Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: Hao Fire Master
Im working with this big ball and i got a problem, because when ball hits the target (enemy) it explode but with effect: 2 the explosion hit also teammates and myself. With effect: 22 its ok but enemy dont want to fly forward i create itr like this:

' Wrote:itr:
kind: 0 x: 82 y: 16 w: 60 h: 135 dvx: 6 dvy: -25 fall: 70 vrest: 300 bdefend: 16 injury: 75 zwidth: 37
effect: 2
itr_end:
itr:
kind: 0 x: 22 y: 16 w: 60 h: 135 dvx: -6 dvy: -25 fall: 70 vrest: 300 bdefend: 16 injury: 75 zwidth: 37
effect: 2
itr_end:

I tried to change dvx but it doesnt work when i put effect: 22
Gaming and Modding
Thanks given by:
Change the explosion's state 18 to some other state like 19 or 15.
States & Effects.
18 has burning_smoke is hardcoded to hit yourself or allies unless you use effect 21 or 22. That's why Julian's soul bomb will hurt himself & allies when it explodes.
15 has no special property, but original LF2 used it for Julian's Big Bang, so I followed convention.

19 has burning_smoke. Shouldn't have issues, but if state 19 somehow makes the explosion move up/down just put dvz: 550 or hit_j: 50. If it somehow doesn't injure people with state 18(use Firen D>J towards another Firen doing D^J, the D>J actually misses and D^J wins), then you can use state 15 and make the explosion opoint an invisible ball with state 18 just to create the burning_smoke before it deletes itself with next: 1000.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
Thank you i forgot about the state 18 somehow :O Maybe because i got a break from the DC and LF2
I used state 15 for this and it works perfectly! Even with closest range oponent flying forward so you cant use that groundflames with punch combo.
I did almost everything but now im working with heat wave to upgrade sprites :)

One more thing i got an idea for his new attack. I change fire beam and you cant combo like before and also change his mana for the main head ball but as you said for AI this attack isnt okay because it collide with his greater attack fire blast. I decided to delete this and ofc i need now to make an attack or maybe even 2 new attacks.

I came with idea to make fire shield for his attack now how it works:
You create fire shield (opoint like stay shield with character for a while like 15sec) and it will small damage all enemies with fire that will came to close combat. Sprites for this shield will looks like a 3 fire spirit circling around the Hao. What you think about that?

Got another idea for an attack! I could change Fire blast for FJ and add a small fire balls for FA i will explain what "small fire balls" means so:
It wont be like firen's fire balls. I want to create an attack like Throwing fire balls to the ground i will explain with simple pain picture :D
[Image: 9aR4IVr.png]
First picture explain that this is close range and it falls to the ground (enemy isnt in range) Second picture explain that enemy is in range so falling ball hit him. What do you think about this? Mana cost will be probably low like maybe 50 or lower and he can spam it like davis spam his ki balls.
Gaming and Modding
Thanks given by:
the fire shield idea is nice, but 15 seconds? i don't see why make it that long, as he is almost invincible during that while and can recover enough mana to reuse it shortly after it expires, even if it costs 500 mana.
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
when i put all the files ingame except the ai one it doesn't work, like the char is in the game with no attacks showing up. what's the problem ?
Sincerely, Slitcm ,Gal [Image: mXx4c.gif]
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2017, 11:05 AM)Sam Fisher Wrote:  when i put all the files ingame except the ai one it doesn't work, like the char is in the game with no attacks showing up. what's the problem ?

I dont know maybe you put files in wrong places or didnt add data lines into data.txt

About updates:

I tried to make fire shield but its kinda buggy and seems op in some ways so i gave up on this.

I was thinking about two attacks:

D>A+A... - Throwing small fire balls like i said before, close range and hitting ground

the second idea is an attack similar but not the same:

DvA - Hao using force of fire and hit the ground making 3 balls one after another starting from the ground and flying in way like banana is or rainbow then hit the ground.

But in my opinion all these moves would wekaen his AI which i will remake after i make Hao complete.

I came with an idea for making fire sword. I already got sprites for item. What you guys think about this?

And in the end i will make some combos with fire kicks, punches, explosions etc.

I wonder if this would be ok to make him combo like this: hit 3 times then catch and now what you can do is hit opponent with punch ofc and also click DJA so Hao will make an explosion like firen's one. He will lose some hp like 20 and deal like 75 dmg to enemy.
Gaming and Modding
Thanks given by:
Hi there i updated Hao some months ago, but i didnt have enough time to put more updates for him so i decided to upload a new version of changes what i made for him so:

1. Hao Fire Beam is removed from the game - STM1993 put a good point on that thing on first page of this thread.

2. Mobility updated. Now he is faster more like a boss not like a basic character.

3. Fire Blast bugs fixed. Now you cant do eternal combo of death.

4. No MP cost for >>A/>>JA.

5. Some sprite updated with more fire effects.

6. NEW POWER: Now Hao can summon firesword without any buggy fire attacks.

Thaths all for now maybe i will try to make something new in him but for now thats all :)

Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NEp0lP...rhCkl42Ugk
Gaming and Modding
Thanks given by: STM1993