Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Character: Adam
(03-04-2015, 03:35 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  like i said it works fine now, except that because there is a dvx= 40 in the itr frames to go to ball getting destroyed frames on d>a, the char also gets knocked back hard well because dvx 40

For kind 9 hit_d is the frame it will go to (what happens is that the object looses all its hp upon hitting a character, thus triggering the hit_a/d timer). So you can use dvx: 0
Thanks given by:
1,2,3,4 combo
[Image: Ahq7yfz.gif]

with energy in last hit
[Image: vUm6qnB.gif]

cycled
[Image: sAc68Qz.gif]
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
This looks great.

The energy hit alone could perhaps be a unique run attack.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza
Update!

i did my best fixing everything based on previous feedback and suggestions, i hope he is not under powered anymore and more enjoyable for game play.

- new run attack (energy punch)
- increased speed of super punch (the kick he does after AAA)
- improved D^A
*the ball in mid air slightly hovers up and down.
*ratio attack: hovering ball spawns a chase ball per enemy.
*you can jump and hit the hovering ball destroying it to send out extra chasing projectiles.

- added a melee combo on DVA
- changed sword spawning input to DA
- sword will spawn a small fading energy slash when you press A using it.
- improved healing
*changed input to DVJ
*fast healing (fast mp loss)
*changed to continuous move (press D to stop it)

Download
[Image: qEUh6s4.png]

suggestions for more improvement are always welcome ofc ;)
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by: STM1993
It feels like you got hitting itrs littered all over the DvA instead of 4 distinct hitting frames, thus making the hits seem to connect out of sync sometimes (not wrong to have an effect 4 itr on all frames to repel projectiles though). That or the rest values could use some tweaking.

The sword will get caught in hit lag and spawn multiple projectiles when directly hitting an object -> over 250hp damage. Better get rid of the itr in the opoint frame to prevent that. Also I think the projectile could be spawned higher, so the lower end of the swipe ends at the tip of the sword instead of below ground.
The whole sword move on DA actually feels quite out of place now having 4 better moves on common inputs. I would either scrap it entirely or keep it on DvA, further distribute the strafe hits onto run/super attack and repurpose the super kick as a unique jump attack.
I kind of prefer the current DvA though - it's just a much cleaner thing to use and look at.

DvJ can heal others including opponents.

The run attack could use an additional physical swing sound and take some mp (make sure to have a projectile repelling effect 4 itr on the whole thing to justify the energy&mp use).

D^A could use a visual effect for every projectile burst from the ball. The doubled projectile output upon hitting it doesn't feel enough to end it early - have you tried triple?
I currently overuse this move quite a bit as it has the longest reach and will keep opponents busy for quite some time. Not a bad thing, but it could certainly use some custom sprites, sound and use up some more mp to match the utility.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza
Bug #1: If you hit an enemy with sword, multiple projectiles instead of just 1 will spawn, causing massive damage.
Bug #2: Weapon swing sound in JA and >>JA are in the wrong frames.
Flaw #1: D^A chase balls deal normal damage on hit, but if they land on floor and explode, deal massive damage.
Flaw #2: Minor. DvJ should also have J to cancel the move for consistency with other characters (plus AI uses J randomly, so they can stop healing halfway)
Flaw #3: You can actually block the 2nd punch of DvA even if you got hit by the 1st punch.

I don't know if its intended, but enemies can actually hit the D^A ball and use it against you.

Personally didn't like the summon sword control of D+A because it clashes with the block counter, but I suppose it can be deliberately used as balancing point against players who simply spam A while blocking. Then again, now that Adam has DvA, he doesn't really need the counter kick or perhaps even the sword anymore.

Btw, you don't have to use the explosion as a separate data file requiring a separate ID, you can lump it together with any of the other ball data files since the explosion doesn't use any hardcoded hit frames etc.

Adam pretty much has no combos now, but he is a very powerful character with his D^A, especially in stage mode - pretty much like a bonus character like Bat/Firzen.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , AmadisLFE
Gave the "new" adam a try, certainly brought back old memories.

Apologies for gravedigging, but found that Adam's Dvj did not work, the self healing does not seem to self heal but only rapidly drain MP.
Further, despite having the adam_sword, adam_exp, adam_chase, they dont seem to be involved in the data, adam doesnt use his sword and adam shoots yellow Jan chase balls.

Ok i fixed none of those problems, but did give the sword a try and made this

[Image: mX9IH9I.png]

gif

download

basically a sword that flies when thrown, and pierces through enemies but not balls, henry wind for the aesthetics when flying but bears no effect.

Enjoy.
Thanks given by: