Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for someone to build a game inside lf2
I tried contacting marti one two of his emails but got an error message back from both? Does this guy not talk to anyone anymore?

I have been away from lf2 for a long time probably like 15 years.

I have been trying to get a smash brothers clone made featuring webcomics characters. But with little success then i remmebered lf2 and thought maybe setting the bar a bit lower would be a better idea for now.

I know there used to be a lot of modders even back in my day.

Is it even possible to build a game inside lf2? Are there any active modders?

Would marti even be cool with this? I wanted him to do it himself or atleast choose who would do it for him.

If anyone is still working on stuff like this what are the rates like?

I will link a little exmaple of my ideas below

http://cosmicwarriors.thecomicseries.com
Thanks given by:
(04-23-2020, 05:44 PM)Moon King Wrote:  I tried contacting marti one two of his emails but got an error message back from both? Does this guy not talk to anyone anymore?
(...)
Would marti even be cool with this? I wanted him to do it himself or atleast choose who would do it for him.

Marti is a senior software engineer at Google, Starsky is software engineer at Facebook. They don't care what you do with LF2, they can't be arsed with your fantasies, so you can forget they exist altogether.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
Ok so so does that mean you can build a game in lf2 and they wont grief you about copyrights or somthing?
Thanks given by:
first of all, building much more than a LF2 mod will probably defeat the purpose of using the game as your base engine to save time.
Second, if you want to create a commercial game, you will need to get permission from them (i doubt that though, since you want to include several webcomic characters for which you would need to do the same).

as long as you create a regular lf2 mod, you shouldnt need to worry too much.
Thanks given by: Silverthorn