[Image: 2s0ebrl.jpg]
Face pic
[Image: sg0tqo.jpg]
Original Face Pic

Well I don't know how to colour face pic
CLICK the pic to DOWNLOAD
[Image: Zepo.png]
Thanks given by: A-Man
I prefer the shading style of the sprite on the right. Although the one on the left would blend with existing LF2 characters better.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Happy Clown
(03-18-2017, 10:58 AM)A-Man Wrote:  I prefer the shading style of the sprite on the right. Although the one on the left would blend with existing LF2 characters better.

Gotcha...!! Arigatou I appreciate it^^
Thanks given by:
Both look pretty good. The shading you are going to go with depends on purpose behind sprites. If you think about making whole character, go with simple style, it will make your life easier and i still look good enough
Thanks given by: the mad maskman , Happy Clown
(03-18-2017, 02:46 PM)Marko Wrote:  Both look pretty good. The shading you are going to go with depends on purpose behind sprites. If you think about making whole character, go with simple style, it will make your life easier and i still look good enough

Yup you are right, i want my sprites to look smooth so :D 20℅ done  I'm creating both style at a same time.
But I'll see which one looks better in game tanks for your concern.
Thanks given by:
MASK
if you want it to feel like a mask make sure you have at least one subtle tone/color that is consistent. since each part of the mask stands on its own it doesn't look like a mask but it looks like its part of his actual face. my recommendation is to temporarily remove your current mask and apply some filters on it so you can have that consistency i was talking about and then put it back on his face. maybe also have less contrast so that each element of the mask seems flat.

Hair
so it looks like you have the guys hair go upward but the placement of the front of his hair is over his forehead. it would make sense if you could see the forehead if you wanted that kind of upward design. if you like that placement then may i suggest that you change the direction of the hair and make it facing downward otherwise it just looks out of place and feels more like a wig.

Shading
the 2nd version is much better. 1st one doesn't have enough contrast overall. avoid gradients and focus on 2-3 shades.

Arms
if you look at each lf2 character you'll notice that their arms are roughly in the same place horizontally. in your character you have one side elongated and the other high up. you could make an excuse and say his arm is supposed to look slightly raised. but it would look more natural if his arms were relaxed. shorten his long arm a tad and increase the size of his short one so that they meet somewhere in the middle.
be sure to also fix the previously long arm by adding an elbow because right now it just looks incredibly stiff and straight. add a little bit of rotation but not too much like you did with the small arm.

Eyes
I usually discourage myself from making a lighter tint for the eyes. while its not wrong to do that at this size it becomes hard to see and people will just notice the eyebrows first and may often confuse them as his eyes closed like brock from pokemon. (course im exaggerating) eh doesnt really matter, my tablet screen made it look lighter than it really was (currently on phone and the lighting looks different - weird)

Clothes
zipper should be wider so you dont get that awkward dark shadow where his leg looks dislocated. be sure to add some knees. it doesn't have to be noticable just add a faint shadow on the left side of each of his knees. right now it just looks stiff like his long arm.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
(03-19-2017, 01:17 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  MASK
if you want it to feel like a mask make sure you have at least one subtle tone/color that is consistent. since each part of the mask stands on its own it doesn't look like a mask but it looks like its part of his actual face. my recommendation is to temporarily remove your current mask and apply some filters on it so you can have that consistency i was talking about and then put it back on his face. maybe also have less contrast so that each element of the mask seems flat.

Hair
so it looks like you have the guys hair go upward but the placement of the front of his hair is over his forehead. it would make sense if you could see the forehead if you wanted that kind of upward design. if you like that placement then may i suggest that you change the direction of the hair and make it facing downward otherwise it just looks out of place and feels more like a wig.

Shading
the 2nd version is much better. 1st one doesn't have enough contrast overall. avoid gradients and focus on 2-3 shades.

Arms
if you look at each lf2 character you'll notice that their arms are roughly in the same place horizontally. in your character you have one side elongated and the other high up. you could make an excuse and say his arm is supposed to look slightly raised. but it would look more natural if his arms were relaxed. shorten his long arm a tad and increase the size of his short one so that they meet somewhere in the middle.
be sure to also fix the previously long arm by adding an elbow because right now it just looks incredibly stiff and straight. add a little bit of rotation but not too much like you did with the small arm.

Eyes
I usually discourage myself from making a lighter tint for the eyes. while its not wrong to do that at this size it becomes hard to see and people will just notice the eyebrows first and may often confuse them as his eyes closed like brock from pokemon. (course im exaggerating) eh doesnt really matter, my tablet screen made it look lighter than it really was (currently on phone and the lighting looks different - weird)

Clothes
zipper should be wider so you dont get that awkward dark shadow where his leg looks dislocated. be sure to add some knees. it doesn't have to be noticable just add a faint shadow on the left side of each of his knees. right now it just looks stiff like his long arm.

Hair: yup!! You are right it loots like wig so I'll fix it
Legs: I wanted his legs to look long because 90℅ of is attacks does by his leg ( fire and fightfight type like Sanji)
Zipper: it looks Ok 50℅ sprinting is done
Thanks given by:
In general it's fine i'd say. Having in mind that you've lately started spriting and seeing that improvement is great, not much I could complain about.

If you're looking for feedback, I've decided to point out all flaws that bother me:

********Sprite:
- Skin shading needs some more contract, and could use more orange color. Also shading could be better.
my suggestion (Click to View)
- His right arm seems very stiff, could be more relaxed, contracted.
-Eyes could be darker, at this point they don't really fit the color palette and also seems different than the facepic.
- In general he's very slim and tall, i'd suggest using more lf2-shaped proportions.
-I like the gradient version (the one on the left) more.

********Face:
- As Luti pointed out - har looks very wrong, use an existing photo as a reference.
-Ear looks a little off.
-Shading is pretty shallow and simplified, could use more details (again use some real picture for a reference).
- Picture on mask is very weird. Not affacted by folding at all, and somehow perspective affects it? After fixing the perspective it looks like it was printed that way:
Thanks given by: A-Man , LutiChris