Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: Brad (remake of Bleeq)
Introduction
Brad is a character that I revamped from one of Gad's creations, Bleeq.

The name "Bleeq" is the same as one of member of the Little Fighter Polish Center, but I didn't understand the meaning of Bleeq so I googled Bleeq and came up with Brad, which is derived from Bradlees which had BLEEQ as its ticket symbol.

The original Bleeq is a generic character with strafe, energy blast and dashes. I decided to make use of some cutting-edge technique and an undiscovered stamina system to create a very special character who breaks the conventions of how LF2 characters play.

Description
Brad is played based on dance. He is a melee fighter with no crowd control, little counter-control and good engagement/disengagement abilities.

Being a very flexible character, he has 10 moves divided into 2 classes: Normal and Fever, each with 5 moves with similar properties. His normal moves cost no mana and his fever moves cost 250MP (50%) except Eclipse. Fever moves other than Eclipse are unique in extending dance of pain of damaged enemies, allowing chaining moves.

Brad is a very aggressive character that requires intensive player control and extensive knowledge of his moveset. His fever moves although powerful, can only be chained from his normal moves and are very punishing if used carelessly. He can alternatively use normal moves which finishes his combo with a launch or down finish, or even feinting enemies with delay.

Since update in 20 July 2018, Brad now has the ability to wield and throw light weapons. He does not swing weapons but can carry and throw them, and can also drink. Brad still automatically kicks heavy weapons should he try to kick them though.

Move list (Click to View)
Screenshot

Weapon compatibility
[Image: xHbMcMP.gif]
Punch x2 + Super punch + Eclipse
[Image: O3jTs7y.gif]
Slide
[Image: OH01WEG.gif]
Dash attack + Backflip + Jump attack x2
[Image: Usf9JVa.gif]
Frontflip + Eclipse-Fever + Slide-Fever + Eclipse-Fever + Backflip-Fever + Slide
[Image: vBLBmBQ.gif]
Punch x2 + Moonwalk + Frontflip-Fever + Eclipse-Fever + Slide-Fever + Eclipse-Fever + Backflip + Jump attack x2
[Image: rRiARSg.gif]

Video demonstration

Watch in youtube

Download

Update: 22 July 2018
Mediafire

Updates

Update list (Click to View)
Credits
Gad for creating Bleeq and his nice sprites, also for further advice
STM is great help in DC advice and balancing

Basic of Dance (How to chain combos with Brad)

Wall of text (Click to View)
The combo code you presented there,is it a forced combination you wanted to be? Or it turned out that way?.
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2018, 03:16 PM)Sevendogs Wrote:  The combo code you presented there,is it a forced combination you wanted to be? Or it turned out that way?.
I designed the system to balance out the total damage and tested those combos myself. I'm not in total control of the combos though.
Thanks given by:
altho i honestly didn't like nino's or the mage's revamp, i have to say, this one is really awesome.
facourite combo till now: AA, DJA+A+A, D^A/D>J depending on your positioning at the start if the combo, D^A after walking to him again, and follow up with jump attack. maybe this isn't the best one(and the jump attack is flippable obviously), but it looks cool and chunks more than half a health bar :P.
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
He's pretty heavy and stiff to play with.

What I am referring is his basic moves and special's.tho by looking at his sprites he seems pretty swift and easy to handle.

For example look at that slide kicks,smooth,but he move at very short distance and slow initiating time,regardless you only want him to stun his enemy.

What I suggest is to make him free moving while ending the move made,he doesn't need to end it with a delay.also we would love to see a better face pic.
Thanks given by:
Updated in 20 July 2018:

Enabled light weapon picking, however weapon swing is replaced by unarmed attack, can still throw weapon
Kicking heavy weapon is unchanged
Using Fever move other than Eclipse-Fever drops weapon
Pressing DvA in Eclipse-Fever will now properly use Eclipse-Normal instead of Eclipse-Fever.
It also removes an overpowered combo with repeated usage of Eclipse-Fever

Bug: When damaged in the middle of fever move, Brad holds a hidden weapon and cannot pick weapon despite he is seen to be unarmed.
Being knocked, caught, fluted or throwing hidden weapon clears this bug.

Bug: Using Slide-Fever in certain condition has misplaced shade.
Thanks given by:
Updated in 22 July 2018:

Reduced damage of jump attack from 50 to 40

Fixed bug:
When damaged in the middle of fever move, Brad holds a hidden weapon and cannot pick weapon despite he is seen to be unarmed.
Thanks given by: