Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“IPMEN - on the border of Information Chaos“
Hello,

I am 3rd year college student styding Information Services (liet. Informacijos Paslaugos) at Šiauliai State College. My study program is about how to deal with information, how to find it and stuff. It's related to librarie's, archyves and museums.

During our 2nd year, we started making newspaper during lectures. Also someone suggested to draw comics and make the newspaper look fun. It may attract some new people. We needed story for comics. Decided to create a super hero and called him IPMEN'as. IP stands for Informacijos Paslaugos. Back then, we created 3 stories. It was all about information, where to look, find, how to fight bad information and stuff. Our hero is the one who uses fist, but he helps people to find information, how to avoid bad information and stuff.

During 3rd year, we decided to continue the comics and make a exhibition. Stories are short. 1-2 pages. I drew everything, my other colleagues helped with the stories.

Yesterday on November 17th comic debuted. I also gave interview for a local television.
[Image: 15032746_1335815503129548_17721491318331...e=5888B761]
We were also wearing our college custom made t-shirts to advertise our college.

Everything is in Lithuanian, but I will put explanation.

So, here we go.

Poster
[Image: hSbKusI.png]
(without extra information). Since not many people knew about this hero, make something mysterious, simple (maybe overused but mysterious)

1. Pink
[Image: p9hTus4.png]
[Image: rqKgRrp.png]
This one is a little bit different then other ones. It got this purple color on purpose. World looks happy and beautiful in purple but our hero wants us to drop that purple color. In this story, our hero is relaxing, havind various thoughts. Tells to a reader what he's been doing up to this point.

2. Beginning
[Image: DlvbjXM.png]
[Image: 2yNxk7C.png]
This is the origin of this hero. Story is based on a short movie we made during 2nd year. He was a ordinary guy (like most of them). He was looking for a information but then he found something weird and explosion struck him. He fell down. Woke up with ache in his head, he was all dizzy. But then he heard a that someone is in trouble.
He grabbed a curtain, put the gloves on and went outside. He saw a girl who was sad because she could not find information. He gave her a hand and they went to his HQ.

3. Where is information?
This one is the very first I created. At the point we did not know what to do and how long this comic will last, so we did a simple one.
[Image: twnTUZ6.png]
A story is short. A guy is sitting on the bench, he can't find the information and then someone says where to find. Then boy asks who is he and hero tells about himself

4. Plagiarism
The 2nd one. Theme was about plagiarism. Simple - avoid it.
[Image: 6Xfssr2.png]

5. Archyve (Alt. title "functions")
Yet simple story again. The first one I created during 3rd year of my studies.
[Image: JqXwFbe.png]
A guy needs information, he already knows where to find so he comes to the right place. He ask for the information about memoir. Then Hero shows up, shows his archyve, and gives him the right one.

6. Lies
In this one we created the first villain in our story. He was telling lies to the people.
[Image: mm578EG.png]
[Image: SCxyehn.png]

7. The End
This is the last story but not final.
[Image: eRNewou.png]
[Image: NOQUvNB.png]
People started asking our hero various questions and he was kind a "out of information". He did not knew everything, he was unable to answer so many questions (you can see his gadgets). He runs to get some information but he can't find it. He is shocked, falling down. Later he is sitting with empty head, clock stopped ticking in his head. There is a little IPMEN in his head. Doctors says that he got too many information and he will not heal. But as You can see - little IPMEN have this light bulb and smile as if he knows the way. Also, we put this "to be continued" to make people think that there will be a continuation.

So that's what I've been doing for a few months. Studies, life takes most of the time, and for a free time, you get a little bit and do not want to do anything but just to get some rest.

Thank you for reading!
Useful
Thanks given by: klodasmone , A-Man , Gad , Ariyan
Post interview video, when available.
Thanks given by: Gespenst
Go to 16:52 tho it's in Lithuanian language..

Useful
Thanks given by: klodasmone
I still remember when you started drawing... now just look at how much progress you've made. Lithuania wtf! I hope in the future we will combine our forces and make something LF2 related, a comic or a graphic novel, or something. Anyway, godspeed!

P.S. Have you been lifting weights? Your frame is much wider now...
P.P.S. Still surrounded by chicks, I see. Alpha as f***!
Thanks given by: Gespenst
(11-19-2016, 02:44 AM)klodasmone Wrote:  Lithuania wtf! I hope in the future we will combine our forces and make something LF2 related, a comic or a graphic novel, or something. Anyway, godspeed!
I've been thinking about graphic novel too! But time...

(11-19-2016, 02:44 AM)klodasmone Wrote:  P.S. Have you been lifting weights? Your frame is much wider now...
You noticed that too! :D Even my lecturer and curator(?) complimented about that :D

(11-19-2016, 02:44 AM)klodasmone Wrote:  P.P.S. Still surrounded by chicks, I see. Alpha as f***!

It's important to dominate.
Useful
Thanks given by: klodasmone