Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess
(07-30-2013, 04:49 PM)YinYin Wrote:  I understand where you are coming from, but that compensation however doesn't work when you consider the gameplay. First of all you only listed 3 "standard" moves - for a normal hero you still got the 4th. Second, such a character is only plain if the moves he has aren't connectable (that includes basic attacks).
4 moves can be a lot more than their sum if you can combine them creatively. 7 moves that don't connect with anything the character can do will always remain just 7 moves.

Maybe you could show me how your 7 moves work together?
You definitely got a point there. My problem is, I was never great at using nor designing combo's. Maybe I should put that in the focus of a future character, I've yet to design.

In Sile's case, the best combo I can think of is probaly D>JJ DvA AAA at melee range. Alternatively something like AAA D^AAA can deal some fun damage, too. But whenever you land a full AAA, you're usually better off using the chance to go for the grapple to regain health.
Oh, or you just posess a char like Davis and use his combos :P

(07-30-2013, 04:49 PM)YinYin Wrote:  If you are just detecting type 0 you don't need state 3000 (think kind 9).
1. It's supposed NOT to trigger on allied T0's
2. It's supposed to trigger and destroy incoming projectiles (f.e. John Disc)
I could maybe decide to drop 2 if I find a shadowless way for 1, but afaik there isn't one that does contain IFF.
(07-30-2013, 04:49 PM)YinYin Wrote:  For the graphical side I suggest to make it thinner (closer to the shadow height) and use a fitting centery (not actually spawning the object below ground).
centery 0, spawned at ground level with a x px backset on z axis could work. Would cause a misposition if cast next to upper border, but nothing too serious.

(07-30-2013, 04:49 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Yes it would be. Maybe a short chase or some z control would loosen this up a bit.
How would adding chase/zcontrol (aka making it easier to hit) make the move less powerful? I think I missunderstood you there.

(07-30-2013, 04:49 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Impossible I say. And you say there is no ueber-complex DCing involved ... where exactly do you draw the line for that stuff?
It's just a transformation+an T3 catching a character. If AdvancedDC is a 2, that move would be a 1.6ish to me. Uebercomplex is at least 4. F.e. Eta's weapon-interaction could be something towards 2-3 and the Ninja Tales combo system is probably around 3.
Uebercomplex DC is something I need more then 2 hours for (and I barely needed 2 hours per move), I think.

(07-30-2013, 04:49 PM)YinYin Wrote:  It happened on a human controlled (idle) Henry.
I'm clueless then. If you find any further indicator towards the circumstances the bug is related to, note me.

(07-30-2013, 04:49 PM)YinYin Wrote:  That's why it's called collaboration. Both can design the character, inspire each other, discuss the pros and cons of every detail to find the perfect extreme.
Which again collides with my mentioned tendancy to plan everything entirely in advance with little space for someone else to add his design ^^'
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
[CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by Alblaka - 07-30-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by Alblaka - 07-30-2013, 05:49 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by 8obis - 07-30-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by Ariel - 07-30-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by Ariel - 07-30-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by 8obis - 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by 8obis - 09-18-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by 8obis - 09-19-2013, 10:04 AM