Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marti Wong

Meet the man - the legend - the creator of our beloved game - Marti Wong
One of my friends found this article that was posted today and i thought i'd share it with the rest of the community. Basically he talks about his life as a developer and gives some rudimentary advice.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
It's sad what has become of the game development business nowadays, and I can't blame him for choosing such strategies. Maybe I'll just say that mobile touchscreen devices are really bad platforms for a game like Herofighter.

But thanks a lot for sharing!

@Silva: Thanks a lot for your words and advice =D. I wish you the best of luck in finding a more suitable job O_o.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Hate , Bamboori
(04-20-2016, 05:35 PM)A-Man Wrote:  It's sad what has become of the game development business nowadays, and I can't blame him for choosing such strategies. Maybe I'll just say that mobile touchscreen devices are really bad platforms for a game like Herofighter.

But thanks a lot for sharing!

It's why you should appreciate the free time with little responsibilities you have to make something you are proud of. Maybe now days Marti has to compromise his vision to try and make money. But at least he created lf2, where he didn't hterrible. ompromise and could focus on gameplay. He left a legacy. Don't waste your chance man. Before you know it, it's all over. You're sitting on the train/bus/your car and going to work to do something you hate. All passion dead. All you want is the pay cheque so you can go waste it on drugs/activities. You think back to a time where you didn't care about money and had the freedom to do what you want. You realize you accomplished nothing with that time and feel sad. You stare at your monitor wondering who the f*** the idiot that wrote the code was. You realize it was you. You don't even care, just copy paste the whole thing again and change o e line. Job done. Your boss is done and everyone is happy. You are sad because you know everyhing is terrible. You look at your next task and realize that it will take you one hour to complete. You tell your boss it'll take a week. Sit on YouTube watching sh**** videos of cats. Do it on Wednesday, a few days ahead of schedule. Everyone thinks your smart. Its all sh*t. Think about how your talent is wasted. Realize you have no actual talent. Go home and try to program something well, but you are mentally exaughsted from watching all those cat videos. Go on irc. Zort isn't there. What's the point. Watch some sh**** TV and go to the gym. Try to squat 200kg. You can't. Think back to a time when you had infinity time and could have become so much stonger. Instead you did nothing is with that time. Open lf2 and try to reverse engineer something. Everything already reverse engineered by someone else. Try to think or a cool idea, realize yinyin is old now. You are old too. What's the point. Think back to the good old days. Realize you were an a** in the good old days. Try and look at your accomplishments within the lf2 community. Realize its not that impressive. Look for other jobs online. They don't pay as much as your job. How will toy afford to get drunk and go snowboarding in the winter? How will you afford your house? You look at the time, its 11pm. Gotta go to bed so you can wake up early and go to work. You can't fall asleep till 3am because you're too busy thinking about all this sh*t. Its 7 am, your alarm goes off. Repeat for the rest of your life. If only you didn't waste all the time and created something worthwhile. At least then it's not all as meaningless.

Don't be like me, I was/am/will be an idiot. "I'll do it tomorrow". Next thing you know, yinyin is old. Then zort is gone. What's even the point.

Be better. Be A-Man. Finish your f***ing engine. Make a game. Look back at it in a few years and realize, hey I didn't waste my life. Or maybe toy did and your game was a failure. Oh well, at least you tried. You also never knew zort so you don't have to think about him, that should make life a bit easier I guess.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.