Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activity threads
(08-29-2015, 12:27 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  tdlr; basically allow for anyone to edit the 1st page or even all posts made by that user in that respective thread (with special permission ofc - resetting polls, adding extra content, fixing spelling/grammar errors...etc)
Doing this is actually an incredible amount of work and I didn't find anything closely related to it either. I personally don't have the time nor the will to program this from scratch either. Creating a feature like this would mean I'd have to create virtual groups that override the original group-permissions. Pretty sure that conflicts will arise sooner than later.

Thing is, moderators can edit posts but that doesn't mean they will. I don't expect them to maintain first posts either; if they feel like doing it: great! If they don't: well, no reason to force it upon them.

Something which is less work but I still don't really want to do is to change the authorship of the post. Again (just this time for admins), can is not will, and in this case, I'm safe to say that neither MH nor I have a burning desire to change first-post-authors at all.

In essence: possible but not feasible.

(08-30-2015, 07:13 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  it accidentally happened to me in revamped threads and bp recovered all the information again i was really grateful.
That was a mess to recover and was more hacking than anything else :p
That really shouldn't become the norm.

(09-02-2015, 05:36 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  well, about other persons permission to edit, maybe they can open their own threads and link everything they want to the "old" thread if anything is needed.
This is the solution I prefer as well. That way, these super-large threads won't have to be loaded either (because seriously, the first post of the revamped sprites thread has definitely gotten out of hand :p). Just a crosslink and everything is good to go :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Hellblazer , Ariyan , LutiChris
After reading empirefantasy's post i felt pretty dumb. My method wasn't pragmatic at all. :p
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: