Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project NLFFG
(12-16-2015, 12:32 PM)AmadisLFE Wrote:  Let me give some ideas too, hopefully you have a pen and paper ready will understand what I mean, because not everyone does...

1. Ceilings:
Explanation: This won't be like your Average ceiling which you can go through, it will be like a Solid Object which you can't go through until you break it, functions same way as the ground but it cannot be stood on. ( The Breaking part is optional )

2. Multilevel-Backgrounds:
Explanation: Backgrounds with stairs/ladders/elevators that allow you to go up to a new floor, technically it changes the background for whoever is in the top floor, could be used with the "Ceiling Break" Function to allow one to go up to the roof/different level.

3. Introduction ( Optional Idea ):
Explanation: Heh, did the title Confuse you? Now what I mean by this is like, the character does a small introduction of themselves, in LF2 the character directly goes into the Standing Frames, but the Idea is that the character says something/does something first before going into the fighting frames, kind of like in M.U.G.E.N.

4. Health, Armor, Mana/Ki and Stamina:
Explanation: Last idea that is in my head right now, I saw a small discussion of it, so I decided to extend it further, anyway, maybe we could make Health, Armor, Mana/Ki and Stamina all Configurable? I mean all of the characters will have 500 Health, 0 - 2 armor points, 500 Mana/Ki and I guess like 200 Stamina or so, maybe lower or higher.

The idea is to make it changeable, like a character will have 9001 health instead of 500, or it will have 1 health instead of 500, and or the character will have high armor but lower health or MP, I hope you are getting the Idea.

( I am expecting all those Ideas to be possible in like the A-Engine right now lol. )

All these features are very basic and are available in A-engine since a long time :p
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by: A-Man
I can help with spriting, If this project is serious enough I'll do all I can for this.
no shadow and no gravity

well pretty poor options. first there should be a tag called "shadow", so you can choose which shadow are you going to use or none. coz a big bug of lf2 is that knife have the same shadow with a big attack like fire explosion.

even thought there are y_acc and y_vel (if its not yet it must be), I think there should be values for gravity. well since there is an y_acc, we know that gravity is an acceleration. So in fact there is no need of such kind of tag. lets say we want to make 3 frames with gravity, so we just use the y_acc value. anyways maybe for higher acuity and easy-using putting making this tag more functional would be good.
Same applies for friction. As we know every object have it's own friction (lf2 object or bg area).

Now lets talk about priority. here you can think about parent-child object but I am first referring to global fields of the objects aka tags in bmp part (if there will be one :p). So for high practically I suggest to put a priority level on tags such as gravity. So if I want to quick modify any object I can just put a gravity=0/no gravity with a high level and so the whole object become without gravity. or let's say in a system with 10 levels of priority 0 lowest, I can have frames with different gravity levels. say some frames with level 1 and some others with 4 and some other with 7. now if I want to quit grav in some frames (which I have consider that don't need that much gravity and have marked them low in priority) I just put gravity=0 with priority 6 on the top of the file and so only those frames with p7 will "survive" the change. Or maybe an advanced concept would be to write in which frames this priority tag will be applied. so lets give an example frames_where_apply= 10-12 14-20 220-500

how do u think? :)
@empirefantasy (Click to View)
I was wondering, for spriters willing to contribute, if this style is manageable or not. Faker is sticking to his vow and is not posting here, but I've got his word that this is what's manageable for him.

Edit: Do you mean you condemn the pixel art style altogether, or do you mean to say you just hate working with it?
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(12-17-2015, 09:40 PM)A-Man Wrote:  I was wondering, for spriters willing to contribute, if this style is manageable or not. Faker is sticking to his vow and is not posting here, but I've got his word that this is what's manageable for him.

I personally hate pixels.
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
                            Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by: Silverthorn , AmadisLFE
(12-16-2015, 03:07 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  
(12-16-2015, 12:32 PM)AmadisLFE Wrote:  Let me give some ideas too, hopefully you have a pen and paper ready will understand what I mean, because not everyone does...

1. Ceilings:
Explanation: This won't be like your Average ceiling which you can go through, it will be like a Solid Object which you can't go through until you break it, functions same way as the ground but it cannot be stood on. ( The Breaking part is optional )

2. Multilevel-Backgrounds:
Explanation: Backgrounds with stairs/ladders/elevators that allow you to go up to a new floor, technically it changes the background for whoever is in the top floor, could be used with the "Ceiling Break" Function to allow one to go up to the roof/different level.

3. Introduction ( Optional Idea ):
Explanation: Heh, did the title Confuse you? Now what I mean by this is like, the character does a small introduction of themselves, in LF2 the character directly goes into the Standing Frames, but the Idea is that the character says something/does something first before going into the fighting frames, kind of like in M.U.G.E.N.

4. Health, Armor, Mana/Ki and Stamina:
Explanation: Last idea that is in my head right now, I saw a small discussion of it, so I decided to extend it further, anyway, maybe we could make Health, Armor, Mana/Ki and Stamina all Configurable? I mean all of the characters will have 500 Health, 0 - 2 armor points, 500 Mana/Ki and I guess like 200 Stamina or so, maybe lower or higher.

The idea is to make it changeable, like a character will have 9001 health instead of 500, or it will have 1 health instead of 500, and or the character will have high armor but lower health or MP, I hope you are getting the Idea.

( I am expecting all those Ideas to be possible in like the A-Engine right now lol. )

All these features are very basic and are available in A-engine since a long time :p

Eye Knew it! xD, I will think of better Idea's next time.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Just to let you guys in what is happening, as U1Technology hasn't replied to our previous email, I've sent them another short email again today. This time, I addressed Mr. Oscar directly:
We've Been Waiting For a Word From You (Click to View)

Thanks given by:
Did they just ignore us, or is that email simply not used anymore by them and they went inactive..?
Thanks given by:
I don't think it's time to say they're ignoring us yet. I would've tried calling the phone number in the contact us section of their site if I knew any Chinese.

Thanks given by:
Its a corpo, dont get surpised that you havent heard for a week. I would rather think the answer would be approaching like in a month or two.
Thanks given by: A-Man , AmadisLFE