Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VioletScript
Hey, a long time I've been off this forum! Happy new year! I'm coming to announce a project I started in 2017, a scripting language that is an EcmaScript dialect.

The compiler is not yet ready, sadly. But I want to show the available overview and reference for the language:

website

Here are particular features I like:

enumerations
record types
markup
Thanks given by: A-Man
Happy new year =).

This is good!
I've dreamt of a language that is seamlessly a scripting language as well as a markup language (not just markup within scripting, but also scripting within markup), so I can appreciate what you've done there.

I attempted something, but I never finished (yet?). The most challenging part for me was the amount of context-tracking I needed to parse everything efficiently (to make it possible to then make performant editors with syntax highlighting, auto-complete ..etc).

My attempt is here:
https://github.com/Student-A/A-SMUL-Lib/

I got only as far as writing the tokenizer for the language and started a bit on the "byte-language" in the devel branch.

I would be happy to discuss =).
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Hydroper
Cool!

About parsing, I always handwrote parsers; I learned parsing my language based in the projects Esprima and Luaparse by other people, which were handwritten, too. I replicated the parser several times. The only thing I didn't do are the unit tests, but I played several times with the parser in NodeJS before, so I'm sure it works. There might be a few bugs in the new parser in CSharp since I didn't play with it, but I think it's fine...

So, basically, there's parser fully done in C#. There's also a semantic model that I'm not sure whether it's fully correct, which will be used for the verifier.

By byte-language you mean some kind of bytecode, right?
Thanks given by: A-Man
Sounds good!

Yes, I meant comparable to bytecode. I probably didn't follow all the standards >.<

Keep it up =).
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Hydroper