Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No parse
So I was wondering if it is possible to install a plugin for not parsing anything between [noparse] tags.

E.g.

[noparse]
@MangaD
test
http://www.lf-empire.de
:)
[/noparse]

would result in:

@MangaD
[b]test[/b]
http://www.lf-empire.de
:)

PS: I modified the original a bit so it won't parse mentions, links and smilies as well.

Edit: Actually smilies have same problem as BBGeshi, not all are not parsed. But here it's possible to convert more characters to their codes.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: A-Man
(12-07-2015, 04:08 AM)MangaD Wrote:  So I was wondering if it is possible to install a plugin for not parsing anything between [noparse] tags.

But... why?

Is it really that necessary?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
^ Lol i sense frustrations.
Thanks given by:
lol.
I suppose for when you're trying to write something that might otherwise be parsed as a smiley or anything else.

Another use I could think of for this would be for the Commissions sub forum where text describing deals can be 'x-rayed' using those to find any hidden twists, if someone tried to be a sneaky :P. Not very convincing, probably.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
A-Man Wrote:I suppose for when you're trying to write something that might otherwise be parsed as a smiley or anything else.
Over 90% of the cases, it will not be the case. If it is really required, we could rather just use some sorta alternative like using the 'code' tag or something. It already looks like the editor is too much buffed out, and adding more things that have more or less almost nil importance is another way to confuse everyone.

A-Man Wrote:Another use I could think of for this would be for the Commissions sub forum where text describing deals can be 'x-rayed' using those to find any hidden twists, if someone tried to be a sneaky :P. Not very convincing, probably.
Oh please mate. That sub-forum did not even get a single sh*t by anyone till date, while there were huge controversies about it
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2015, 07:42 PM)Hellblazer Wrote:  Over 90% of the cases, it will not be the case. If it is really required, we could rather just use some sorta alternative like using the 'code' tag or something. It already looks like the editor is too much buffed out, and adding more things that have more or less almost nil importance is another way to confuse everyone.
It shouldn't necessarily have a button for itself. The [hidden] and the [icode] are 2 tags which don't have buttons to use them. As for how often it's going to be used, I think as long as there is a legitimate case where it can be useful, then it could be there, if there is no harm. Especially since the plugin has been presented "on a golden plate".

(12-07-2015, 07:42 PM)Hellblazer Wrote:  Oh please mate. That sub-forum did not even get a single sh*t by anyone till date, while there were huge controversies about it
Yeah, LFE members are broke :\
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(12-07-2015, 07:51 PM)A-Man Wrote:  It shouldn't necessarily have a button for itself. The [hidden] and the [icode] are 2 tags which don't have buttons to use them. As for how often it's going to be used, I think as long as there is a legitimate case where it can be useful, then it could be there, if there is no harm.
Oh yeah, a no-button code would be fine for trolling noobs everyone who does not want to see it. :)

(12-07-2015, 07:51 PM)A-Man Wrote:  Especially since the plugin has been presented "on a golden plate".

Lel. xD
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2015, 07:51 PM)A-Man Wrote:  Especially since the plugin has been presented "on a golden plate".

It's not the difficulty implementing it that is preventing me from doing it. It's the fact that I feel that it's pretty pointless. And, much worse, it contributes to one of the biggest weakpoints of MyBB, which is the parser. This parser's logic is ugly.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2015, 08:11 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  

It's not the difficulty implementing it that is preventing me from doing it. It's the fact that I feel that it's pretty pointless. And, much worse, it contributes to one of the biggest weakpoints of MyBB, which is the parser. This parser's logic is ugly.

Yes, agreed. Useless plus dun' want to see the editor getting screwed up like the Wysiwyg did.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2015, 08:40 PM)Hellblazer Wrote:  Yes, agreed. Useless plus dun' want to see the editor getting screwed up like the Wysiwyg did.

This has nothing to do with the editor, though...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: