Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robyn
Robyn is on again!

The first thing i can say after testing is he's now look better than ever xD (dat eye patch :P)

But i found something that need to be fix

His jump attack without arrow is now totally harmless. It has no hitbox at all, cause no damage. Beside, i think you should remake that attack also. Cuz swinging his leg like that in mid air is very hard to use in combat.

The 2nd thing is my idea for the Raining Arrow skill. It shouldn't be separated in 3 different waves. It should be in one-big-wave instead. And the arrows should fall diagonally instead of vertically :P
If you prefer the arrows falling vertically, i suggest making small portals will appear for each arrow and then they fall down. Must be cooler :D
I can see the pink energy disappear from the arrows when they start falling down. Keeping them sparkling is better.

Btw i tried out picking the fallen arrows, thanks to the counter skill still working properly. It's awesome xD
When an arrow hit, it bounced out of the target. Are you planning to make them pick-able again?

Thanks given by: The Hari
U could place Download link in first post. ;d
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 11:15 PM)The Hari Wrote:  First small problem is his jump weapon attack, when he shooting arrow. Because after shot, weapon goes to frame 40, I gave it a itr: kind: 8 to change frame and set it propely in air. But then arrow is spawning in weird place and I have no idea how to correct it. Changing coordinates doesn't help.
Well using itr kind 8 sets its coordinates to the character. You would have to quickly correct it with a large dvx value, stop with 550, and then reset the actual dvx value it's supposed to use. This might however delay the whole thing too much (not to mention z movement still acting during this procedure). If you are holding weapons at an unique angle in the jump frame you could transform the arrow into a second jump version there (and back to normal in all other frames). Everything else I can think of would kill z motion due to creating a new object so that's not a good solution either.

(08-03-2013, 11:15 PM)The Hari Wrote:  Second is probably unfixeable, but hopefully I'm wrong:
Arrows right after hitting the ground goes to frame from 0 to 15, so in old version I gave all those frames state: 3005 and pic: 999, but now when arrows are pickable, I can't do that, since some of frames 0-15 are used to holding weapon. So for a while (wait: 0, but it still looks awful) after it hit the ground, arrow shows in strange position. Any solution?
I only see weird frames when an arrow hits a ground arrow ...
Also I don't really like how the arrows bounce off things. Do you really need frames 0-15 for this? I'd rather make them disappear instantly in those frames.
(you've got 3 objects at hand - this certainly should be fixable - if you still don't know I'll have a look at it)

(08-03-2013, 11:15 PM)The Hari Wrote:  And the last one: How to make arrow being pickable only for Robyn?
Give a copy of the itrs in frame 60 and 65 the same y offset as the bdy of the pickable arrow. (AI should already ignore it due to the new object id)

(08-03-2013, 11:15 PM)The Hari Wrote:  I've completely redone his arrow rain, now it's follow opponent and falls more random.
I like it. I think it could fly higher and respawn higher (just more speed so the whole move still takes the same amount of time).

(08-03-2013, 11:15 PM)The Hari Wrote:  Oh, also will be grateful for info about any free recording program, working properly on windows 8.
Camstudio works for me.

One more thing: the back dash attack is too slow. You have to either give him more air time or decrease the wait before the opoint.

Also I love the bomb arrow. Especially how it slides over the ground if you miss.
Could you add an aerial input for it (like the arrow dash attack)?
Would be awesome to do this in jump or dash frames to give it more reach.

(08-04-2013, 05:58 AM)Jester Wrote:  His jump attack without arrow is now totally harmless. It has no hitbox at all, cause no damage. Beside, i think you should remake that attack also. Cuz swinging his leg like that in mid air is very hard to use in combat.

Totally agree. I think you either have to use one of his other kicks or make him spin further like this:
[Image: 7n4HoPE.gif]

edit: as cool as the sky roll >>J+D is he should not miss the normal jump roll J+D
Thanks given by: The Hari
(08-04-2013, 05:58 AM)Jester Wrote:  The first thing i can say after testing is he's now look better than ever xD (dat eye patch :P)
Yah, credit for idea goes to you.

(08-04-2013, 05:58 AM)Jester Wrote:  His jump attack without arrow is now totally harmless. It has no hitbox at all, cause no damage. Beside, i think you should remake that attack also. Cuz swinging his leg like that in mid air is very hard to use in combat.
It doesn't look bad imo, but you're right, it's pretty useless. Will fix that.

(08-04-2013, 05:58 AM)Jester Wrote:  The 2nd thing is my idea for the Raining Arrow skill. It shouldn't be separated in 3 different waves. It should be in one-big-wave instead. And the arrows should fall diagonally instead of vertically :P
If you prefer the arrows falling vertically, i suggest making small portals will appear for each arrow and then they fall down. Must be cooler :D
I can see the pink energy disappear from the arrows when they start falling down. Keeping them sparkling is better.
1 wave? It separeated to give it chasing effect (or rather teleportaion ;p), I prefer it in that way.
Diagonally? I can try it.
Portals? No way, there is already effect of summoning arrows in air. And Robyn =/= John, he is simple archer with some tricks.

(08-04-2013, 05:58 AM)Jester Wrote:  Btw i tried out picking the fallen arrows, thanks to the counter skill still working properly. It's awesome xD
When an arrow hit, it bounced out of the target. Are you planning to make them pick-able again?
Nope.
Wait.
Maybe...
I just realized bouncing after hit someone has no sense, will think about it yet. But I like this effect >: D

(08-04-2013, 08:40 AM)Gad Wrote:  U could place Download link in first post. ;d
Voila!

(08-04-2013, 09:48 AM)YinYin Wrote:  Well using itr kind 8 sets its coordinates to the character. You would have to quickly correct it with a large dvx value, stop with 550, and then reset the actual dvx value it's supposed to use. This might however delay the whole thing too much (not to mention z movement still acting during this procedure). If you are holding weapons at an unique angle in the jump frame you could transform the arrow into a second jump version there (and back to normal in all other frames). Everything else I can think of would kill z motion due to creating a new object so that's not a good solution either.
Gonna try that, thanks.

(08-04-2013, 09:48 AM)YinYin Wrote:  I only see weird frames when an arrow hits a ground arrow ...
Also I don't really like how the arrows bounce off things. Do you really need frames 0-15 for this? I'd rather make them disappear instantly in those frames.
(you've got 3 objects at hand - this certainly should be fixable - if you still don't know I'll have a look at it)
As I said eariler, I can delete those bounces, but it looks really bad when arrow hit someone/something, then set in weird position and disappear like nothing ever happened : p
I need them
Quote:since some of frames 0-15 are used to holding weapon.

(08-04-2013, 09:48 AM)YinYin Wrote:  Give a copy of the itrs in frame 60 and 65 the same y offset as the bdy of the pickable arrow. (AI should already ignore it due to the new object id)
Erm, that's what I did, but game ignore second itr. Even when I've split a frame into two with different itrs, it's still not working.

Will fix all the things you mentioned. Aerial bomb arrow sounds especailly interesting.

Thanks given by:
(08-04-2013, 12:15 PM)The Hari Wrote:  I just realized bouncing after hit someone has no sense, will think about it yet. But I like this effect >: D
That's right. It has no sense at all. I asked you if you gonna make the arrow pick-able again cuz i think you should remove the bouncing effect :(
I think you should increase the falling speed of Raining Arrow too.
And the >>DA is damn unbalanced. Cost no mp but very high dmg. That move is quite... random xD so i think you should remake it.

Thanks given by:
(08-04-2013, 12:15 PM)The Hari Wrote:  I need them
You don't. You can very easily transfer 0-15 to 300-315.

(08-04-2013, 12:15 PM)The Hari Wrote:  
(08-04-2013, 09:48 AM)YinYin Wrote:  Give a copy of the itrs in frame 60 and 65 the same y offset as the bdy of the pickable arrow. (AI should already ignore it due to the new object id)
Erm, that's what I did, but game ignore second itr. Even when I've split a frame into two with different itrs, it's still not working.
I tried it and it definitely works:
    DC-Code:
<frame> 65 punch
pic: 19  state: 3  wait: 2  next: 66  dvx: 1  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 35  centery: 79
itr:
kind: 2  x: 16  y: 99959  w: 35  h: 21  vrest: 1  
itr_end:
itr:
kind: 2  x: 16  y: 59  w: 35  h: 21  vrest: 1  
itr_end:
<frame> 64 on_ground
pic: 39  state: 1004  wait: 0  next: 0  dvx: 550  dvy: 0  centerx: 24  centery: 29
bdy:
kind: 0  x: 1  y: 99919  w: 46  h: 15
bdy_end:
Thanks given by:
This new Robyn version is awesome, keep going man ;d
[Image: VY7fNzA.png?1]

Characters used in the signature: (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2013, 05:58 AM)Jester Wrote:  If you prefer the arrows falling vertically, i suggest making small portals will appear for each arrow and then they fall down. Must be cooler :D
Portals? No way, there is already effect of summoning arrows in air. And Robyn =/= John, he is simple archer with some tricks.
Nah, added some effects as you wanted.
[Image: 2u8atle.png]
Looks pretty cool.

(08-04-2013, 09:48 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
Totally agree. I think you either have to use one of his other kicks or make him spin further like this:
[Image: 7n4HoPE.gif]
Done.
Looks pretty retarded. Whatever ;p

(08-04-2013, 02:37 PM)Jester Wrote:  And the >>DA is damn unbalanced. Cost no mp but very high dmg. That move is quite... random xD so i think you should remake it.
Oh c'mon. I have already wrote that not all coordinates are set properly yet.

(08-04-2013, 03:13 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
I tried it and it definitely works:
Oops, silly me. It wasn't my first fail with "write to exe" function. Yeah, I didn't notice it was turned off : P

Also added aerial bomb arrow (however only during dash attack), J+D roll, fixed back dash and jump weapon attack (first method works pretty neat for me.)

Erm, guess I can't figure out how to do it, could you explain a little?

(08-08-2013, 01:51 PM)Sakujo Wrote:  This new Robyn version is awesome, keep going man ;d
Thanks. Oh boy you've putted Robyn onto your signature together with SUCH a characters. I'm honored ^^

Thanks given by: Sakujo
(08-11-2013, 12:25 AM)The Hari Wrote:  
Erm, guess I can't figure out how to do it, could you explain a little?
No, you should've explained why you need them to be 0-15.
If you are just using them when holding that object somewhere you can just use other frames for that.

Alright I had a look at it to understand. And now I see Robyn himself is holding objects within that frame range.
Some more thinking and I think I got why you are doing it that way: to not have bat/scythe/etc sticking out of the quiver with their handle cut-off sprites.
Right?
Well I can only suggest the +140 picture shift to make those frames invisible (or showing something different) when not required graphically.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2013, 12:25 AM)The Hari Wrote:  Nah, added some effects as you wanted.
[Image: 2u8atle.png]
Looks pretty cool.
Cool! Can't wait to try it in game :D:D

(08-11-2013, 12:25 AM)The Hari Wrote:  Oh c'mon. I have already wrote that not all coordinates are set properly yet.
Oops... Sorry. It's just my first thought about it xD

Thanks given by: