Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art surface problem (Again)
Hello, a few weeks ago I had the problem in my mod Could Not create art surface (some users with weaker pc had this problem) Anyway, after using the tool of genius, A-man, diminishes the tables and the problem solved .. however, with the launch new versions of the problem returned and I realized that if you change the color system to 16-bit, these people can play quietly. Unfortunately some sprites along strange bugs completely changes its color. Is there any way to fix this? I tried to save bmp in 16 bit and still did not work out :/
Thanks given by:
(07-21-2014, 06:19 PM)TheRoot Wrote:  the tool of genius, A-man,

(07-21-2014, 06:19 PM)TheRoot Wrote:  I realized that if you change the color system to 16-bit, these people can play quietly. Unfortunately some sprites along strange bugs completely changes its color. Is there any way to fix this? I tried to save bmp in 16 bit and still did not work out :/
Changing the bitmaps to 16-bits is barely effective, if at all; I am saying that because I've tried. Not to forget to mention how that destroys the quality of some sprites and can furthermore add 0x000000 blacks to your sprites (which are then color keyed). Have you tried using the Clipper on the new characters and stuff you've added? If yes, then unfortunately, there is not other "official" solution. One thing you can do is resort to some heavily modified exes which has this great feature that loads assets right before every battle. One I've explored by myself was "Alkarter's starter kit" or something like that. It's very buggy, but I've seen some people getting along with it in few mods without problems.

Good luck.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
For some people switch to 16-bit really worked! And only a few sprites have the color problems.

Can you tell me more about these exes? Send links?
Thanks given by:
I don't know any links on my own; I've been told about these by a friend on this thread:
http://onepiecea-edition.yoo7.com/t311-p...nt-kit-pdk

They're all documented in foreign languages I don't understand :\. That guy offered a translation of one in the first post and that was it. Other 2 were mentioned by "EX-MAN" and are probably documented in Russian.

Good luck.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Ah, I had already tried this change ... but had the same problems as you. (crash when random)
Thanks given by: