Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Item] Bandit
(10-24-2008, 09:25 PM)Blue-Phoenix Wrote:  Wished a little "broken-weapon-effect" there, which might be realized with a bdy-check. As soon as there isn't any bdy of the weapon anymore, some frames will be activated that show the bandit disappearing or sorta that. Hope you get the idea. This would be awesome if you could implement that! ;)

have you ever made a custom broken effect? because that doesnt sound all that practical
Thanks given by:
(10-24-2008, 10:42 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(10-24-2008, 09:25 PM)Blue-Phoenix Wrote:  Wished a little "broken-weapon-effect" there, which might be realized with a bdy-check. As soon as there isn't any bdy of the weapon anymore, some frames will be activated that show the bandit disappearing or sorta that. Hope you get the idea. This would be awesome if you could implement that! ;)

have you ever made a custom broken effect? because that doesnt sound all that practical
I thought about it just now again to figure out what might be in my way aka. probs. In theory it works, I'll just need to set it up in a dat-file... Oh, please, let this work, the idea is so awesome :D
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
in any case ive solved it differently :p
go ahead tho and post the result so he can add blood spatter to his bandit

I'll do it later, too tired right now -_- ~Blue
Thanks given by:
Well, even YinYin's weaponpack is broken-free :D:D:D:D

Anyway, would it have something to do with an opoint and an itr:kind8?
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
or...how about the bandit gets up and runs away instead of breaking or anything?
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by:
LOL that'd be funny :D
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
think wpoints

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
Kayz, obviously I don't find time to test this out on dat-files, so here's my theory:
Actually, Az said exactly what I was thinking about. wpoints.
When the item falls to the ground, an opoint will create an object which is being held as a light weapon (opoint:/kind: 2). In every frame, you'll have a wpoint with a certain action-value (I'd recommend some value >80 to avoid problems). I tested this effect on Freeze: when you opoint the sword and then disappear by a next: 1000, the sword will fall down => goes to a different frame. Anyways, the object has a next-value, and, as far as I think, this next would just be cared about if it isn't being manipulated by a wpoint, which it is. The wpoint is supposed to prevent the object from going to the next frame. But as soon as the weapon loses all its hp, it'll disappear, so nothing will hold the object. This object will now start the sequence of the broken sprites, so this is something fairly easy ;)
On a side note, while writing this, I just had an idea on how to create only one object during falling frames. The point is, to first use a weaponact: 1000 to make the held object disappear, and in the next frame immediately create a new object in the old one's place. Chances are pretty low that the weapon will touch the ground in the moment, it'll be object-less. If you time it correctly, it's even completely evitable.

I tried to write it as easy as possible, just ask if you've any further questions ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
blue - before you said something about a bdy check - this is quite different, or in other words exactly what i did for julio

(10-25-2008, 02:25 PM)Drahcir Wrote:  Well, even YinYin's weaponpack is broken-free :D:D:D:D
have you ever looked at the release date? :p
it might be my second data work whatsoever
(10-26-2008, 08:19 PM)Azriel Wrote:  think wpoints
exactly
Thanks given by:
Well, I'll update it soon--don't have time right now...
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Thanks given by: