
- Dennis, new ball move: I agree as long as the new ball move really suits his style
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
I was talking about Davis balls..
too bad you don't like that attack for Davis.. i will do it no matter what.. (for my own editions) maybe you change you mind after you see my idea how should look.
Thanks given by: Memento
Davis can shoot balls faster than Dennis can, and he can do it immediately from running. Besides, Davis is the best overall main character, I don't think we should give him a stronger ball move

Dennis' D>A is actually too slow to really catch an opponent off guard, thus I'd say Dennis' D>A is the worst D>A move in LF2 with a small fall value, small bdefend (can't break defence so well), no special features such as ice/fire/chasing, and its slow and predictable.

PS I might change my mind about the Davis spinning move once I see it. The idea might work well with his uppercuts and DvA, giving some extra combo potential. We'll see :)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
how about this for louis,
MP blast: Louis charge his MP as long as he charge more MP the blast will get stronger (using the exact amount of MP he charged)
but louis can stop the charging without doing the blast so this way he could just charge his MP up

davis could have a cool catch attack, something special to do after he grab the enemy
Thanks given by:
We already have an idea for Louis, why should we change it? Or do you mean a charged shockwave move?
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(06-30-2015, 04:27 PM)Memento Wrote:  charged shockwave move

indeed, as you said louis have a problem with his MP so i thought if we add this MP charge it could fix that
Thanks given by: