Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Multiserver 2.0
(03-13-2016, 05:00 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Man if this could be rewritten in C++ to work on Linux too that would be awesome. But if you make it open source someone else may take the initiative. Waiting for it. :D

Edit: Forgot to mention that the cheat "herofighter.com" also seems to work.
Yes it is possible, the code is not very complicated.
If someone will want to do it he is welcome :D

And I added to the subject that herofighter.com works too. Thanks.

(03-13-2016, 09:05 PM)mfc Wrote:  I would love to hear about what multiplugin does and how, good wrok! And can't wait to see open source version of it!
In multiserver 1.0 the nicknames of the players were not appeared in the game.
I wanted to solve it, and by accident I've found out that I can connect 8 players without a lot of trouble!
Apparently there are 8 integers in the memory, that indicates LF2 how each player is controlled.
-1 : controlled by remote player
0 : not in the game
1,2,3,4 - controlled by local player 1,2,3,4
The problem was that if you tried to connect more than 4 players, the additional players got '0' in their control settings.
So the plugin changes it to '1' and then the player can control it.
I also send 4 player names in the normal way like LF2 does, and if there are more than 4 players I am encoding the remaining nicknames in the random buffer Xd
I scatter the letters across the buffer, so the buffer remains pretty much random. And of course the players names and the connection order are haphazard too.

(03-14-2016, 03:01 PM)Neuro Wrote:  Wow, it is so nice to see LF2 still being developed in 2016 by the community °[]° :)

I believe this can make great 4vs4 or FFA competetive games. Are you thinking of further development? Maybe share the source with Chiko and improve the lobby for 8-man games with a chat? :) But LF2 lagg sucks, eh, it is nice only when people play within the same country :(
Thanks! I will share the source code soon, I just want to revise few things.
At lf2.co.il we are using LFN, it is a centralized Multiserver I have built with chat capabilities.
But the games are hosted on a server at Israel, so it is not relevant currently to people outside the country because of the lags.

And we made at lf2.co.il 8 players battle for the first time :D
http://lf2.co.il/n/8_Players_game.zip
Thanks given by: MangaD , mfc
ayalx Wrote:  At lf2.co.il we are using LFN, it is a centralized Multiserver I have built with chat capabilities.
But the games are hosted on a server at Israel, so it is not relevant currently to people outside the country because of the lags.

Do you plan to release the source for LFN? I'm sure someone will be happy to host a server in Europe. I have one sitting in France. Mdsrv also has one.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
I do intend to release the source code for LFN in the future.
But currently it is still in development, and it is not flexible enough to deploy it easily.
It is written in C#, and therefore needs a Windows Server, and it uses specific things for our server like the users from our forum.
I will think about how to make it more easy to use.
Thanks given by:
Ayalx, I advertised the new version of your Multiserver to the Russian LF2 community and everyone is so excited man ^^ I am still wondering how did you make the clients' names to be visible to everyone else °[]° Does the plugin send information about each player's name to the server?
Thanks given by:
I am glad to here! :D

When LF2 connects, it sends the names of the 4 players from its controls settings.
The server takes the first name (p1) from each client, and sends the names to all the clients.
The plugin just takes the names and puts them in the right place, so LF2 will show them.
Thanks given by:
Even tho in Israel we still have a lot of lags when we tried to use it :(
And also,
you could mention that if you open the port on TCP 12345 they can join your server without need to use VPN softwares like Hamachi and Tunngle.
Thanks given by:
There is no inherent reason why more than 4 players will have lags.
If all the players has a good connection to the server it should be OK.
I am working on fixing the ping command, so you will be able to tell which players may cause lags.
Thanks given by:
Found out how to run Multiserver 2.0 on linux.

Instructions here: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10042
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: STM1993 , ayalx
(03-27-2016, 02:22 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Found out how to run Multiserver 2.0 on linux.

Instructions here: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10042

Nice! I heard about Mono but I didn't know if it works well.

A tiny update to Multiserver.
Update 2.01:
:pokeball: A new ping command, that should work better.
:pokeball: "random" command, prints the players list in a random order. For choosing teams etc.
:pokeball: Multiserver can be enabled for a single player. If a player wants to check that his controls work, he can run the server for himself.

About the ping command:
the ping command returns how much delay each players causes to the game.
0ms - indicates that the player does not create lags.
I can't know the actual respond time of the player, because if the game runs too fast LF2 will hold its response (delay between frames).
The command still has some issues, but it should work better.

And I am releasing the source, you are welcome to use it as you see fit :D
Thanks given by: MangaD , mfc
(04-03-2016, 07:32 PM)ayalx Wrote:  I can't know the actual respond time of the player, because if the game runs too fast LF2 will hold its response (delay between frames).
F5?
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: